vCash

The Ryder Cup 2012

Europe have just come back from 10-6 down to retain the Ryder Cup

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that was really exciting, esp poulter's overall performance. when his birdies fall, he looks like he is going to cut a bitch.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    That was big, really big, by the Europeans.

Failing her snatch
    vCash
    It seemed all very exciting according to facebook comments! Rude Euros
    Dont Hate! Gyrate!

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I so seriously need to give up being a golf fan.

It's just not worth it, being this big a fan of anything.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    That was awesome! What an incredible comeback by Europe!!!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think golf is one of the most boring sports to watch so naturally I wasn't awake to watch it, but at the result.

Were the U.S. fans still chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A" at the end?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    That was quite exciting!

Good - Euros gracious win, Kaymer's redemption, Phil's sportsmanship.
    Not so good - Tiger's attitude and record, USA on 17 and 18 (holes they OWNED on Friday and Saturday), USA fans still trying to drown out the Euros at the awards ceremony
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Were the U.S. fans still chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A" at the end?
    it's better than what they were chanting on saturday which sounded like "**** seve"
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I didn't get to see any of it -- they weren't broadcasting on the beach in Punta Cana.

Huge comeback by Euro and so great for Olazabal, one of my all time faves.

Tiger should just come up with an injury and decline. This is ridiculous.

But when I went to the Ryder Cup in 2008, the Euros clapped and cheered their Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole song quite frequently when USA missed a putt - they just characterized it as cheering because the Euro pair "won a hole." Then they would complain bitterly if the US fans cheered under the same circumstances. And one of the European commentators went around the crowd asking US fans to name a European soccer team and thought it was so funny to ridicule people who didn't know any. And then got pissed when a US commentator asked him to name an American Nascar driver and he couldn't. So both sets of fans are equally Rude US and Rude Euro!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I think invoking the name of a dead golfer gives the U.S. fans last weekend the edge.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Now that this unkultured 'merikun has recovered from the devestating loss, I can collect my thoughts. SHARPIE even gloated on my FB status.

Poulter is a beast. His passion and pure clutch is so hot. He's going to be a Ryder Cup legend. His interaction with the crowd was great...yelling back, and teeing off when everyone was still cheering on the first tee.

Tiger actually played quite well. All over the internet, everyone is ragging on him for his 0-3-1 record but in actuality he was quite solid. The reason why he was winless was due to going up against a red-hot Colsarets and the fact he was paired with Stricker, who was absolutely terrible all week. I believe Tiger actually had the most birdies of any golfer Friday and Saturday.

Stricker and Furyk were quite terrible. Bad captains picks. I can't stand DL3 anyways and these picks were clearly not the ones to make.

The fans. Ehhh, I don't think the disgusting Seve taunts were very widespread. As for the USA chants, the Ole chant is just as prevalent overseas. I'm happy to see the intense nationalistic feeling back in the Ryder Cup. It felt like the 90s all over again, when for me, the Ryder Cup was at the most passionate and fun to watch. This seemed to change a but after 9/11. I can't wait to attend in four years when the matches take place in my backyard, at Hazeltine.

Even though I was rooting for a USA win, the Euro comeback was really compelling to watch and I'm happy Olazabal was able to win this, especially for Seve.

vCash
    I agree Tiger played well in all the matches I saw, the three 4 balls and the singles. He would have made that easy putt to win his singles 1 up had the Cup been on the line. He played well in the 4 ball, Stricker did not, and they were up against tough opposition, so they lost. I agree Stricker and Furyk were terrible picks, especialy Stricker. I would have picked Mahan as one of my choices instead.