Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Chips hanging out with their taxi driver.

glad that Lexi and ?? can't find the detour site.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    In the past, I thought they assessed the penalty for not completing a task before you checked in. If they did that here, the goat farmers would have to wait four hours, but they could check in ahead of the rockers. By giving the penalty the next day, the rockers have a chance to stay in. I like both teams, so I don't really care but it does seem like they engineered this a bit.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    You've got to love the twins.

And Chippies win a leg. I love them too.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    at Twins' cab driver asking them if they want to stop at McDonalds.

James's sore ankle made me as he danced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    In the past, I thought they assessed the penalty for not completing a task before you checked in. If they did that here, the goat farmers would have to wait four hours, but they could check in ahead of the rockers. By giving the penalty the next day, the rockers have a chance to stay in. I like both teams, so I don't really care but it does seem like they engineered this a bit.
    Maybe, but the pool closed, which is why they had to take the penalty. Doubtful the coach would stick around for four hours to oversee the penalty, when the pool isn't open.

vCash
    at Ryan being overconfident with the time zones.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    if they spent more time looking at skating comp schedules, they would be used to the time zone differences

fsu should have a team apply to TAR
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I'm in my little pony team.
    Gotta love the professor with the time zone.
    He is enjoying seeing Ryan being constantly wrong.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    Maybe, but the pool closed, which is why they had to take the penalty. Doubtful the coach would stick around for four hours to oversee the penalty, when the pool isn't open.
    But they could have kept them waiting at the mat before allowing them to check in, they didn't have to wait at the pool.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    But they could have kept them waiting at the mat before allowing them to check in, they didn't have to wait at the pool.
    That's true. Maybe it had to do with it also being a non elimination leg?

vCash
    I wonder how much time there is between the 3rd and 4th/5th place teams.

vCash
    I love, love, love Jaymes and James. So glad they got first over bland Lexi & partner. But kudos to Lexi for figuring out the time zone task.

Let James & Abba's elimination be a lesson to anyone who ever races: never, ever leave your passport in a unattended taxi. that fannypack should be with you at all times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Let James & Abba's elimination be a lesson to anyone who ever races: never, ever leave your passport in a unattended taxi. that fannypack should be with you at all times.
    And yet, this isn't the first time a team has lost their bags and/or passports.

vCash
    I found this episode very entertaining.
    Can we have Russian Taxi drivers every season? They were so amusing.
    Time Zone task - great teacher! I like how Lexi and indirectly Abbi figured it out before any guys did.
    I did not notice any times listed in the episode - the beginning times that is for each team - probably on purpose.
    The Chippendales are impressing me, more than just pretty faces, they are better racers than I originally thought. Bummed for the rockers, but always keep certain items on your person at all times.
    I am assuming that next week - with either a flight or opening time of some place there will be bunching up of all the teams.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star_gazer11 View Post
    I know Rombuh had to wait out their penalty at the task, when Rob refused to eat the meat, but usually penalties are sat out at the bath mat. I'm guessing they added it to this leg because it was NEL. Really, though.....the Goats should have realized that Goat2 was not going to be able to do it (due to not really being able to swim) and they could have taken the exact same penalty earlier. I wonder how many hours they were at the pool.

Nice getting to see a leg that the Goats did really well, even though they are still in last.

After last week's Nice Ryan And Abbie, we got to see Douchey Ryan back

FLOVE the Chips!!!! TWINNIES had a great leg tonight too...any other week the pants would have been the highlight of the episiode

Sad for James and Abba, but what else could they do? I'm sure there's some article up somewhere that talks about how they got home. Assuming they're not permanently in Moscow, that is
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I love that we have now dropped the farmers from "goat farmers" reducing it to "Goats"

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    If anyone finds any post-boot stories about how the Rockers got out of Russia, please post them. Like did they ever find their bags, did the driver really steal them or did he just turn them in at his station because he couldn't find the Rockers again, or how they finally got home.

On the Express Pass, I thought that got you thru all tasks on that leg and straight to the Pit Stop? Didn't it used to be that way? I didn't expect the Twinnies to still have to do the dancing thing once they turned in their pass, I thought that got them straight to the Pit Stop.

Glad the Chippies won a leg. I am so hoping for them to win now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I know Rombuh had to wait out their penalty at the task, when Rob refused to eat the meat, but usually penalties are sat out at the bath mat. I'm guessing they added it to this leg because it was NEL.
    Both cases are different though. If a team opts to quit a roadblock (like Romber in season 7), they get a 4 hour penalty and they must wait those four hours before moving on with the leg.
    If a team quits or otherwise opts not to complete a detour they used to get a 24 hour penalty. Not sure if they changed that though. However, in this case they didn't quit per sei, they were forced to not complete the task because the pool had to close, and the other task was not available because the library had already closed. So they got a 4 hour penalty added to their total leg time, but they were able to continue with the race.

Edit: Apparently they have changed it to 6 hours for voluntarily not completing either detour task. 24 hours was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    On the Express Pass, I thought that got you thru all tasks on that leg and straight to the Pit Stop? Didn't it used to be that way? I didn't expect the Twinnies to still have to do the dancing thing once they turned in their pass, I thought that got them straight to the Pit Stop.
    Nope, you're thinking of the fast forward. To win a fast forward, the team must complete a specific task and then they're allowed to go directly to the pit stop. The express pass only allows you to skip one task, however it can be used in any leg (up to and including leg 8). The fast forward, OTOH, only comes about twice in the race.

I wonder who the Chips will U-turn? Hmmm.....based on the drama shown in the promo I'm thinking either Trey & Lexi or the Twins.
    Last edited by Lilia A; 11-19-2012 at 08:55 AM.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    or it's misleading editing and they don't U-Turn anyone
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Most likely. Promo is almost always misleading.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast