Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    I am over the moon on this girl's skating. She skates big, and with so much confidence. I think her exhibition piece is charming and in the aftermath of SC, so appropriate .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Just saw her on the local news. They were at the airport to greet her return to Edmonton. She`s hoping for another Grand Prix and if not, she`s focusing on the Challenge event in Saskatchewan. And she`s taking a week off from skating. She seems grounded and focused.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I am over the moon on this girl's skating. She skates big, and with so much confidence. I think her exhibition piece is charming and in the aftermath of SC, so appropriate .
    This young lady will go places given time.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I agree! I just watch the ladies and I am so happy for her. I love her skating and hope she continues to do very well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I agree. Never in the world of figure skating has a skater's marks been bumped up because of that skater's reputation.
    Of course they aren't Peter, what ever could you be thinking?

While I realize that it could be different posters, I find it funny that "we" complain about well known skaters being held up and then "we" turn around and say that an unknown skater shouldn't get high PCS because they aren't well known or established. In general I find that we tend to agree with the PCS marks when skaters we like do well, and disagree with the PCS marks when skaters we don't really like beat our favourites. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone, but it does happen. There was nothing in the original post I quoted about why KO's PCS were too high other than the fact that she was relatively unknown.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Also - people complain about the PCS marks not being separated - but when KO gets high marks for Performance and Interpretation at Skate Canada people cry out that she is not in the same league as Suzuki and that her marks are laughable.
    This even though Akiko's SS marks were higher and even though at least some people who saw them live said KO skated much bigger, faster and projected / sold the program better.

vCash
    I agree that KO had good performance/execution and interpretation. But Suzuki should have had a further lead in skating skills, transitions and choreography.

vCash
    I read somewhere that Polina S will not be at NHK. will Kaetlyn now have a chance in Japan? Or will this spot be filled by someone else.

Just speculation only at this time.

vCash
    Osmond is in the group of 5 for the first alternates. Not sure if Shelpen was a host pick or an ISU assignment. Would Japan really want Osmond to go there after beating two of their skaters at SC? My bet is on Nagasu from US to get selected. But there is still the chance that Czisny may not go. Would like to see Osmond get a chance at GPF and show that her scores at SC were not inflated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I read somewhere that Polina S will not be at NHK. will Kaetlyn now have a chance in Japan? Or will this spot be filled by someone else.

Oh dear I hope Polina is not seriously injured. She was visibly limping at SC and her trainwreck performances surely had to have been attributable, at least somewhat, to a physical ailment of sorts. If Alissa also withdraws maybe Mirai and Kaitlyn will get to go!

vCash
    Polina S's issues are not just about jumps. Her programs, her skating, her posture etc are all disastrous.

But I digress. If she withdraws from NHK, Osmond is the obvious choice, but just like Nagasu got passed over several times for TEB, I am not so sure the strongest out of the 5 alternates would be picked, and that's just sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Polina S's issues are not just about jumps. Her programs, her skating, her posture etc are all disastrous.

But I digress. If she withdraws from NHK, Osmond is the obvious choice, but just like Nagasu got passed over several times for TEB, I am not so sure the strongest out of the 5 alternates would be picked, and that's just sad.
    ITA. She should be given another GP assignment, but it sounds like Osmond and her team have their heads on straight and are preparing for the season either way.

vCash
    I read somewhere that Polina S will not be at NHK.
    Can you provide a link or source please?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Can you provide a link or source please?
    Tatyana flade twitter

vCash

This is where I think Skate Canada will earn their pay. As I said previously in the Kaetlyn Osmond thread on the main board. I think Skate Canada does the best job of promoting their skaters and making sure they place them in positions to succeed. No one could of foretold that Kaetlyn would come out of no where and win the Skate Canada grand prix, but in the world of skating. There is politics within the federations. And Skate Canada in essence gave Japan a free chance to take the ladies grand prix and get those crucial points for the final. With the exception of Kaetlyn's surprise win, Japan came out of Skate Canada with Aikiko and Kanako getting silver and bronze and key points for the final.

If Skate Canada were to submit Kaetlyn's name forward, the Japan Skate Federation would be hard pressed to refuse Kaetlyn because Skate Canada gave the Japanese skaters easy slots to win medals in their grand prix. Its the federations themselves that decide which skater skates at their grand prix, so Skate Canada scratched the Japanese back and even with Kaetlyn winning Skate Canada, the Japanese may be forced to return the favor despite not being too thrilled about it.

We'll see if I am anywhere close to this hunch.

vCash
    It's a good hunch Tracer, but I would be very much surprised if it happened. Then again, I hope I'm surprised
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Tatyana flade twitter
    Thank you. I've posted this reliable hearsay info in the GP Alternates thread in GSD.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Shelepen has still not been formally withdrawn. Perhaps Russia is waiting until it's too late for a replacement. That would ensure Osmond doesn't make the GPF.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Shelepen has still not been formally withdrawn. Perhaps Russia is waiting until it's too late for a replacement. That would ensure Osmond doesn't make the GPF.
    oh those russians!!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Been a long time I last heard this song!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast