Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Happy show is back!
    Wow - gross eating challenge day 1! And great group of locals laughing and cheering - they were a fun group.
    I don't like the Twins either, so annoying, but they seem more capable of the Chippendales - what a bunch of dummies. Yes, no shirts please!
    Was that the Partridge Family bus in the beginning. hee hee
    Luv when dummies can't find what is front of them. If I was a camera person, I would be laughing so hard.
    Yes - read the clue, every word. I guess they were jetlagged? or Idiots?

vCash
    Some of the teams didn't know what an abacus was - much less how to pronounce the word.
    Disliking the nasty "superfans" because they are so "in your face" about it.

vCash
    This is the first episode of TAR that I've missed the original broadcast of in years... thanks, work. I just watched the episode online... SO glad to have my Race back! Last season (mostly because of the presence of Brenchel) was really blah and not exciting, so I am really glad there's a whole new group of people. Exciting and fun episode, I have to say!

How much do I love that they had them rappel down a freaking bridge before they even got their first clue?! Nice way to get the adrenaline flowing... based on previews I've seen leading up to this season, we're in for some big tasks. I remember bungee jumping and a couple other crazy ones being advertised.

Far too hard to get a read on the teams this early. I couldn't even tell you the names of the team that won the leg, other than they were one of the generic dating couples, blah.

The twins cracked me up in their intro.. "she broke up with my high school boyfriend for me and he had no idea it was her." They seem like they'll be a strong team if they don't get flustered too much, but I think they're definitely one of the more competitive among the group.

at how many wandered straight past the woman with the abacus (and additional for how many people that didn't know what an abacus was or how to pronounce it), the cameramen on this show are incredible to get the shots that they do without being a dead give-away to the teams.

Soooooooo glad to have TAR back!

vCash
    I think I'll probably wind up hating monster-truck guy, and the team that I hated from the beginning is gone already. ("He's the man; I quit my job to move out here and be with him and he makes all the decisions because I'm totally lame." I may have paraphrased a bit there at the end...)

vCash
    I'm not too certain who I'll root for. Glad that Rob & Sheila are gone. I think I like Trey & Lexi; goat farmers & the girl (Amy?) who lost her legs & her partner.

vCash
    The team that I hated from the beginning is gone already. ("He's the man; I quit my job to move out here and be with him and he makes all the decisions.
    I wonder how successful she really was in the business she left?

He (and she) made some very poor decisions.
    I hope that she realizes that, now.

INTJ
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I think I'll probably wind up hating monster-truck guy, and the team that I hated from the beginning is gone already. ("He's the man; I quit my job to move out here and be with him and he makes all the decisions because I'm totally lame." I may have paraphrased a bit there at the end...)

I'm really glad that she's gone. Women who check their brains in a relationship make me

I could not believe how many people had no idea what an abacus was and how to pronounce it.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by made_in_canada View Post
    I could not believe how many people had no idea what an abacus was and how to pronounce it.
    That was pretty embarrassing.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I need an albatross. Hey, maybe a bank will have one.

Chip and Dale need to leave my screen. Now. And they can take old yeehaw with them.

Glad the makeup executive and her hammer went home. Now she can continue to be an idiot being told what to do.

Have the feeling that I won't like the Indian girls or the monster truckers. Missed part of the intro, will have to watch on demand to figure out who's who.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post

"You didn't choose me; I chose you."

So glad we won't be seeing a whole season of that.

vCash
    My daughter watched with me and was shocked to see someone she knows. The short guy of the short guy/tall guy pair was a substitute teacher at her school just last week. Now we have reason to cheer for a team. I hope they stay on a long time just because it's fun to know someone.

Side note. I can't stand the twin girls. I liked them from the promo but then with ever screach and whine they lost me. So glad the engaged couple are gone. I cringed hearing their last comment.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I was thinking the Chippendales would be kicked out. Thank goodness it was the awful Stepford wife/husband team!

Loving Team Gay Goat Farmers! I can see Team Mutt & Jeff and Team Sri Lanka getting on my nerves though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    These teams got immersed in TAR right away. First they have to rappel the bridge, then eat Frog fallopian tubes in a rather, um, unpalatable food challenge? usually they have to do that a little further on in the race. I could NOT have done that part unless I hadn't been told what I was eating.

None of these teams strike me as being that with it so far. Glad to see the first team leave, he needed to be taken down a peg or twelve.

vCash
    I really dislike the twins so far, and Mutt and Jeff are kind of meh. I think I'm having flashbacks to the short stunt men, so maybe I shouldn't take that dislike out on Jeff. Or Mutt. Whatever. I don't see the monster truckers staying in it for too long, either. They seemed a bit clueless.

I love the Goats and of course the Chips. I was THRILLED to see the Chips getting into their "costumes" in the preview of the upcoming season. Please God, please, please, please... I never ask for anything... PLEASE let them stay on my screen for the majority of this season!!!!

vCash
    I was traveling last week, so finally got a chance to watch. So far, all I can figure out is that I like Tall Guy/Short Guy and am annoyed by the twins. Can't tell apart the various dating couples yet or the various blonde women.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8fun View Post
    My daughter watched with me and was shocked to see someone she knows. The short guy of the short guy/tall guy pair was a substitute teacher at her school just last week.
    That is really cool - did she like him? I take it yes, since you said you wanted to cheer for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

That is really cool - did she like him? I take it yes, since you said you wanted to cheer for him.
    Yes. She said he's a really nice guy. When he said something sarcastic on the show my daughter said that's exactly how he is, funny. They weren't featured much in the previews coming up which might be a bad sign. Hopefully they're not out too soon.
    When you change the way you look at things, everything you look at changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8fun View Post
    My daughter watched with me and was shocked to see someone she knows. The short guy of the short guy/tall guy pair was a substitute teacher at her school just last week. Now we have reason to cheer for a team. I hope they stay on a long time just because it's fun to know someone.
    Very cool!

Everyone also cheer for Josh and Brent. We're likely to see lots of bickering, but they really are great guys!

vCash
    Delayed on the east coast - just started at 8:32. Pa and Ma trucker are somewhere in the air WAY behind the others and he's boasting about being first. The only people they're in front of are the eliminated Lumberjack and Doormat.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    At least they're running their own race. As he said 20 times. I'm not certain what's the point of racing the cattle

My balloon animal would have to be a snake since I wouldn't be able to make anything else.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I wonder how close the eliminated team was. Thank goodness for CTV, football delays.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast