Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

vCash
    Celebrating! Josh has been damn good at not letting on they did so well. I was convinced they didn't win. That little $hit! Wheeeeeeeee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    It's happened a few times before. Namely, Kisha & Jen winning Unfinished Business.
    And also Eric & Danielle on the first all stars.

I'm disappointed for the Chips, but not totally surprised...there were a few editing hints along the way that the Beekmans would pull it off. And they do always rock the mental tasks.

vCash

TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

Very happy for Josh and Brent! But condolences to Lexi - I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been when they seemed to have the win in the bag. I wouldn't have thought about the greetings either.

vCash

TAR with no game :( But we've got Chippendales

And yes, the Chips need to be on the next all-stars for sure.

vCash
    Well I hope that some of the racers have learned a lesson or two.

1) don't steal from someone else -- it will likely come back and bite you in the @ss
    2) don't be too nice with others. Courteous is fine but hey, being too nice can bite you in the @ss too! The Goat Farmers would never have won. Instead they would have been gone a long time ago if cetain other couples hadn't agreed to stay til those two finished a task. I'm thinking specifically of the synchronized swimming. I really don't get this "let's help" at all costs in the earlier legs but when it was time for the final it was every pair for themselves.
    3) don't underestimate the underdogs. There's usually a reason why they're still around -- some of it luck, some of it getting help from others.

BTW, I was soooo very glad Chippies got the cars since one of the guys was telling a story about how his mom needs a new car. He was so hoping that the winners of the "next" leg would win a car and that they would be first to the mat to win them. Happy for them to have won that since they didn't win the $1,000,000 -- I was so hoping they would be the winners what with the one dad fighting cancer. Drats.

Anyway, congrats to the winners.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'm kinda meh myself on the Goats winning, but was rather that they beat Twinnies for the final three.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    And yes, the Chips need to be on the next all-stars for sure.
    Is the next one an all-star edition? I wouldn't mind if they get another shot either, I was rooting for them.

That final hello/goodbye task was brilliant.

vCash
    I would never have predicted that outcome! Sort of like ... Laetitia Hubert beating Tara Lipinski!
    Congrats to the Goats. I'm happy for them. Although I would have enjoyed seeing the Chippendales win as well.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    What a great finale! The first hour was setting things up to be a bit tense, but I loved the rivalry and smack talk between the Goats and TWINNIES! TWINNIES! were hilarious (if understated) at the bathmat o' doom.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    the map did them in. Silly twinnies. You always learn to drive stick and read maps. Silly girls.
    I thought they asked someone and were told the wrong castle name (which we saw happened earlier with Trey/Lexie - or was it the Chips? - as well)?

zOMG the TAR natural disaster curse continues!!!!! (((Coney Island)))

The clues at Coney Island were brilliant, I especially loved how there were always people loitering by the sign pointing at the clues and no one realized. The Houdini thing - pretty sure I would have peed myself if I thought I finished and then felt myself falling At least the 2 teams that followed knew it was coming.

Trey and Lexie were great racers - Lexie let her frustrations get the best of her in a really, really difficult task. I'm glad it wasn't just a cakewalk though, like it was looking.

Jaymes and James are just the bestest. Glad James got a car for his mama, and these two and TWINNIES! have to be a lock for all-stars.

CONGRATS to the Goats!! Even though I wanted the Chips to win, by the end of it I was rooting for this team. They pulled it together when they needed to, and I was glad to see Brent be the one to do the final task so well. He's had some hard knock in the race

Hooray for one of the best TAR seasons in quite a while! so, um, next one starts again in January, yes?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Great season! Yes - Chips and Twinnies for All Stars.
    One thing I really appreciated in the last few episodes - compared to other seasons/teams - the mostly nice positive supportive comments within the teams.
    And yes the helping other teams in a way is not good game play, but just nice to see. I found that as the season went on I grew to like teams I initially was not sure about. Usually I grow to dislike teams as the season goes on.
    When the Beekmans ran to the final, I did like how Abbie and Ryan (especially Abbie) were really happy for them.
    Lexi & Trey - a cute couple, and for so young, seem like a great relationship/future.
    Chips - bummed for them, but I felt with all their talk of helping their families, thought they might not win.
    Hopefully TAR is back in Jan! Just a great show. And the last few episodes in Mallorca and Loire Valley - 2 places high on my list to go!

vCash
    Great win for them considering how many times they should have been gone and seemed the weakest of everyone. If it had been other racers with them at the end during the swimming challenge etc., they would have been last for sure. I think it's great they kept believing in themselves and didn't give up, even when they were absolutely hopeless at some of the challenges. I am sure they realize they made it by pure luck as well. Abbie and Ryan definitely held their destiny in their hands and by playing nice they kept them in the game. Twinnies would never have waited for them on that leg!!

I loved the Houdini challenge. How fun was that?

vCash
    I watched a bit late, so I finally saw the last task...yikes, that was a hard task. I think most people would have thought the same things as the Chips - "we just thought they were being cordial" Funnily enough, about 5 minutes before Josh said he was turning it from a language task to a math task, I came up with the same plan - after you get the ones you know, just methodically try each option until you get it right for a specific flag. And I managed to figure out what the Dutch ones were, in addition to French & Spanish, so I might have been one step ahead.

ETA: The challenge I might have been able to rock is Thank You in all the different languages since that is the one word I make the effort to learn everywhere I travel, so it's often the only word I know in a given language.

vCash
    As announced by CBS:
    "The Amazing Race's 22nd edition will premiere on the network on Sunday, February 17 at 8PM ET/PT."

Many congratulations to Josh and Brent.
    It was great to see a team win because of their ability to solve problems, instead using of "manipulation"/conniving to do so.
    The twins could learn something from them.

vCash
    Lexie's sobbing breakdowns whenever she the tasks got tough turned me off so I was rooting for either of the guy teams to win. The Chops haven't been all that observant of their surroundings in the past so I wasn't surprised that they had so much trouble finding the clue on the billboard but I liked how they caught up on the pizza task. It was also good to see the guys figure out how to tackle the flag challenge with logic rather than memory. I was happy enough for the Beekman Boys but I would have been happy with the Chips as well. They all seemed like decent people for a change.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

vCash
    I really liked four of the last five teams and that is unusual for me. (I was not crazy about the sisters but I didn't loathe them.) Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing all five teams invited back again.

vCash
    I would have been ok with any of the final 3 winning. Anyone except the Twinnies. One of the most irritating, obnoxious teams ever to last so long on AR. They were good racers & adept at manipulating others I'll give them that. I'm thinking in particular the pushing Lexi/Trey into sharing of their illgotten gains when the Hippies dropped their money. Then talking the Chippindales & Texans into (a very clever plan) participating in getting rid of Abby & Ryan.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I guess Gen and I are the only ones who found the twinnies hysterical. I loved them and their ability to laugh at themselves. I'd be happy with any of the top four back in an all-stars round. I didn't find Lexie whiney. That was a rough task and once she got frustrated, she sort of lost it. I see students do that all the time. She and Trey were so close to winning and she knew it, and she lost her focus. They were excellent racers and made a really good team.

Is the prize on TAR not like most reality shows where that million dollar prize is paid out as a 20 year annuity? One million dollars sounds like a lot, but over 20 years, it's not so much. Especially since it's split and then taxed. Of course, it will let you pay the taxes while those trip and car prizes are taxed as income with no cash to let them be paid. Unless, they have the option of a cash payout instead.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I'm not so sure that the twins' attitude/comments about Josh and Brent were "all in fun", either.
    I'd rather not see them again: although, I'm sure they will be asked, if AR does another All-Star season.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    I would have been ok with any of the final 3 winning. Anyone except the Twinnies. One of the most irritating, obnoxious teams ever to last so long on AR. They were good racers & adept at manipulating others I'll give them that. I'm thinking in particular the pushing Lexi/Trey into sharing of their illgotten gains when the Hippies dropped their money. Then talking the Chippindales & Texans into (a very clever plan) participating in getting rid of Abby & Ryan.
    Are you kidding? Lexi was ALL OVER the plan with the money - Trey seemed uncomfortable with it, but not Lexi.

And the double U-Turn plan was the best strategic move in the history of TAR - granted, the team they "saved" ended up winning, but based on everything that had happened up to that point, it was totally reasonable for the top 3 teams to assume that Abby & Ryan were the bigger threat.

TWINNIES! just get the blame for anything the other teams did that people don't like. They didn't even U-Turn anyone - the Chips are the ones who U-Turned Abby/Ryan, and it was Texas that implemented step 2 that eliminated them.

rfisher and I can just enjoy TWINNIES! by ourselves but geez, don't take the credit for shrewdness and/or unfavorable actions away from Texas and the Chips.

Question: wasn't there some talk about this season having a $2 million prize? I missed the first episode, so was it only whoever won that leg?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Question: wasn't there some talk about this season having a $2 million prize? I missed the first episode, so was it only whoever won that leg?
    The $2 million would have been awarded if the team that won the first leg (Abbie and Ryan) had also won the entire race.
    Last edited by Habs; 12-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I also liked the TWINNIES, but they're kind of like the friends you have at a party that needs livening up, but to go away with them on a vacation and spend a lot of time together...that'd be WAY too much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I was out Christmas shopping today and saw a Chippendales calendar--and there was Jaymes, giving me wet and smoky looks (he's on the back, so you can't see him in the link).
    Does he look anything like this? http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lf/...es_5902161.jpg

Buttons poppin' and everything! (Gosh, I do love me some cowboys!!)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast