Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Will and Diane are every bit a part of this show as Alicia, Kalinda and (now) Eli! Cannot imagine the show without them.

I just had to get caught up online, and unfortunately the cbs site often has video problems. I only had sound for about 2/3 of the Oly doping ep. The most recent one was fine until the last couple of minutes. What did Canning give Alicia? Sounds like a job offer (again), but did we see what?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I so wish Alicia goes with Canning who then buys L&G ! It would just be fantastic
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Will and Diane are every bit a part of this show as Alicia, Kalinda and (now) Eli! Cannot imagine the show without them.

I just had to get caught up online, and unfortunately the cbs site often has video problems. I only had sound for about 2/3 of the Oly doping ep. The most recent one was fine until the last couple of minutes. What did Canning give Alicia? Sounds like a job offer (again), but did we see what?
    It was his business card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    It was his business card.
    and all that one could associate by the giving of it. I think he saw the look on Alicia's face when she answered about not know that there were 5 who were offered partnership and then her answer basically why she should be deserving of the offer -- with thousands of billable hours, etc etc etc and they she walks out of the courtroom without acknowledging either Diane or Will. Perhaps he's guessing that there is a bit of a crack in Alicia's relationship with L&G so thought to perhaps try enticing her again. Methinks she just might give it a bit more thought with what went down not only in the court scene but also in the "celebration" and Diane's chat with her. she's told to basically stop sulking, suck it up and act like an adult.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    HAsn't Canning offered her a job before? He knows her value - especially because hiring her would mean he wouldn't have to face her in court
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I do have to admit that I did think Alicia was pouting and didn't like it. Even if it was financially motivated Will and Diane et al are not going to invite anyone in who they think will weaken the law firm. It's a big firm and Alicia was one of a handful asked in---I would have run through that door.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Just caught up last night. I agree Alicia was pouting -- I think she did deserve a bit of a sulk, but she's had that now and she should take the partnership and move on. Going with Canning would be a very bad idea: Alicia is at her best when she believes in the cause she'd defending, and she can't do that in a law firm whose primary clients are big pharma and corporate polluters. I'm ok with the occasional Canning storyline, but please not a continuning story arc. I just can't stand that much of his character -- I have a low tolerance for people who use charm and exploit their disability to get their way.

Diane's look a the very end was I think partly wtf and partly "oh, I wish we'd been more forthcoming with Alicia." Like her and Will's guilty looks in court. I do think they had some sincere regrets there, and it wasn't just a matter of getting "caught."

I am glad things ended on a good note with Hayden. Now there's a character I'd like to see come back!

The religion-in-politics storyling seemed a bit crammed in there. But perhaps there will be more in the future.

But now we have to wait til Feb 17 for the next episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    At the very end of tonight's episode how did you intrepet Diane's stare? Or was it meaningless?
    After Diane told Alicia the real reason why she received her own partnership offer from Stern, I took Diane's look to be a flashback 'that was me XX years ago, putting on my big girl pants and dealing with it'.

I don't think I'd buy into a firm that deeply in trouble. But, then again, 4th years don't get equity partner offers.

I loved Carey and Hayden's scene at the elevator.

And I love the wicked Alicia coming out to play this year. "I'm an atheist" had me and her pre snark at Maddie was hysterical. That run back to the store with the bags after she heard how much the 'partnership offer' would cost her - just great to see JM's comedic timing.

vCash
    I still want Alicia to join Canning, so that he can become part of L&G. Please please please !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Michael J Fox has his own series starting soon so even if Canning were to take over the firm, it'd be a fairly temporary measure.

I like Canning in small doses. I don't want to see him every week. He really, really grates on my nerves when he's on screen too much. I'd love him to still guest star though!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    I hate Canning...
    Michael J. Fox is doing a great job, one cannot but to have an opinion about his character.

I think Alicia is a little dumb. Was she thinking partnership was for free?
    Diane remains my favorite character. I would love to see more of Will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I think Alicia is a little dumb. Was she thinking partnership was for free?
    It does seem unrealistic that she wouldn't know there was some investment required, but $600K does seem steep. But I have no idea what a typical partner level investment would be.

The thing about Canning is that most of the guest characters have some sort of extreme quirk about them and are best in small doses. no way would Canning be a good regular character

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Here is a scene for tonight's episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeEjrCBwBa0

Oooh...it looks good! Kyle MacLachlan is guest starring as is Colm Feore.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Well what I saw of the show was great but due to some stupid timing issues between watching a show on an American channel that then get overtaken by a Canadian showing the same thing -- I MISSED THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I turn on CBS at 9 to watch The Good Wife cause I watched other things when it was on earlier on time shift. It's about to start when I get the ending of TAR again -- I saw it all on another channel that is Canadian. Soooooooooooooo, it finally stars and I'm a happy camper. Gets to be 10 pm and Alicia has just told Carey she's been offered the single partnership and that she's going to accept it when BANG! my Canadian channel for another show takes over and I don't get to see the ending. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for me.

Now I am off and hoping that global television has it somewhere cause every time I try to watch it online via CBS, it's geo blocked. If anyone knows of another means by which I can see those final minutes, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I know the practice is in financial dire straits but somehow I would love to see Elsbeth and Amanda Peet's character (cannot remember her name) join the firm. ( professordeb--you wanted to see the ending and not a spoiler? I put the ending in and then took it out. My apologies if you saw it.

vCash
    Cachoo -- it was nothing to do with what you posted. I was watching the actual episode last night on TV and that's when the stupid channels switched on me. I have now seen the ending and quite frankly, I was not really impessed with how the episode ended. It felt like a let down after the rest of the program. JMO, of course, but sheesh, after having to re-watch the last "10" minutes on the internet along with about 5 minutes of commercials I was looking for something a little -- stronger? as an ending. Oh well, at least now I've seen it. Didn't get the previews, though. Guess I will have to wait til next week
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I love Elsbeth, but I don't want to see her join the firm. I want her to continue as a guest, because I think she'd annoy me on a daily basis.

I would have loved for Cary and Alicia to set up their own firm though...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    it was a *bit* too pat that the firm has been in such dire straits and then - zing! - they're in the money because they were so concerned about debt that they didn't notice they were raking in millions. I kinda wish Alicia had told Cary they were starting their own firm . I just hope this doesn't pit them against one another again, I've really enjoyed them becoming friends. Nice final scene with Alicia watching Cary and Kalinda talking about what was going on in the board room.

Elspeth is great - as a guest.

vCash
    Loved it up until that very uncomfortable kiss between Will and Alicia. Talk about zero chemistry.

I thought JM killed it in the show last night - that courtroom mock trial was so much fun to watch. Diane and Will were just a bit too smug going in and then went down in flames. I know the 'client' from some other show, but not sure where. David Lee - never change you pompous jerk. Where did Matan go, btw? I've missed him for seasons.

Eli had a fun subplot going there. We got to see Alan really emote last night - that scene with Jordan was amazing, the look on his face when he realized 'his' candidate didn't need him was heartbreaking. And to Elspeth doing the wiretap AGAINST the feds! That cheesy accordian music was the perfect touch. Kyle McLaughlan still can play smarmy well - that 'how about dinner?' line to Elspeth was icky and hysterically clueless at the same time.

So, if Alicia's a partner now, will she actually have an office without another person in it? And I could have sworn the buy-in was more than $200,000? Did they have a 'sale'? Or was that just a down payment?

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I would have loved for Cary and Alicia to set up their own firm though...
    I really wanted that as well, but I have to agree with Alicia. You need major start-up money and they were trying hard just to get together money to become partners in Lockhart Gardner. Too much of a pipe dream and too much of a knee-jerk idea. But I did the love the idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I know the practice is in financial dire straits but somehow I would love to see Elsbeth and Amanda Peet's character (cannot remember her name) join the firm.
    David says at the beginning of the episode that over the last month, a few big cases were settled, which had the firm out of debt. Not only that, but they were on track to be in the black to the tune of 133 million. Which makes me wonder...why would everyone do a turnaround on the offers to the five new potential partners? 133 million is not enough of a profit to share amongst some new people? Plus you have to know those five would-be partners will be pissed at you for pulling that offer out from out under their feet. Certainly not a way to build workplace morale...

Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I was not really impessed with how the episode ended. It felt like a let down after the rest of the program.
    I thought the ending symbolized a slow cooker being turned up a notch. Instead of the five would-be partners being united to bring about a satisfactory conlusion, now they are divided with Carey obviously peeved at Alicia. This seemed kind of out of character for Alicia...she should have at least talked to the other four and let them know her plans. And then her flustery bit she said to Carey about "making change". We just saw in the episode how smart and passionate she is...then all of a sudden she's mindless and unable to string a few sentences together? Plus joining the firm as a partner after David was such an ass to her, specifically saying they wanted her for her surname/family connection?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast