Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Wow, Morry -- thanks for sharing.

The "what would you do if birds are in the rink interrupting competition" sure would be a fun question to ask on the Referee exams for appointment. Imagine the answers...

vCash
    One of my rinks has birds nesting in the rafters routinely. There's usually bird nest bits and droppings on the ice below the nests. You learn to avoid those spots.
    And so, dear Lord, it is with deep sadness that we turn over to you this young woman, whose dream to ride on a giant swan resulted in her death. Maybe it is your way of telling us... to buy American.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    One of my rinks has birds nesting in the rafters routinely. There's usually bird nest bits and droppings on the ice below the nests. You learn to avoid those spots.
    One of the rinks here as a lot of hockey pucks up on the roof beams. At least they don't crap.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochelle View Post
    Wow, Morry -- thanks for sharing.

The "what would you do if birds are in the rink interrupting competition" sure would be a fun question to ask on the Referee exams for appointment. Imagine the answers...
    Multiple choice answers
    A. Stop the competition
    B. Let the competition continue but give extra points to the skater who ends up with the most bird crap on their head
    C. Give extra points to the skater who can make a feather boa out of what is dropped from the rafters
    D. Bring out the bagpipes
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    I remember that we had the World Jr Championships in Brisbane, little House Martin birds got into the building somehow and were swooping down on the ice to get water. It didn't cause any problems or delays. I think that, once the action started, the birds left. It was a nice incident.

vCash
    We had a squirrel doing laps around the ice at one of the rinks I frequent. At least he followed the public session rules and ran in a counterclockwise direction. Sadly, he hid when the session was over and was not seen again until it was too late...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    We had a squirrel doing laps around the ice at one of the rinks I frequent. At least he followed the public session rules and ran in a counterclockwise direction. Sadly, he hid when the session was over and was not seen again until it was too late...
    that must have been quite a sight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    that must have been quite a sight!
    Oh, it was. There was one other skater there and she was practically
    I was a little concerned for the poor little guy because I feared that rink management's solution would be to off him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123