Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wheee no Kalinda crazy husband, hopefully he got hit by a bus

I didn't care much for the Christina Ricci Case O' the Week - she came across as crazy, self-destructive, and stupid, not edgy - but loved the scene with Alicia and Cary in the hotel.

Oooh, Maddie ... Not sure how I feel about the latest development - last week it was framed as her being an impassioned woman in power in an ethical quandry about her politics who decides the solution is to run for office... and the use of Alicia's inside info was collateral damage. But now she may have set up the whole thing from the beginning? For a show about a strong woman finding her way, TGW sure does love taking powerful women down a notch or twelve, I can only imagine how this will turn out.

I was happy to see Amanda Peet again, but I confess that the first thing I thought when Alicia called Peter about giving her a job was that somewhere down the line this will end up being trouble

David Lee! It's been too long since we've seen him.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I have a bad feeling about Maddie. I think she is a piece of work.
    I hope they give us more David Lee, hopefully we get rid of Kalindas hubby. That storyline is just bad. Kalinda is a little stuck altogether. Eli is also losing his touch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    wheee no Kalinda crazy husband, hopefully he got hit by a bus

I didn't care much for the Christina Ricci Case O' the Week - she came across as crazy, self-destructive, and stupid, not edgy - but loved the scene with Alicia and Cary in the hotel.

I was happy to see Amanda Peet again, but I confess that the first thing I thought when Alicia called Peter about giving her a job was that somewhere down the line this will end up being trouble

David Lee! It's been too long since we've seen him.
    I second the glee over no screen time for Kalinda's hubby.

The problem with Christina Ricci is that she's not funny. I guess the character was meant to be modeled after a Chelsey Handler or Kathy Griffin, but she couldn't pull it off.

Liked that we got to see a bit into Cary's life. I too loved the moment in the hotel room with Alicia and Cary. I'd like to point out that this is the 2nd time that Matt Czuchry has played a character that has a distant and cold relationship with his father (Logan!).

I hope they don't wander down the path of having Amanda Peet's character have an affair with Peter. It would be funny if Peet is pit against Alicia in an upcoming trial.

David Lee always has fun scenes to play!

I think missed something during this episode. I know that Alicia got the "unknown caller" question asking her if she liked Brazilian food. She answered, "What?" Was this ever referenced again in the episode? I thought maybe it was intended to try to get her to say "yes" in some twisted way to the question about the "birth mark".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    The problem with Christina Ricci is that she's not funny. I guess the character was meant to be modeled after a Chelsey Handler or Kathy Griffin, but she couldn't pull it off.
    Oh, maybe that was the problem. I find Chelsea Handler extremely unfunny, and Kathy Griffin has her moments, but I'm not really a fan of hers either.

Plus, seeing Ricci made me miss Pan Am

I think missed something during this episode. I know that Alicia got the "unknown caller" question asking her if she liked Brazilian food. She answered, "What?" Was this ever referenced again in the episode? I thought maybe it was intended to try to get her to say "yes" in some twisted way to the question about the "birth mark".
    I think it was just foreshadowing about the story about to break.

I did think Ricci's taped bit at the end, with Alicia watching, was funny.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Kathy Griffin would pull this off much better.
    Plus they wouldn't even have to pay her. With celeb cast - she would have material for her stand up for months.

Amanda Peet will have case/s against L&G.
    I've seen photos of her in trail against them. I think she was against Cary and Alicia.

vCash
    Did it strike anyone as kind of funny when our dear Lt. was having an interview and it didn't seem to be going great when IN walks Peter. He asks a couple questions, says your hired as of right now, hands her a case and then walks right back out. I was having a quiet chuckle about that scene and the look on the the person doing the interview. Guess if she didn't know who has the "real" power to hire/fire she does now

Wasn't too thrilled with the whole part of the "comedian" -- I didn't find her funny at all but then I have a dry/slightly warped sense of humor.

Liking the Alicia & Carey seem to be getting on well with each other. Perhaps putting them in the same office was just what they needed?

Hmmmm ... and what shall we call the guy who is trying to "right the ship"? My name would be "worm-turned-snake". First we are led to believe that he is getting emotionally invested in the firm, then he's trying to sell parts of it off? Not sure I buy into that turnaround if indeed he really was wanting to be part of the L&G team.

Found it interesting that Kalinda didn't have time to deal with Eli who was panicking about "Brazil on Peter's penis" problem. I wonder why she was in such a hurry to get away?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Found it interesting that Kalinda didn't have time to deal with Eli who was panicking about "Brazil on Peter's penis" problem. I wonder why she was in such a hurry to get away?
    Because 1) her job at L&G is with the law firm, not with Eli and 2) her history with peter. She only did some work with Eli earlier because it directly affected Alicia (investigating and debunking the woman who alleged peter had slept with her).

vCash
    Cary's listed on his father's cell phone as "CARY AGOS"? Really? Insane. I loved little touches like that all episode. Alicia going to hang on the other bed and watch crappy movies while bonding with her office mate - classic. Loved how we saw a lot of Julianne's fab smile this episode.

Alicia will always be Kalinda's kryptonite. Kalinda will do anything for Alicia.

Odd turn for Nathan's character. Didn't expect him to go from helping on a case and being Cary's BFF, and then trying to sell the firm to Salieri.

Welcome back David Lee. I see you're still cranky. Where's Julius though? Gone from LG? I miss him.

Never been a big fan of Christina Ricci, so I'm jaded in thinking she sucked. Not deadpan, just dead.

Hate the character assassination of Maddie. Can't she just be written as a decent wealthy woman who decided to run after being snowed by Indira Star (stupid name). I wonder if they twisted the character since Matthew Perry's off doing that crappy sitcom? Or she was always supposed to be evil.

Best moment of the show, hands down, was Chris Noth's spit take and death glare when that Brazilian comment came up. And his laser focus after it - he's killing it this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Cary's listed on his father's cell phone as "CARY AGOS"? Really? Insane.
    how else would it be? I'm pretty sure I'm on my mom's phone as just my name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    how else would it be? I'm pretty sure I'm on my mom's phone as just my name.
    I have 'merged' on my smartphone my contacts and facebook so the whole name is there.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I only have last names written for everyone on my Seattle phone because you can't search for first names. I think, though, it was meant to show Cary's father's detachment.

I never understood how two of my closest friends, brothers, were comfortable calling their father by his first name, but their father was plenty comfortable hearing it. My father's brother called their father by his first name, because, as the oldest son, he had to work in the family bakery starting at 12, and if he was going to sit on the same bench as his father, he was going to consider himself an equal. (My father, who was allowed to play sports and earn money as a caddie, would have died before calling his father by his first name.)
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Hmm - my son's on my phone without his last name. Granted, I only have one, but I don't think he'll ever get his last name mentioned. So, I took it as typical detachment on dad's part.

vCash
    I'm afraid Cary is right and Alicia has changed. He sad it's not good or bad, but only necessary. - Maybe, but now that I think of it, I liked better before.

"People only hire those that they know". Oh my.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I only have last names written for everyone on my Seattle phone because you can't search for first names. I think, though, it was meant to show Cary's father's detachment.

I never understood how two of my closest friends, brothers, were comfortable calling their father by his first name, but their father was plenty comfortable hearing it. My father's brother called their father by his first name, because, as the oldest son, he had to work in the family bakery starting at 12, and if he was going to sit on the same bench as his father, he was going to consider himself an equal. (My father, who was allowed to play sports and earn money as a caddie, would have died before calling his father by his first name.)
    My niece calls her dad by his first name. It happened because the mom would always say, go ask/see Alan. (The dad's name). So from the time she was little, she knew Alan was her dad, but his name was Alan and that's what she called him. Now she calls him dad or Alan. Both seem comfortable with it either way.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I was playing "six degrees of Good Wife full circle" for the guest stars in my head while watching the past couple of episodes:

Nathan Lane starred in The Producers with Matthew Broderick > Brodrick is married to SJP > SJP starred in Sex & the City with Chris Noth

Amanda Peet starred with Bradley Whitford in Studio 60 > Whitford starred in The West Wing with Kristen Chenoweth

Maura Tierney starred in Primary Colors with Adrian Lester > Lester starred in Hustle with Marc Warren

Matt Czuchry starred in Gilmore Girls with Lauren Graham > Graham stars in Parenthood with Peter Krause > Krause starred in Sportsnight with Josh Charles

This one took a bit of a long trip but ... Christina Ricci starred with Liam Neeson in After.Life > Neeson guest starred in The Big C with Laura Linney > Linney starred in Tales of the City with Chloe Webb > Webb starred in China Beach with Michael Boatman (who I hope we'll see again on GW!)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I was playing "six degrees of Good Wife full circle" for the guest stars in my head while watching the past couple of episodes:
    Matt Czuchry starred in Gilmore Girls with Lauren Graham > Graham stars in Parenthood with Peter Krause > Krause starred in Sportsnight with Josh Charles
    I couldn't figure out why Josh Charles looked so familiar.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I couldn't figure out why Josh Charles looked so familiar.
    You could also do a Josh Charles full circle: Josh Charles starred in Sportsnight with Lisa Edelstein > Edelstein starred in House with Robert Sean Leonard > Leonard starred with Josh Charles in Dead Poets Society.

vCash
    My best friend & I have a huge crush on Josh Charles. I hated when Will was suspended. Hope to see more of him.
    I still dont get what his plan was with that third partner he infiltrated to kick Diane out.
    I think the writers did not have a real plan about him.

vCash
    aaaaargh Mr Kalinda's back, and Kalinda's being stupid again. Based on what we've seen, it's just not believable that she would be all lovey dovey with him, and worse, that she would leave her phone lying around after he's been grilling her about her business Mr Kalinda just needs to DIAF. I mean it.

We also get the return of the perpetually clueless Grace, who still hasn't figured out that everything she does can and will be used. How many years has her family been in the public eye? I'm surprised there didn't end up being a public scandal about her stealing the boyfriend of the Other Grace and driving her to suicide, but I suppose that could be for next week.

Yay Amanda Peet tho!

vCash
    Ohhhhh, poor Carey. Bit of a rough episode for him. First Mr. Kalinda accuses him of being gay! Really? How on earth did he leap so that stupid conclusion? The ending! I wonder if he will be able to put 2 & 2 together and figure out who decided he needed a beating. Come on Kalinda, get that blankety-blank-blank out of your life and OFF our screen. I have had enough of that character.

Grace = stupid x 3 (or maybe it should be to infinity?)

Eli -- liked his way of getting around Alicia not having her children involved in the campaign. Here's to computer nerds!

Amanda Peet -- like how she took Alicia's advice and liked how Alicia framed it -- you're either retreating or advancing, something someone with a military background would completely understand.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Alicia's character and this show?
    Crazy about sports!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast