Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd have done the ice. The fish would have been the end of me.

Too bad monster trucker got off the plane. I really wanted him to be last.

Amy's a rock star.

vCash
    The twins are frickin' hilarious!

And most of the guy-eye-candy survives.

But I was sort of hoping for either the monster truckers or the substitute teachers to get eliminated.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I would have felt bad for the substitute teachers since the one would have blamed his inability to make balloon animals for the elimination.

Sorry to see Amy go, she is amazing
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

a monkey stole my title
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    I would have felt bad for the substitute teachers since the one would have blamed his inability to make balloon animals for the elimination.
    I would have too. But otoh I always hate seeing a team leave because they had lousy cab luck, especially when it is a capable and likable team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post

Sorry to see Amy go, she is amazing
    A friend of mine has a similar medical history and I know it takes her extra effort to do simple tasks so to see someone compete on TAR after that kind of illness and amputations is incredible.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I definitely would have done the ice challenge. The smelly fish alone woulda made that decision for me. The ice may have been heavy but at least it cooled you down in that heat, but without the fish smell.

Still not at the point where I hate anyone enough to want them out, but those Monster Truckers can go any time now. They are just a few notchs below my hate 'em level.

When the ice fell and broke on the first team, I thought they would have to go and start all over again. Good thing that didn't matter as it happened to many teams it seems.

Seems like there will be many meltdowns next week. Should be interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    A friend of mine has a similar medical history and I know it takes her extra effort to do simple tasks so to see someone compete on TAR after that kind of illness and amputations is incredible.
    Amen to this!
    She was a true competitor, in the best sense of the word,

vCash
    I would have done the ice too. I would not be able to stand the fish smell,...but those twins have no issue with "getting it done!!!" Laughed at Phil telling them they stunk!!

Hate it when the cab drivers are the main reason for teams being eliminated, especially teams that are well liked, but that's part of the race too.

I could not have done the balloon challenge. I was at a fair recently and was just awed at the balloons being made for my nephew. Boggled my mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    I was thinking the Chippendales would be kicked out. Thank goodness it was the awful Stepford wife/husband team!

Loving Team Gay Goat Farmers! I can see Team Mutt & Jeff and Team Sri Lanka getting on my nerves though.
    Agreed with everything you wrote, Team Lanka is just annoying especially during the Ping Pong game, though they did win few points with their dance.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    The twins need to get off my screen soon! Their voices when they screech are

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I agree that the Twins' voices can be grating, but I love that at least so far they've been smiley and happy even when doing disgusting things like dunking their hair in the fish barrel.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    True. Maybe I could just mute them.

vCash
    I mean, would you rather have screechy cheerfulness or whiny "BAAAAAABEEE....I CAAAANT...." Think about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spareoom View Post
    I mean, would you rather have screechy cheerfulness or whiny "BAAAAAABEEE....I CAAAANT...." Think about it.
    They were a lot better this week...and on reflection, it was only one twin that was really annoying last week, Nadiya, when berating her sister during the ping pong challenge. I noticed that Natalie was much more supportive when Nadiya was doing the eating challenge.

INTJ
    vCash
    I don't actually find the twins that annoying. They definitely get shrill but it's not really whiny. That's much more annoying to me.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Prick Admin
    vCash
    If Southpaw was from Sri Lanka, she'd be one of the twins. Or maybe both of them.

Have to say I warmed to them a bit this episode.

Think I want Monster Truckers to go next even though the whole "I married my dead best friend's wife" thing was touching, but also a bit icky at the same time.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Well I have loved the twins from the first minute they were on the TV (erm, computer screen... I've missed both of the episodes in real-time so far ), I seriously had to pause the video because I was laughing so hard at the "The clue asked 'who likes to party?' and if this were real life, I'd say me, but this is the Amazing Race and since the task probably wasn't going to be to down 30 bottles of tequila..."

I guess they are my favorite team right now just because I'm massively amused by them (I can see how others find them highly annoying), but I really don't think I have a favorite at the moment. All I know is that this season has been great so far, and has gotten me super amped up about the series again. The last couple seasons have been a bit , I'm thinking that won't be the case this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    If Southpaw was from Sri Lanka, she'd be one of the twins. Or maybe both of them.
    PML
    Boi Bumba!!!

vCash
    Just watched the first two episodes...

I feel ill after watching the eating section of the road block. I don't care what you call the "dessert" but the slurping was

Annoyed with the twins at the ping pong part, but warmed to them somewhat. If only they could stop yelling I might like them.

at Amy/?? being eliminated b/c of the cab driver.

Tomorrow night's episode looks pretty good!!

I still don't know very many of the teams, even by nickname. I know:
    annoying monster trucker who married dead best friend's wife,
    mutt/jeff
    twins
    chips
    a thousand dating couples
    rocker/lawyer
    random blonde girls (are they related?)

vCash
    at having to carry 20 plates of food.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast