Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I don't really dislike any of the teams left, but I love the Chips best of all and then the Twinnies. Both teams make me laugh every week. My ideal final 3 would be the Chips, Twins and Goats. The Goats do very well at the mental tasks and are miserable at the physical ones. The twinnies are just hysterical. The Chips are , funny, and seem to be nice guys. This probably means Trey/Lexie and Abby/Ryan will be the final two.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine M View Post
    I love, love, love Jaymes and James. So glad they got first over bland Lexi & partner.
    They were totally awesome - I loved how they had fun with their cab drivers and were just so cool and relaxed during any hiccup, when you know that any other team would be freaked out. And totally PML at their reaction at the Roadblock that there were no other teams there because they were first. Hope they have enough killer instinct, though - right after there's a voiceover about how much they want to win this leg, they're trying to get a cab for Trey and Lexi. At least they didn't wait around too much when it was clear Trey & Lexi were gone.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Time Zone task - great teacher!
    he was great! Definitely going into the all-time legendary TAR clue-givers.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    The Goats do very well at the mental tasks and are miserable at the physical ones.
    I hadn't really noticed this before, but it was really highlighted in this episode. They figured out the trick on the locks, kicked butt on the time zone task and I was quite impressed with how well they did at recognizing the famous Russians too. It's amazing how much that one flight was a bad decision...if they had taken the flight that landed at 5 am, they would have still arrived in plenty of time for the 9:30 am bunching on the last leg, then they could have done the library task instead of the pool and probably done very well there. Hate to say "what if" but if they'd picked the other flight, they could have had a very good shot at winning the last two legs.

vCash
    Remember, Goat Farmer #2 was/is an emergency medicine MD; and accustomed to analytic challenges.
    I'm not sure of his partner's academic background; but, I'm sure he is no less brilliant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I hadn't really noticed this before, but it was really highlighted in this episode. They figured out the trick on the locks, kicked butt on the time zone task and I was quite impressed with how well they did at recognizing the famous Russians too. It's amazing how much that one flight was a bad decision...if they had taken the flight that landed at 5 am, they would have still arrived in plenty of time for the 9:30 am bunching on the last leg, then they could have done the library task instead of the pool and probably done very well there. Hate to say "what if" but if they'd picked the other flight, they could have had a very good shot at winning the last two legs.
    Darn coin flip!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    This season's racers are a very unusual bunch; I've never seen so much helping and teaming up.

It's nicer to see than endless drama, but it's just so weird.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Remember, Goat Farmer #2 was/is an emergency medicine MD; and accustomed to analytic challenges.
    I'm not sure of his partner's academic background; but, I'm sure he is no less brilliant.
    Yes, Josh and Brent are both extremely bright. Josh is a fine writer, too. His memoir of his days as a drag queen is absolutely hilarious!

vCash
    Do you have a link?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Do you have a link?
    Here's the Amazon link.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Has anyone ever watched the Goats' reality show? The Fabulous Beekman Boys

Josh wrote another book, too: The Bucolic Plague: How Two Manhattanites Became Gentlemen Farmers: An Unconventional Memoir
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    This season's racers are a very unusual bunch; I've never seen so much helping and teaming up.

It's nicer to see than endless drama, but it's just so weird.
    Unfinished Business takes the baklava on this one. The very first episode every team was helped/gave help with sharing answers except the cowboys. And then in Liechtenstein, 4-5 of the teams completed the roadblock together by simply giving the answer to everyone else, leaving the cowboys in the dust once again. It was like that almost the entire season, blah.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    If anyone finds any post-boot stories about how the Rockers got out of Russia, please post them. Like did they ever find their bags, did the driver really steal them or did he just turn them in at his station because he couldn't find the Rockers again, or how they finally got home.
    As for getting out of Russia, we were able to get a passport in a few days but It took 5 or 6 more days to get a visa. A miracle, considering that it should have taken us a month through regular channels.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_rac...views/1000096/

vCash
    I'm glad that they had such positive things to say about the AR experience.

vCash
    Interesting that they always say how it was bad luck and not their own stupidity! I wanted them to be asked about the theft.

vCash
    Oh how I wish there'd be a team that actually booked tickets to France instead.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The Chips totally had the chance to lose Trey/Lexie and send them to Paris. Too nice.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I'm at the twins plotting against Abbie/Ryan....

vCash
    Oh my god, every single team with a different travel itinerary! They're going to have teams in 5 different countries at any given time! Love it, we haven't seen this kind of airport scattering in several seasons!

vCash
    Why would you tell them they are going to the wrong country???

Sigh.

I had to google "Larnaca."

vCash
    Looks like Abbie & Ryan were burned from booking an itinerary with two different airlines... and didn't check in for their connecting flight beforehand. Words of advice for any future racers -- stick to the same airline if it's possible and time effective!

vCash
    Um, so never booking through Frankfurt.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast