Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    My only disappointment with the show is Kalinda's husband. So y'all are not alone! I don't think this show has ever dropped the ball before. But the build-up in this storyline was SO phenomenal. And now I'm all Peggy Lee...is that all there is? We're really not seeing a reason why Kalinda put all of her household belongings into storage and then sat in a dark apartment with a gun awaiting her vengeful (ex?) spouse. Sure, he's unsettling and freaky, but nothing that somebody as kickass as Kalinda couldn't make mincemeat out of pretty easily!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I didn't realize that tonight wasn't the season opener....but LOVE getting to see Juliana Margulies and Maura Tierney together again.

Bored with Kalinda's husband already, although I can't believe they got that ice cream scene on the air

love this show
    Can you believe I was like "....where have I seen these two together before?" for an absurdly long time before I realized?

But yeah, love them. Bored with Kalinda's husband.

vCash
    Count me in as another who when "doh" at JM & MT reunited. I was excitedly telling hubby that MT used to be on ER and then I went "dah", so was JM. Then I had a senior moment and couldn't remember if they were on ER at the same time. Well apparently they were according to the couple of posts ahead of me. Sheesh ... I feel ... dumb.

Kalinda's husband - so over it.

Kinda liked see Felicia with her hubby -- back campaigning again. Am wondering how she/they will deal with her "naught act" with Will. That could be interesting HA!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I was unable to watch last week so I recorded it. Watched it last night and was able to skip over the Kalinda scenes with her husband. I could see the Nathan Lane character reversing the decision to drop the husband's case from a mile away.

I think I will record all the episodes from now on. I love the show - hate some of the scenes.

vCash
    Well I'm one ticked Canuck!!! I was watching the episode on an American channel where the show started late after TAR which also started late for some reason -- football? Anyway, with about 10 minutes or so to go, it SWITCHED to the show that should begin at 10 instead of finishing up TGW. I am now having to switch to another Canadian channel using time shift and will have to be up for another 45 minutes just so I can see the end of this episode. Le sigh ... and I was hoping to have an early night. Yeah, we have PVR but it is on the TV downstairs and a bit of a hassle to program. Add to that, I then will have to remember that I PVR'd it and make time to go watch it. I soooooo hate having to put things off.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Well I'm one ticked Canuck!!! I was watching the episode on an American channel where the show started late after TAR which also started late for some reason -- football? Anyway, with about 10 minutes or so to go, it SWITCHED to the show that should begin at 10 instead of finishing up TGW.
    That sucks. FYI Global airs it at 10p ET which I guess it not ideal for you, being even later, but totally works for PT me. Football throws off my whole sunday night viewing block because I watch all three shows (TAR, Good Wife, Mentalist) and I prefer to timeshift and watch the eastern feed.

Yeah, can we wrap up Kalinda's husband time already?

Did you mean Will Gardner, suspended lawyer as the chubhub search result had me

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Count me in as another who when "doh" at JM & MT reunited. I was excitedly telling hubby that MT used to be on ER and then I went "dah", so was JM. Then I had a senior moment and couldn't remember if they were on ER at the same time. Well apparently they were according to the couple of posts ahead of me. Sheesh ... I feel ... dumb.
    I think Abby (Maura Tierney) started during Carol (Julianna Margulies)'s last season. Abby basically became the Carol of the show, starting as a nurse and going to medical school, but unlike Carol, she finished and became a Dr.

Kalinda's scenes with her husband are just cringeworthy. He's completely 2-dimensional and there is no indication of why she would spend even 2 minutes with this jerk. Or why she is letting him stay with her now.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Not only that, he was supposed to be this menacing character Kalinda was terrified of. And she's absolutely kicking his ass. He's turned out to be pretty pathetic.

EW.com had a little article about The Good Wife's Kalinda problem and I think they were right.

vCash
    I think Abby (Maura Tierney) started during Carol (Julianna Margulies)'s last season. Abby basically became the Carol of the show, starting as a nurse and going to medical school, but unlike Carol, she finished and became a Dr.
    Abby helped deliver Carol's twins, I think that was her first appearance on ER.

I love Maura Tierny, she's fantastic.

vCash
    I too am not thrilled with the way the story for Kalinda's husband is going. I am thinking Kalinda is going to kill him, and then Alicia and the firm will get her off with self defense or something.

the reporter last night - when eli told alicia it was not about her affair, I was thinking she was after Will - as at the beginning she had a magazing/picture of Will in her folder - right?
    that campaign worker - what a strange lie to add she spoke to alicia??

I am really enjoying Nathan Lane and next weeks preview looks interesting.

vCash
    Kalinda's scenes with her husband are just cringeworthy. He's completely 2-dimensional and there is no indication of why she would spend even 2 minutes with this jerk. Or why she is letting him stay with her now.
    ^^This. I hate what they're doing with Kalinda this season. Last year she was non existant, this year she's not even showing up to work. And what is it with Nick and food? First the 'look what we're sneaking past the censors' ice cream scene was a total :yawn" and now it's egg smearing? Just crush him with a slab of groceries, toss him and his goon into the river and be done with it.

The ending last night bothered me. Alicia's thrilled that Peter's not sleeping with his campaign workers after telling him that she doesn't care? The 'kiss' was snooze worthy. Talk about zero chemistry.

We need Jackie back to get this show rolling again.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I love everything about this show. Except the husband storyline. It just doesn't make sense in that to me, everything about this show is perfect...but this storyline has gone off the rails, over the cliff and is diving into a seemingly bottomless ocean. The buildup of this horrific being over the years had me past the edge of the seat and on the floor. I keep waiting for them to show us what struck such incredulous fear into the heart of this strong, powerful, kick-ass woman.

Now that this guy is here, she seems more mildly bored than his presence. If Kalinda wants somebody gone...they are gone. It just doesn't make sense in how we know Kalinda and seems to be going nowhere...slowly. I also thought that this must be a boring buildup to an exciting murder scene. I'm wondering if hubby's days are numbered...

Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    I am really enjoying Nathan Lane and next weeks preview looks interesting.
    I've also liked Nathan Lane alright. But I'm loving him on this show!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    if this storyline doesn't get corrected, SOON, this may be what gets The Good Wife tossed into the Jumped The Shark thread. The rest of the show continues to be so fab; this one subplot is unbelievably poorly written/acted (talking about the guy, not Archie Punjabi)
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    My only disappointment with the show is Kalinda's husband.
    I'd charge the jerk with abuse; and send him to prison.
    Good riddance!

vCash
    Really enjoyed this episode (no Kalinda's husband). Interested to see how it pans out with the blogpost and also with Jackie...

vCash
    was so happy about last week's Mr Kalinda free episode...this week it looks like they're trying to do some damage control with that character. It would be better is they just shuttled him off with no notice.

Good ep tonight, but....just how freakin' long was that straw poll celebration, anyway? I'd assumed at the end of last week that the poll results were being delivered at night, but even if it was a daytime, the main plot of the episode had to have taken at least 6 hours.

So it looks like Maddie Hayward is jumping into the race......interesting!

vCash
    I want Peter to get rid of his mom like FOREVER. Let her go pleaaaaaase !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I want Kalinda's husband gone too! Just seems like a waste.
    I am enjoying how Cary is very observant with Nathan Lane's character.
    Also just luv Lane and his subtle performance.
    Maura Tierney playing a devious character? Will be interesting to see.
    I Don't like Jackie but it is entertaining. just don't want her to hurt Jackie or the kids

My memory is bad. Where was Bishops wife last night?. I remember the episode where they almost got divorced but didn't
    Did I miss an episode somewhere? Interesting if they end up saving the firm by getting all of Bishops business. He is such an interesting character and story I can not imagine the story not continuing for a long time.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Kalinda's husband has gotten under many's skin, so maybe the writers/producer are onto something.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I was one of those who felt like Kalinda's husband was a dud but I think he improved as a slimeball last night. He's getting to be a bit more believable as an obsessed guy. I love this show! I'm really enjoying Nathan Lane too.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast