Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 206
  1. #81
    moving right along
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hiding from the mirror.
    Posts
    7,031
    vCash
    20817
    Rep Power
    42293
    Wouldn't it be great if Grace and Mr. Kalinda DIAF together? Gets rid of two stooopid characters/story lines at once.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,411
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have always loved Amanda Peet's voice and I love that she is playing someone you would root for on this show. I hope she becomes a series regular.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    5,616
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8129
    Not a fan at all of the Kalinda / husband story line. I think Kalinda was a great, fearless, mysterious character. Really one of my faves on the show........how she turned into a manipulated wimp is beyond my comprehension.

    Amanda Peet - I am really surprised by how much I like her. And JM - fabulous! She is amazing.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    practising choreo
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Poor Cary.

    How many episodes did they sign Marc Warren for, sigh.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNit View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if Grace and Mr. Kalinda DIAF together? Gets rid of two stooopid characters/story lines at once.
    OK, I've seen the acronym of DIAF twice now and I still don't know what it means. Would some kind soul please enlighten me, please.
    Crazy about sports!

  6. #86
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,181
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43796
    "Die in a fire."
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    OK, I've seen the acronym of DIAF twice now and I still don't know what it means. Would some kind soul please enlighten me, please.
    I had to google that one too!

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    My only hope is that Kalinda will find out what Creepo Mr. Kalinda did to Cary and go all Buffy on him. DIAFing is a little too good for him. On second thought, I'm not sure I need to see more fights between them. Couldn't he meet a gruesome end offscreen?

  9. #89
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    c'est genifique!
    Posts
    29,963
    vCash
    325
    Rep Power
    36573
    but DIAF could happen offscreen and we'd just hear about it later, rather than give him any more air time to set up a more elaborate come-uppence
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Plotting
    Age
    49
    Posts
    10,332
    vCash
    510
    Rep Power
    0
    Was Nick the only one who commented on Cary's suit? I think the judge's assistant also mentioned the suit when Cary sat down at the poker game. I have to wonder if Kalinda will finally take action now that Nick's thug has recovered. I know a nice gorge on set that people like to jump from... Or there's always an El train to push him in front of...

    I did not miss Grace. Zack has always been the better son. Grace reminds me of Kim Bauer on 24 - the type of character that's so annoying that the fans wish for her to become cougar bait, or shot by someone. Well, maybe not shot, but can they just send her off on a pilgrimage someplace with snakes and quicksand? No wonder Alicia works long hours - that child is in her home.

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1,999
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I predict that Kalinda will either beat her husband or kill him and will get in all sorts of trouble for it.

    I also predict that someone will have an affair that will be a big problem for Peter's campaign. Who will it be -

    Peter's mother and her new caregiver?
    Grace and the new boyfriend?
    Zack and his campaign supervisor?

    Looking forward to seeing Stockard Channing as Alicia's mom. That could be good.

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,143
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am so disappointed with where the Kalinda storyline has gone.

    I'm liking Amanda Peet and looking forward to Stockard Channing, especially if little brother comes back into the scene.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I predict that Kalinda will either beat her husband or kill him and will get in all sorts of trouble for it.

    I also predict that someone will have an affair that will be a big problem for Peter's campaign. Who will it be -

    Peter's mother and her new caregiver?
    Grace and the new boyfriend?
    Zack and his campaign supervisor?

    Looking forward to seeing Stockard Channing as Alicia's mom. That could be good.
    Woo! I like your ideas!

  14. #94

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,437
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4354
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I am so disappointed with where the Kalinda storyline has gone.

    I'm liking Amanda Peet and looking forward to Stockard Channing, especially if little brother comes back into the scene.
    I am SO looking forward to Stockard Channing...mainly because I thought she was dead Why did I think that?! I'm THRILLED that she's not This will be a great episode for me.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    Posts
    4,785
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Ohhhhh, poor Carey. Bit of a rough episode for him. First Mr. Kalinda accuses him of being gay! Really? How on earth did he leap so that stupid conclusion?
    Well, aside from the fact that he didn't "accuse" Carey of being gay, he asked (and "accuse" makes it sound as if being gay is a crime) ... my take on this was that he was just testing the waters, trying to determine if Carey is a potential threat. In his warped mind, I'm sure he considers every heterosexual male in Chicago a potental threat to his property. Kind of bizarre, considering what he knows about Kalinda's sexual tastes -- but it's not like he's acting rationally. (You'd think he'd be following Kalinda 24/7, and would go after Will after he met with Kalinda in the bar.)

    To me, though, the most unrealistic part of that whole setup was Carey answering Alicia's phone with a "Yeah?" Why would he answer her phone in the first place (what, did Clarke cancel all their voicemail to cut costs?), and even if he did answer, surely he'd say "Hello, Alicia Florek's phone."

    I didn't mind Mr. Kalinda at first, for a couple of episodes I thought it added an interesting new dynamic. Plus I loves me some Marc Warren. But I agree, enough. He's ceased to become useful or entertaining. DIAF indeed.

    But Stockard Channing?!!

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,819
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2416
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    Well, aside from the fact that he didn't "accuse" Carey of being gay, he asked (and "accuse" makes it sound as if being gay is a crime) ... my take on this was that he was just testing the waters, trying to determine if Carey is a potential threat. In his warped mind, I'm sure he considers every heterosexual male in Chicago a potental threat to his property. Kind of bizarre, considering what he knows about Kalinda's sexual tastes -- but it's not like he's acting rationally. (You'd think he'd be following Kalinda 24/7, and would go after Will after he met with Kalinda in the bar.)

    To me, though, the most unrealistic part of that whole setup was Carey answering Alicia's phone with a "Yeah?" Why would he answer her phone in the first place (what, did Clarke cancel all their voicemail to cut costs?), and even if he did answer, surely he'd say "Hello, Alicia Florek's phone."

    I didn't mind Mr. Kalinda at first, for a couple of episodes I thought it added an interesting new dynamic. Plus I loves me some Marc Warren. But I agree, enough. He's ceased to become useful or entertaining. DIAF indeed.

    But Stockard Channing?!!
    Sorry for the use of "accuse" -- in hindsight it was a bit stronger than I meant. I just thought it seemed as though he was trying to "out" Carey but since we "know" Carey isn't gay, I couldn't think of a reason as to why Mr Kalinda would even go there. After reading your post - yeah, hindsight is 20-20.

    I too wondered --at the time -- why Carey answered the phone the way he did. For one thing, it wasn't a very professional manner to greet someone on the phone and secondly it wasn't his line. Guess it was to set up for his beating. Man, I felt pain watching that.
    Crazy about sports!

  17. #97
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,564
    vCash
    875
    Rep Power
    76283
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Sorry for the use of "accuse" -- in hindsight it was a bit stronger than I meant. I just thought it seemed as though he was trying to "out" Carey but since we "know" Carey isn't gay, I couldn't think of a reason as to why Mr Kalinda would even go there. After reading your post - yeah, hindsight is 20-20.
    I felt the husband was thinking, "Dude, if you're gay...you're off the hook - your friendliness towards my wife is purely platonic - but if you're straight, then it's flirting and for that you get the sh** kicked out of you". He was trying to give Carey an "out", but Carey had no idea what was going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    I too wondered --at the time -- why Carey answered the phone the way he did. For one thing, it wasn't a very professional manner to greet someone on the phone and secondly it wasn't his line. Guess it was to set up for his beating. Man, I felt pain watching that.
    I assumed Carey saw Kalinda's name on the "incoming call" window of the phone, so he felt no need to be formal with taking her phone call.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Posts
    5,616
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8129
    Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post

    Looking forward to seeing Stockard Channing as Alicia's mom. That could be good.

    Stockard Channing? What did I miss? She is one of my VERY VERY favorites. What a treat.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

  19. #99

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,516
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    59298
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Stockard Channing? What did I miss? She is one of my VERY VERY favorites. What a treat.
    The Defense of Marriage Preview

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,706
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    Not a fan at all of the Kalinda / husband story line. I think Kalinda was a great, fearless, mysterious character. Really one of my faves on the show........how she turned into a manipulated wimp is beyond my comprehension.
    I was going to write just that. One of the biggest strength of this serie were well built characters: Will, Diane, Alicia, Kalinda, Eli, Carey. Not so much Peter, I'm afraid, but his mother surely made up for it. And I hate with a passion when they derail characters to create new story lines out of thin air: writers, either you have a story or you don't. Kundera didn't pull The Unbearable Lightness of Being out of tricks, and you shouldn't ruin a perfectly nice show because your better skills are on strike. If you really can't do any better, end it instead. Now we all get to re-watch a fourth season when Kalinda went week in the knees and Alicia is done caring (as she said).

    Yes: Grace has been a stain on the table for quite a while; since she found God, in my opinion. But if, as A.H.Black suggests, she finds new thrills behind the bushes, maybe they can recover her.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •