Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    zOMG I can't believe TWINNIES half assed learning how to drive a stick shift but hearing them talk about their childhood tennis lessons and spanish classes was
    I got more insight into them from those little bits than I have from all the prior episodes combined. They seem to me to be classic B students. Financially privileged, good looking, smart enough to get a pass from the teachers because they're so "capable", and savvy enough to work the system.

Looks like it bit them in the azz, though, as spending a bit more time on tennis and Spanish might have helped them this leg.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Having wanted the twins off my tv for a while now, I was bummed it was a NEL.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I love the twinnies. They always make me laugh. I'd find them annoying in RL, but on TAR, I think they're hysterical. They and the Chippies are always a source of amusement because they don't take themselves too seriously. Trey and Lexie are excellent racers. They work well together and focus on the task at hand. They are also boring. The Goats suck at the physical tasks and ankle goat is a whiner. The other one, not so much. He just plugs along and does his best. I'd say there was no way they'd win, but if one of the other 3 teams screws up, they could limp into first place. I don't think that will happen, but you never know. Of the other 3, I think it could be any of them, but Trey and Lexie will be hard to beat if they keep their focus like they have recently.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    What I appreciate about Josh and Brent is that they have analytical skills and use them well.
    They also seem to enjoy the unique experiences and opportunities offered by TAR, more than most teams.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I will be crying in my soup if either the Chips or TWINNIES don't win. They have both made this season. Trey and Lexi are great racers, and I love a good underdog comeback, but the Chips and TWINNIES have been great racers (with some major moments), and they are incredibly positive racers. Yes, I called TWINNIES positive - they're snarky, but they are just as snarky to themselves as to anyone else and I think they've been hilariously upbeat even when they are stressed out about mistakes. Would they be hard to be around 24/7? Yes But they're probably a hell of a lot of fun and fiercely loyal to have as friends, if you can just keep some earplugs on hand.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Initially I was not thrilled with some of the remainng teams, but now I am really enjoying how nice they are within each team and to each other. It is very refreshing. As long as the goat farmers don't win, I will be ok with the outcome.
    Chippendales are just fun, nice guys
    Twins - can be annoying, but are very capable and entertaining
    Trey & Lexie - for a young dating couple that has not travelled much - they are adapting very well, very focused.
    I did like how happy they were to see each other during this leg. Just so different than other seasons. If I were the goat farmers - I can understand their relief when they finally caught up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The Goats suck at the physical tasks and ankle goat is a whiner. The other one, not so much. He just plugs along and does his best.
    That's rich.

So proud that Josh (and Brent) are still kicking! Josh was definitely the smart choice for tennis. Really. They'd still be there if Brent had to do it.

As a gay man, I, too, thought it was funny that the twinnies kept calling them "the gays." (FWIW, the twinnies, Chips and J&B are all good friends, and Josh is anything but a whiner in "real life.") The twinnies have actually grown on me over the past few weeks. I'm surprised Jaymes's sexuality hasn't come up yet. I'm guessing that the editors/producers thought that two gay men were enough for one show?

Next Sunday should be a fun finale!
    Last edited by DaveRocks; 12-03-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: emoticon

vCash
    re: Jaymes, I figure it's so obvious, why bother mentioning? love him
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    ^^^^^^^
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveRocks View Post
    That's rich.

So proud that Josh (and Brent) are still kicking! Josh was definitely the smart choice for tennis. Really. They'd still be there if Brent had to do it.
    I guess I'll take my idiot comment back then. If Brent's tennis is anything like his swimming, that's probably true. Proud of them for hanging in! Incidentally, I wonder which teams they had in mind when they talked about longshots winning once in a while.

vCash
    I will be crying in my soup if either the Chips or TWINNIES don't win. They have both made this season. Trey and Lexi are great racers, and I love a good underdog comeback, but the Chips and TWINNIES have been great racers (with some major moments), and they are incredibly positive racers. Yes, I called TWINNIES positive - they're snarky, but they are just as snarky to themselves as to anyone else and I think they've been hilariously upbeat even when they are stressed out about mistakes. Would they be hard to be around 24/7? Yes But they're probably a hell of a lot of fun and fiercely loyal to have as friends, if you can just keep some earplugs on hand.
    This. The TWINNIES are such great TV, annnnnnd they seriously don't whine and complain. It's all snark, and when it's a whine it's one and done. Nothing like Abby & Ryan (are those their names?) who were booted last week. Wahh! I get a kick out of people who don't know how to drive a stick attempting it on the show. The herky-jerky camera feed from inside their car whenever they showed them was And I am so amused with how they call each other "fool!" and "dummy!" and "idiot!", you know they love each other. Annnd, this bi-sexual guy laughed his ass off at their, "they're prepared -- they're gay!"

vCash
    I had absolutely no idea at all.

vCash
    I was searching for pictures of Jaymes to be sure which one was Jaymes and not James. I did a doubletake when I came across this picture. Figure skating and TAR collide!

http://ufoomnibus.com/2012/09/21/str...-mitzi-gaynor/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    And I am so amused with how they call each other "fool!" and "dummy!" and "idiot!", you know they love each other.
    Don't forget "You dumbass!" and then they giggle at each other

whee for the pic of Ryan Bradley and Jaymes (and other people)

vCash
    Nice photo

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I had absolutely no idea at all.
    Me neither.

And how many times do we have to see people not knowing how to drive a stick. Have they not seen the show? I can't drive a stick, but the minute I made it past the first round of interviews (and I'm guessing they go thru several rounds of interviews to pick the final contestants), my butt would be at driving school every.single.day learning to drive a stick. Hell I'd rent one and spend hours in an empty lot every night if I had to in order to learn how to drive a stick. While its usually funny when it happens, it just amazes me that after 20 seasons, it still does.

While I am still pulling for the Chippies for the win, I really don't hate anyone enough to want someone to NOT win. That rarely happens.

I can't believe only one more week though. Will it be back again in the Spring, or do we have to wait until next Fall for another season?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure there is a spring season. A new season started filming right before Thanksgiving. Spoilers have identified about 10 legs so far and photos of 11 teams are posted, with about the members of about 8 or 9 of those teams identified.

vCash
    The Twin who was driving did say she'd practiced stick a bit before the race and thought (obviously wrongly) she was fine. So at least they weren't totally ignorant they'd need to do it.

They're very lucky to have gone this long without driving though.

Btw, I wonder how many past contestants were that they never got a vacation day at the beach on the race.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    He spells James with a "y". Of course he's gay.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lara View Post
    The Twin who was driving did say she'd practiced stick a bit before the race and thought (obviously wrongly) she was fine. So at least they weren't totally ignorant they'd need to do it.
    I wondered why the other Twinnie didn't drive, because she seemed to at least talk like she knew what she was doing.

That does remind me of one other reason why I shouldn't apply for TAR Canada - I have never driven stick in my life. Although given that this race isn't leaving Canaca, probably less likely to be an issue.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast