Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    I wasn't impressed with the first few episodes but feel the pace of the story line is quickening and is moving in directions I did not anticipate. But the story line about Kalinda and her husband just doesn't work for me. I think the actors are superb but I don't understand the hold the husband seems to have on Kalinda. Perhaps, this will be revealed as the season progresses. Fortunately with so many other juicy plot lines evolving, the weakness in the Kalinda story line doesn't matter as much. Or at least not to me.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I'm not minding Kalinda's husband. Partly it's because I love Marc Warren ... but also because it adds an extra layer to Kalinda. And having more Kalinda screen-time is never a bad thing. Also, I'm completely certain it will be a short-term thing.

Loved Nathan Lane, accounting detective! And loved Kary's relationship with him!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I'm a latecomer to the show -- until the end of last season I'd mostly watched multiple episodes on long plane flights -- but although the husband makes me nauseous, I find it fascinating how sometimes she boldly puts him down and other times how her fear shows as she's riding a fine line that seems internal and that I can't fathom.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    My memory is bad. Where was Bishops wife last night?. I remember the episode where they almost got divorced but didn't
    Did I miss an episode somewhere? Interesting if they end up saving the firm by getting all of Bishops business. He is such an interesting character and story I can not imagine the story not continuing for a long time.
    She's dear, IIRC. After the divorce, she was found dead, the implication being that Bishop had hired a hit on her. I can't recall if this was the divorce episode or later though.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I'm a latecomer to the show -- until the end of last season I'd mostly watched multiple episodes on long plane flights -- but although the husband makes me nauseous, I find it fascinating how sometimes she boldly puts him down and other times how her fear shows as she's riding a fine line that seems internal and that I can't fathom.
    I think it's just bad writing They don't know what to do with him. I think the husband was originally supposed to be Canadian, but someone had a thing for Marc Warren so they wrote him in and then it all fell apart...
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I'm not minding Kalinda's husband. Partly it's because I love Marc Warren ... but also because it adds an extra layer to Kalinda. And having more Kalinda screen-time is never a bad thing.
    I never thought I'd say this, but when it comes to the husband storyline, added Kalinda time IS a bad thing

Can Bishop put a hit on him?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis@BC View Post
    I'm not minding Kalinda's husband. Partly it's because I love Marc Warren ... but also because it adds an extra layer to Kalinda. And having more Kalinda screen-time is never a bad thing.
    I never thought I'd say this, but when it comes to the husband storyline, added Kalinda time IS a bad thing

Can Bishop put a hit on him?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    I think the husband was originally supposed to be Canadian, but someone had a thing for Marc Warren so they wrote him in and then it all fell apart...
    Yes, I recall something about Montreal...

Of course no reason two British ex-pats can't meet and fall in love while living in Canada. Happened to one of my friends in fact!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tonight's episode guest stars Brian Dennehey, Amanda Peet and Denis O'Hare [Russell Edgington on True Blood]. And of course Maura Tierney and Nathan Lane are back.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Another amazing episode. Last wee's episode was stellar and tonight continued the trend. Loved how Alicia called Kalinda to have the 'drink of trust' at the bar. Maddie's now off her list of people to trust. Jackie and the male caretaker was - again, Alicia was right. over Brian Dennehey in the COTW. He did his job, but you could tell he hated the client. Speaking of hated clients - will Kalinda tell Nick? Loved how Alicia and Carey were ready to dump him.

Bromance between Cary and Nathan is pretty awesome. Another Will-lite episode. Are they building him up for something big? Or is this the season of Diane?

Wonder how many more episodes we get Kristen Chenoweth for? Anyone know how many she'd taped before the injury on set?

ETA - ahh, that explains the absence of Will! Josh was behind the camera!

ETAA - and just read that this was Kristen's first episode back after being injured.
    Last edited by dbell1; 11-05-2012 at 04:08 AM.

vCash
    It looks like Will (Josh Charles) directed the episode tonight. I love the guests stars they bring in for this show and tonight's episode was loaded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    It looks like Will (Josh Charles) directed the episode tonight. I love the guests stars they bring in for this show and tonight's episode was loaded.
    Perhaps that explains why Will was barely in the episode

Great ep! Oh please oh please oh please let that be the end of Mr Kalinda!! I don't even want a goodbye ep...let him fade away. Or he could be hit by a bus off camera. Anything! Just bring the old Kalinda back!

Lurving the development with Maddie Haywood/Peter/Alicia. We need to have more tense and awkward Maura/Juliana scenes. And it was nice to see Peter getting some real fire in his eyes.

Eli

vCash
    I miss old Kalinda too. And I would love to see Elspeth again.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Wow. Julianna Margulies kicked ass tonight. And that was when she didn't even have dialogue!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I too enjoyed the episode
    Cary & Nathan Lane! And loved how Diane knows Cary's worth.
    I believe Kristin C taped only episode when she was injured. But I read that she was coming back, so hopefully last night is that!
    Interesting with the reporters.
    I so loved how Peter was pissed that Maddie used Alicia! I think Peter does really care for Alicia and it was nice to see.
    TCOW - loved Dennehy - such a great actor and the way he looked at the bad guy after they won the case! Also Amanda Peet and the Col - very interesting dynamic. Any guest star lawyer can always show up again and could even eventually be employed by Lockhart Gardner - so maybe Peet?? The Col is too military career to probably leave but enjoyed her going around the rules.
    Jackie and Christian - too funny. She loves the attention. Smart of Alicia.
    Also loved how Alicia will do what Kalinda wants in regards to the winning bidder. Nice to see them drinking together again.
    How long is this election cycle going to be? In primary now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    Jackie and Christian - too funny. She loves the attention. Smart of Alicia.
    ?
    Gives me an idea for my mother, should she ever need an aide. She was a teacher and always liked the boys better. Thanks Alicia!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Great ep! Oh please oh please oh please let that be the end of Mr Kalinda!! I don't even want a goodbye ep...let him fade away. Or he could be hit by a bus off camera. Anything! Just bring the old Kalinda back!
    I agree. Like what is this? He was supposed to be a cdn. He's supposed to be someone that Kalinda is so scared of that she went to the US and changed her name so he couldn't find her, and we see something that makes no continued sense at all? Bah......off with him.

I too loved how Alicia got the idea of a guy to help Jackie. And I love Nathan Lane. He's so good.

moving right along
    vCash
    Last night was the best episode evah! Everyone was stellar. All of the story threads kept spinning out sparkling exchanges, tons of drama, and so many laughs. I love it. Best show on teevee.

vCash
    When I'm old and decrepit, I want a male to take care of me -- well except for bathing since I seem to do better with guys than with females.
    Loving that Peter still has feelings for Alicia and wants to help protect her -- even though she may think she needs protecting. Should be an interesting race now that Maddie has put her hat into the ring. Wonder how many episodes we'll get to keep her? Lots, I'm hoping.

Mr Kalinda can be shipped to ... hmmmmm ... the farthest corners of the earth cause I'm tired of seeing his face on my TV. The character really does nothing for any story line. He needs to be gone ASAP.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'd sign Jackie up to deny her son has a birthmark shaped like Brazil on his penis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    I'd sign Jackie up to deny her son has a birthmark shaped like Brazil on his penis.
    That would be the perfect way to deal with it. Poor Eli. And it will be fun to watch what they do to Maddie(Maura Tierney)

They are giving Cary a background (other than working on the project for folks on death row, blanking on the name). Father is a jerk, poor Cary was thinking he was ill , I do like how Cary dealt with him. Also like that Cary and Alicia are friends, and how they both see the other differently than the 1st year. Plus Diane is looking out for Cary.
    Also Alicia has another new friend - Amanda Peet. I liked how she helped her.
    David Lee - too funny. I love how Diane and Will played him and then he played Nathan Lane. Just too funny. I just love it when David Lee is on screen. Not too much, but he is so entertaining.
    Just so many things that I liked in this episode. Alicia knowing to let Will and Diane know that FMurray Abraham as asking questions.
    Christina Ricci was pretty funny too.
    Also no kids the last few episodes, which is ok (I like Zach, but Grace bleh)
    It seems like the show is hitting its stride.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast