Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The Good Wife returns tonight!

Here's a sneak peak trailer I found on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LaJNaompI8

And an episode summary from epguides.com/tvrage.com:

Spoiler

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    (((Nathan Lane)))

vCash
    So Canning via some consortium he must own took over Lockhart Gardner's debt?! Love this.

vCash
    Nathan was fabulous last night. And I floved Matt's acting as he gave up Clark's secret and went to the dark side of his bosses.

Welcome back Wendy Scott Carr. I missed your smirk. Now I can't wait for Diane to find a way to cut you off at the knees.

Hello, Mrs. Canning. Did you know your husband is a weasel? Looking forward to more of Michael J. Fox in the role.

Speaking of Canning - he still has Martha working for him - guess she lucked out by losing the LG job? And I love touches like that in this show - they do it so well.

Alicia and Kalinda in the hotel room. I guess the Kings are trying to make up for Nick and turn her into super Kalinda again? She shows up and magically discovers the secret of the banker?

And finally, Alicia. Our old Alicia would have known the name of the court reporter or at least thought to ask. But, she also would have fallen for the 'dying friend' ploy or missed the appointment.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Alicia and Kalinda in the hotel room. I guess the Kings are trying to make up for Nick and turn her into super Kalinda again? She shows up and magically discovers the secret of the banker?
    I'm willing to cut the show some slack with this one. Alicia's job is to work within the law and do her lawyer-y stuff. Plus how/why would she suspect the bank head was dealing with a serious disease? It was right up Kalinda's alley to look into anything and everything which is not specifically law-related...looking for the needles in the haystack if you will - which when found could be used to pop some balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    And finally, Alicia. Our old Alicia would have known the name of the court reporter or at least thought to ask. But, she also would have fallen for the 'dying friend' ploy or missed the appointment.
    I thought that was really interesting. "My name is Micah." It kind of made Alicia look bad. Maybe that was to show that Alicia was so focussed on the big task that she was unaware of other things around her? I'm wondering if this is showing that Alicia will become more tough (as well as sometimes insenstive?) in the future?

vCash
    Michael J. Fox has his own sitcom coming up for next year, so I wonder how this story line with Canning owning the firm.
    Creating drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffisjeff View Post
    Michael J. Fox has his own sitcom coming up for next year, so I wonder how this story line with Canning owning the firm.
    I imagine they'll somehow pay off the debt and he'll go back to appearing sporadically. I hope so, anyway - I want him to stay on!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Elsbeth! (Elspeth?) Great to see her!

vCash
    And I totally missed this episode. Le sigh ... drats!!!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    CBS finally put their shows On Demand on tv which I like better than trying to catch it online. I think this episode reminds me of why I love it: Don't get me wrong--I love men but I love a show that features loads of strong female characters and "The Good Wife" has lots of them.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    Elsbeth! (Elspeth?) Great to see her!
    Love Elsbeth! (even if most of the Americans on the show have some weird, over-emphasized pronounciation of her name) And it looks like we'll be seeing more of her in the future if she takes on Eli as a client. That could be a whole lotta fun!

The expression on Eli's face when Alicia came out of the trailer ... priceless. (But Alicia and Peter now only have sex standing up? LOL)

I don't mind the occassional Canning appearance, but I only like his character in small doses. So I really hope that particular storyline is over and done with very quickly.

BTW, George! (Yeah, I know his real name is TR Knight and his role on TGW is Jordan ... but he'll always be George to me.) They haven't done much with his character so far but I'm hoping there will be good things to come.

The athletics tribunal was pretty funny. Seeing Will out of his element, Diane's French, the guys on the panel admiring Kalinda's, um, assets ... and of course it finally coming down to international rivalry (hmm, skating fans have no idea what that might be about!). All very entertaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Love Elsbeth! (even if most of the Americans on the show have some weird, over-emphasized pronounciation of her name) And it looks like we'll be seeing more of her in the future if she takes on Eli as a client. That could be a whole lotta fun!

The expression on Eli's face when Alicia came out of the trailer ... priceless. (But Alicia and Peter now only have sex standing up? LOL)

I don't mind the occassional Canning appearance, but I only like his character in small doses. So I really hope that particular storyline is over and done with very quickly.

BTW, George! (Yeah, I know his real name is TR Knight and his role on TGW is Jordan ... but he'll always be George to me.) They haven't done much with his character so far but I'm hoping there will be good things to come.

The athletics tribunal was pretty funny. Seeing Will out of his element, Diane's French, the guys on the panel admiring Kalinda's, um, assets ... and of course it finally coming down to international rivalry (hmm, skating fans have no idea what that might be about!). All very entertaining.
    Yes! A judge from a certain country accused of cheating: Where have we heard that before?!!

vCash
    Just watched this online. Really enjoyed it. Hmmm ... sports and doping and courts. Yummy!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Love Elsbeth!

vCash
    Another great night of The Good Wife1

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    New episode tonight, here's the trailer:

Season 4, Episode 13: The Seven Day Rule

vCash
    Got to watch it early here as though I lived on the eastern seaboard. LOVED IT!!!

and that's all I got to say about that
    (at least for now )
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    At the very end of tonight's episode how did you intrepet Diane's stare? Or was it meaningless?

vCash
    At the very end of tonight's episode how did you intrepet Diane's stare? Or was it meaningless?
    Not sure. Part of me wonders if Alicia is not going to accept the partnership - that is how she is not going to disappoint. But this is a tv show and Lockhart & Gardner are still going to be there, so Alicia will accept. But is Diane doubting??? Or will Alicia not accept, take job with Canning, and then Canning gobbles up L & G, so all actors still have their jobs??? I love this show, but there is no way all the folks at L & G won't be on the show, so I don't take the fall of L & G too seriously.
    Make sense???

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wow, intense episode! Did anyone think it a little too out of character for Diane to become the (semi)-evil schoolmarm at the end of the episode?

I think Diane what was thinking, "what is going on?" Alicia was performing exactly like Diane requested...like a trained pet. I am thinking that maybe Alicia is seriously considering Canning's offer and is simply doing as told (ordered) until she makes a move.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Not sure. Part of me wonders if Alicia is not going to accept the partnership - that is how she is not going to disappoint. But this is a tv show and Lockhart & Gardner are still going to be there, so Alicia will accept. But is Diane doubting??? Or will Alicia not accept, take job with Canning, and then Canning gobbles up L & G, so all actors still have their jobs??? I love this show, but there is no way all the folks at L & G won't be on the show, so I don't take the fall of L & G too seriously.
    Make sense???
    I'm not sure Alicia will accept partnership or stay with Lockhart Gardner. Some TV shows shake it up a few years into their run to keep things interesting. We could have two shows in one, the regulars at Lockhart Garder and then Alicia with Canning's firm. Glee is doing that with the regular show and then Curt and Rachel in New York. Chris Noth is a recurring character on this show, so maybe Will and Diane will become recurring characters as well?? Just as long as Kalinda moves with Alicia and is in every single episode!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast