Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Too bad the Chips didn't get the 10k, but credit to the Twinnies for getting their earlier flight and the subsequent fast forward.

I say make the U-turn blind, always. I didn't really think it was very fair that Texas could waste the U-turn on a team that clearly couldn't be U-turned. But Abby and Ryan would have targeted anyways, being eligible for $2 million when the others are not.

vCash
    I don't understand why being eligible to win 2 million makes them more of a target unless it added to the perceived notion of them being a strong team. I remember shaking my head when I heard the twins mentioning that as a reason to get rid of them.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Having a chance at $2 million might make you more motivated in the final legs. Plus overall, up until their airport difficulties, they were one of the strongest teams. However, it was funny to see Ryan struggling more than the Goat on the vaulting roadblock (at least based on what was aired).

It will be interesting to see if 2 of the 3 top teams conspire against the 3rd to keep the Goats for the final. If so, it will more likely be the twins and the UT couple.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Having a chance at $2 million might make you more motivated in the final legs. Plus overall, up until their airport difficulties, they were one of the strongest teams. However, it was funny to see Ryan struggling more than the Goat on the vaulting roadblock (at least based on what was aired).

It will be interesting to see if 2 of the 3 top teams conspire against the 3rd to keep the Goats for the final. If so, it will more likely be the twins and the UT couple.
    I could see the goats being left out. After all, they may get a bit huffy about the U-turn and be left out of the final 3 alliance. Chippies or Twinnies may make a dumb mistake, but that's unlikely.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I'm not feeling too bad for Abbie & Ryan especially since Ryan outright said that if they were u-turned they would u-turn the goaties.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    ^ Exactly!! Ryan sat there and whined with the "I thought we were friends I would never do that" crap when they know damn well if they got there first, and it was available, they would have U-turned someone as well. Even if they got their first, I would bet that $2 million dollars that the Chippies "cost them" (NOT!!) they would have U-turned the Twinnies ... or anyone! I so hate it when people whine about getting U-turned. Its called a GAME and the U-turn is part of the game! And as long as a team I hate gets U-turned, then I'm all for it! Although I do wish they were all blind U-turns, just to keep the other teams guessing who did it. Then I would so lie if I was the one who did it, you know?

And again as for the "I thought we were friends" line .... uhm, up until what, like 15 days prior, you didn't know these people from Adam. They are not your "friends". This is a game, you are contestants. And I'm not gonna give up the chance to win a million bucks just to be 'friends' with a stranger I never met before and never would know were it not for being on this show. I'm there for one purpose, not to make friends ... to win a freaking million dollars.

That being said ..... ggggooooo Chippies!!!!! I so want them to win!!!!!

vCash
    BaileyCatts, I agree with you except for the "They are not your "friends". This is a game, you are contestants." I think you can be friends, even long-term, rest-of-life friends, after meeting someone for a short amount a time. All friendships start somewhere, and I think games like this, where only the contestants really understand what it's like to be on the show, make it more likely that people will form bonds. Usually you find that people click really quickly, or they don't. Whether you're there to make friends or not, you may still make friends - even if it's not your purpose for being on the show. I'd love to be on the show for the experience, the potential friends, prizes and winning would be an absolute bonus, because I think the whole experience would just be amazing ()

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    You guys sure are more accepting of "screw your neighbor" moves than I am. If I were in the running for a million dollars (or two, in this case) and you did something to me to make it harder for me to get there, I would take it personally, regardless of the fact that it was allowed, especially if I was already way behind you and didn't have much chance of catching up. It would be one thing if I were, say, five minutes behind you and we were competing for first or last place, but it's another when you're in first place and I'm hours behind you trying to stay out of last place. I would take it less personally from someone I disliked, as that's nearly always reciprocal; it would hurt my feelings if someone I liked knowingly and deliberately made a move to cut me out of the game altogether.

You would all really just shrug and say, "Oh, well. It's all part of the game. Farewell, chance at two million dollars, but all's fair in love and war"?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    If I'd just lost a chance at a million dollars, I'd cry, curse, and plot revenge against those who did it. Especially, when it wasn't necessary. Every one who's said it's just part of the game, have also said they didn't like Abbie/Ryan. Would they feel the same if it had been the Chippies who'd been knocked out? I think not. Abby/Ryan had really, really bad luck two legs in a row. I can totally understand their frustration and anger.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Yes. I would. To me its a game that I got a one-in-a how many ever thousands of people applied to be on the show shot, and if me U-turning you improved my chances to win versus you, then too bad for you. And if you get there first and U-turn me for the same reason, well then too bad for me. I might have a split second "oh dammit they got me" moment, but I'm not going to stand there and whine and cry about how so not fair it is like everyone seems to do when they get U-turned (when, if they got there first, they would have done the same thing ... exactly like Abby and Ryan said they would U-turn the Goats; so much for their 'friendship' I guess). I'm going to run as fast as I can to that other task and get.it.done. I just can't stand it when someone who got U-turned whines about it. I know if I was on the show, I would never pass up the opportunity to use the U-turn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    .... Especially, when it wasn't necessary.....
    Shortened your quote to save space, but to me it WAS necessary. They are in Europe and have to get back to the USA for final leg, which they knew very well is just days away. There WILL be a major bunch up at an airport trying to get back to USA and likely everyone is on the same flight. It won't be the same as the eff-ups that happened with flight planning due to limited flights back to the USA versus multiple flights they can take between European countries. Doesn't matter that they were 10 hours behind, that window gets wiped once they have to get back to the USA. No, I didn't like Abby and Ryan so I'm happy they are out, but they were also strong racers who are only behind because of a missed flight. Had they not missed that flight, I have no doubt they would be right up at the front of the pack.

And if it was the Chippies in the exact same scenerio, I would be sad they are out since I like them, but hey ... that's the breaks, and that's the game. Ain't like it would be the first time a team I was rooting for got eliminated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    If I'd just lost a chance at a million dollars, I'd cry, curse, and plot revenge against those who did it. Especially, when it wasn't necessary. Every one who's said it's just part of the game, have also said they didn't like Abbie/Ryan. Would they feel the same if it had been the Chippies who'd been knocked out? I think not. Abby/Ryan had really, really bad luck two legs in a row. I can totally understand their frustration and anger.
    Even when a team I've liked has been U-turned, I've accepted it. It's a strategy to use to win the game. If I was on the show and it happened to me, yeah, I'd be pissed off, but I wouldn't blame the people ahead of me for doing it. I'd be pissed because I didn't get there in time to U-turn them first.

Did everyone know how far behind Abby/Ryan were? They would have no idea they were stuck in Frankfurt.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

You would all really just shrug and say, "Oh, well. It's all part of the game. Farewell, chance at two million dollars, but all's fair in love and war"?
    At that moment, I'd be really upset, but I would hope that I'd be philosophical about it with the passage of time. Then again I'd try not to antagonise other teams on the race unnecessarily and not state on camera that I would U-turn "friends" if I got U-turned myself.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    At that moment, I'd be really upset, but I would hope that I'd be philosophical about it with the passage of time.
    Aren't we all talking about their reaction at that moment? Because from the one post-boot interview I've seen, they ARE philosophical about it now.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Aren't we all talking about their reaction at that moment? Because from the one post-boot interview I've seen, they ARE philosophical about it now.
    I haven't seen the post-race interview, but good to hear that they're all right with it now.

vCash
    Some people really do have trouble u-turning people, but it's a part of the game. It's a race. Yes, you make friends, but that's not the point of the game. If you are nice people, it will show during the down times, waiting at the airport, maybe even on tasks if it is smart to be like that, but when the leg starts, it is "game on" a nd you have to do what is available for you to win. Many teams have had to do both tasks in a U-turn and been able to overcome it, but for these guys the flight issues were the real problem.

Sexy Superhero
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    Many teams have had to do both tasks in a U-turn and been able to overcome it, but for these guys the flight issues were the real problem.
    Well, the uberfans were able to do it earlier in this race, and Abbie/Ryan were much better racers than the uberfans.

I'll admit to being disappointed when the Globetrotters u-turned the cowboys, but I understood their position and didn't rant and rave about it.

vCash
    Sounds like from this interview that Jaymes' father has taken a turn for the worst:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...s-vegas-strip/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    Sounds like from this interview that Jaymes' father has taken a turn for the worst:

So sad.

The Chips seem like great guys... I hope they win!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post

Cancer can be terribly unforgiving.
    I hope that Jaymes' father improves.

I like the Chips, as well.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast