Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 486
  1. #281

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Not after the same people as Theatregirl
    Posts
    21,926
    vCash
    350
    Rep Power
    37378
    I missed it. What is Abby sobbing about?

    And Ryan? U-turns are part of the game. Deal with it.

  2. #282
    Satisfied skating fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Looking for a pairs team to split up
    Posts
    40,216
    vCash
    600
    Rep Power
    42549
    I feel sorry for Abbie and Ryan. He's a jerk, but jeeze they have bad luck.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

  3. #283
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,964
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38362
    Abbie kept a good attitude through all the bad luck, but I'm not sorry to see Ryan go

    Bwhahaha, the TAR editors to come on with the perky organ music after Ryan's lament.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  4. #284

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    La Belle Province
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,377
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3763
    Woot, Nadal inspired task in Majorca next week.

  5. #285
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Teams can whine about it however much they want (although I won't listen), but the U-turn is a tool available in the Race and everybody knows it. Maybe had they not booked a tight connection with multiple airlines (or, you know, checked in for their connecting flight) and made it to Amsterdam when they were supposed to, they'd have gotten to the U-turn first. Or perhaps they could have hustled through their tasks instead of leisurely completing them with the goats, they could have beaten them out. I find it hard to follow their claim that the chips cost them $2 million.

  6. #286

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    I hate when teams whine about the U-turn. It's not personal (well mostly and not on the Chips part), but I don't think you should be able to U-turn the team that first used the U-turn.

  7. #287

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,798
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4937
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Teams can whine about it however much they want (although I won't listen), but the U-turn is a tool available in the Race and everybody knows it. Maybe had they not booked a tight connection with multiple airlines (or, you know, checked in for their connecting flight) and made it to Amsterdam when they were supposed to, they'd have gotten to the U-turn first. Or perhaps they could have hustled through their tasks instead of leisurely completing them with the goats, they could have beaten them out. I find it hard to follow their claim that the chips cost them $2 million.
    Yeah why are they whining about being u-turned when if they had done their flights better the past few legs they could have been at the u-turn first, not the Chippies. Their poor decision two episodes ago cost them the money, not the chippies being mean.

  8. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    As much as I'd like for future seasons the producers to consider having the teams "checking in" at the U-turn mat, and then their pictures become unavailable and therefore 'ineligible' for being U-turned to prevent what happened tonight from happening again, I really don't think they'd do that because it'd be a dead give-away as to where teams are placement-wise in the leg. Seeing as they try to keep the teams guessing by stuffing the clueboxes with random amounts of clue envelopes, I don't see this happening, unfortunately.

  9. #289

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    As much as I'd like for future seasons the producers to consider having the teams "checking in" at the U-turn mat, and then their pictures become unavailable and therefore 'ineligible' for being U-turned to prevent what happened tonight from happening again, I really don't think they'd do that because it'd be a dead give-away as to where teams are placement-wise in the leg. Seeing as they try to keep the teams guessing by stuffing the clueboxes with random amounts of clue envelopes, I don't see this happening, unfortunately.
    They could see that the Chips had already U-turned them and then were U-turned. If this was a blind u turn I could see your point.

  10. #290
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Maybe had they not booked a tight connection with multiple airlines (or, you know, checked in for their connecting flight) and made it to Amsterdam when they were supposed to, they'd have gotten to the U-turn first.
    Maybe I didn't get what happened there, but I thought it was making a second connection that pretty much saved them? They got closed out of the first connection because it was too tight, made it to their second and would have been fine if the second plane hadn't broken down. But making the second connection was smart--I thought.

    What did I miss?

    I can see why they took the U-turn personally, too--that would feel like a betrayal if it came from a friend, game or no game. As they said, they wouldn't have thought twice about it if it had been one of the other two because they expected it. It may be part of the game, but I think I would have taken it as a kick when I was down, too, especially after such a string a bad luck.

    I do not, however, understand the idea of sticking with the last place team. If they hadn't waited on the goats last week, they would have had more of a cushion.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  11. #291
    Tranquillo
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    behind the gruppetto
    Posts
    24,964
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38362
    I'm actually not a fan of the U turn because one thing I like about TAR is that the winners are mainly determined by their ability to complete the tasks, stay cool and some luck. I'm not a fan of Survivor and the constant alliances and betrayals. TAR usually comes up with enough drama just from the race and the relationships within a team without manufacturing it.

    I can understand Abbie and Ryan whining a bit - you're tired already and then you have to go dance around in the rain. I'm sure I'd whine too, but I'm still glad to see Ryan gone.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

  12. #292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Maybe I didn't get what happened there, but I thought it was making a second connection that pretty much saved them? They got closed out of the first connection because it was too tight, made it to their second and would have been fine if the second plane hadn't broken down. But making the second connection was smart--I thought.

    What did I miss?
    The first connection they tried to make I am almost sure of was on a different airline than what they flew from Moscow to Frankfurt, since they were not checked in for their connecting flight. Not being checked-in killed their chances of making the flight, that's the point I was trying to (confusingly) get at. I agree that the second connection they booked just in case saved their butts, definitely.

  13. #293
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Maybe I didn't get what happened there, but I thought it was making a second connection that pretty much saved them? They got closed out of the first connection because it was too tight, made it to their second and would have been fine if the second plane hadn't broken down. But making the second connection was smart--I thought.

    What did I miss?

    I can see why they took the U-turn personally, too--that would feel like a betrayal if it came from a friend, game or no game. As they said, they wouldn't have thought twice about it if it had been one of the other two because they expected it. It may be part of the game, but I think I would have taken it as a kick when I was down, too, especially after such a string a bad luck.

    I do not, however, understand the idea of sticking with the last place team. If they hadn't waited on the goats last week, they would have had more of a cushion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    The first connection they tried to make I am almost sure of was on a different airline than what they flew from Moscow to Frankfurt, since they were not checked in for their connecting flight. Not being checked-in killed their chances of making the flight, that's the point I was trying to (confusingly) get at. I agree that the second connection they booked just in case saved their butts, definitely.
    I had the impression that not only did they not check in, they hadn't actually purchased the connecting flight ticket. I thought the gate agent said something about them not having an actual ticket because it sounded like they might have let them on the plane if they had a ticket.

  14. #294
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    I had the impression that not only did they not check in, they hadn't actually purchased the connecting flight ticket. I thought the gate agent said something about them not having an actual ticket because it sounded like they might have let them on the plane if they had a ticket.
    They bought the tickets online, so I'm guessing they didn't have a ticket in hand, probably because they ran straight to the gate instead of checking in first.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  15. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    As much as I'd like for future seasons the producers to consider having the teams "checking in" at the U-turn mat, and then their pictures become unavailable and therefore 'ineligible' for being U-turned to prevent what happened tonight from happening again, I really don't think they'd do that because it'd be a dead give-away as to where teams are placement-wise in the leg. Seeing as they try to keep the teams guessing by stuffing the clueboxes with random amounts of clue envelopes, I don't see this happening, unfortunately.
    I would hate to see this. Nothing is more funny that a team gloating about u-turning someone, when they are already ahead of them.


    Blind u-turns could prevent what happened today, but really I thought it was brilliant.

    And if we are changing u-turn rules, the u-turned team should not be allowed to use the u-turn themselves until they complete the second task.

  16. #296
    4 More Years
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    ubering Terry Gannon
    Age
    7
    Posts
    4,543
    vCash
    19008
    Rep Power
    3430
    I don't get why Trey and Lexi u-turned the Chippendales. They had to know the Chippies were ahead of them and the u-turn was totally pointless.

  17. #297
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Watching some crackling good television
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,515
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    I don't get why Trey and Lexi u-turned the Chippendales. They had to know the Chippies were ahead of them and the u-turn was totally pointless.
    They used it so that it would burn then second available U-turn option, and Abbie & Ryan would not be able to U-turn another team, thus them being the only ones that would have to complete both detour tasks.

  18. #298

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    13,511
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42165
    I loved that Josh and Brent have the background to know what a "Tableau Vivant" was; and do it well - while appreciating and enjoying the experience.

  19. #299
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemomaz View Post
    I don't get why Trey and Lexi u-turned the Chippendales. They had to know the Chippies were ahead of them and the u-turn was totally pointless.
    In addition to what Fridge_Break already said- it was preplanned, there was a scene shown with the Chips, T/L, and the twins agreeing to this plan: the first to the u-turn would use it on Abby/Ryan. Then the next team would burn it by using it on the team that already used it (so they know for certain they are ahead of them). So if Trey and Lexie got there first, the Chips would have u-turned them to burn the double u-turn.

  20. #300

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,928
    vCash
    13051
    Rep Power
    45561
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Bwhahaha, the TAR editors to come on with the perky organ music after Ryan's lament.
    this is why they keep winning Emmys

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •