vCash

Sinitsina/Zhiganshin Cheer/Fan Thread

I think there are a few of us on these boards who like this couple as much as I do. I see so much potential in them. She especially seems a throwback to that classic Russian diva style. If she reminds me of anyone, it's Marina Anissina. They did incredibly well in their Euros debut and I'm so glad they made the Sochi team. What do they think of this couple in Russia? For me, they have the most potential of ANY of the Russian dancers. With a really good technical coach, I see them winning gold in 2018.

So let's raise our glasses in a digital toast -

3 Cheers for S/Z!

May they and do REALLY well in Sochi.

And here's to hoping they fulfill their potential and become major in the world of ice dance!

vCash
    I like them. It's cool that both Nelli Zhiganshina and Ruslan Zhiganshin will be competing at the Olympics together, albeit for different countries. I think S/Z could potentially be better than B/S and I/K someday.. maybe in four years..

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Count me in, I really like this pair and I hope they don't go the I/K route (Morozov + poor work ethics) and keep progressing. They are tremendously talented and I want to see them succeed.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    I like them too and Sistina reminds me of Anissina as well!
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Youngest ice dance team of the 2014 Olympics.

They have skating skills to challenge Bobrova/Soloviev and Ilinykh/Katsalapov at 2018. I'm glad russian judges didn't held them back for Riazanova/Tkachenko.

vCash
    Me too. I wanted them to make the Worlds team last year, and when they didnt I was so disappointed. I was afraid the Nat judges would put R/T ahead of them again.