Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    "Nebelhorn champ Osmond steps up her game": http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Happily succumbing to the FSU productivity virus.
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    "Nebelhorn champ Osmond steps up her game": http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Nice article and great that her coach Ravi Walia and choreographer Lance Vipond gets some additional coverage. I remember Ravi Walia when he was still competing men's singles and happy for him that he's making it as a coach.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Goodness I hope this talented youngster doesn't get the "Gracie Gold" treatment from the media in terms of hype. Looking forward to her performances at Skate Canada.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    Reading the interview and what Osmond, her coach Ravi, and choreographer Lance are saying, it seems they have a plan and are sticking to it. They are away from the "hype" centers in Edmonton. Both Ravi and Lance were Senior competitors. Seems like they are a good match and keeping things calm and in check.
    Last edited by hohoho; 10-12-2012 at 06:30 PM.

vCash
    I believe Osmond remains the only Canadian lady qualified for worlds with the minimum TES scores. Lacoste has SCI and CoC. I would assume 4CC. Has any of the Canadian JGP ladies attained the scores require for JW, 4CC, or Worlds?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    I believe Osmond remains the only Canadian lady qualified for worlds with the minimum TES scores. Lacoste has SCI and CoC. I would assume 4CC. Has any of the Canadian JGP ladies attained the scores require for JW, 4CC, or Worlds?
    Yes, all three of them have met the JW minimums and 4CC minimums.

Daleman has met the SP minimum for Worlds at Germany and just missed the FP minimum at both of her events, but she is too young for Worlds or 4CC anyway, as she needed to be 15 by July 1 (and won't be until this coming January). Chartrand met the FP minimum at both of her events, but just missed the SP minimum in Croatia. She could have another chance if she were to attend either Jr. Worlds or 4CC. I don't think Seguin has met either Worlds minimum, but again could have a shot at either Jr. Worlds or 4CC if named to one of those teams. Lacoste has also met the SP minimum, so she has at least two shots to get the FP minimum (3 if named to 4CC)...and of course, would need to beat Osmond to actually get to Worlds.

vCash
    I believe it is very much a given that Osmond and Lacoste go to 4CC. They seem to be the only two seniors SC are investing in especially when SC gives a host spot to Russia at SCI. Osmond already has TES for worlds and in her first GP. So really no stress. Lacoste requires the TES and I would think want to place ahead of Osmond to get confidence going into Nationals. Should be interesting. Hopefully Osmond/Lacoste can put on a better show than Lacoste/Phaneuf at 4CC.

Lacoste had her mistakes in SLC. I find the scores there inflated (especially when looking at Gracie Gold scoring). Osmond was second out of the gate at Nebelhorn and a relative unknown and held onto 2nd in the short. Same in the freeskate, she was second in the last flight with medal contenders following. So I don't think she had the benefit of score inflation as much as SLC.

vCash
    New Kaetlyn Osmond article in the Edmonton Journal (I'm cross-posting the link in the Skate Canada previews/articles thread): http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...762/story.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Kaetlyn was impressive in her practice. Good luck to her. Hope she will medal here. Kaetylyn, go
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Ditto ^^^^
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Kaetlyn had a wonderful short - best of luck to her in the long
    GO KAETLYN - your very first GP too.

vCash
    Why am I not shocked? I think it's because I think this young lady has competition nerves..........Good luck to her in her long program. She shows such joy in her skating.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Every pundit has been talking about the young Russian phenoms coming out with Gracie Gold joining that conversation. I think its fairly safe to say not many saw Kaetlyn's name be thrown in that conversation. I think that is going to change now, at just 16yrs, she is younger then some of those same skaters that everyone is talking about. Even if she doesn't win Skate Canada this year, she has already put her name out now as an up and coming skater.

vCash
    Here's Kaetlyn'SP Skate Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGaxjE_CyJo
    What a delightful young lady ... lots of zest in her skating. I think she has converted me into her fan.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Here's Kaetlyn'SP Skate Canada: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGaxjE_CyJo
    What a delightful young lady ... lots of zest in her skating. I think she has converted me into her fan.
    Joannie's successor! She really stole the show today in the SP; GREAT FOR HER! Wonderful flair and confidence and awesome amplitude on her jumps!

vCash
    She still has some things to work on but she already appears to be able to conquer her nerves and goes out to compete hungry to win. In this sport that is already half the battle.

vCash
    Is she the first skater from Newfoundland to skate on the Grand Prix Circuit? I know she's from Edmonton now, but I think she spent her childhood years in Newfoundland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Is she the first skater from Newfoundland to skate on the Grand Prix Circuit? I know she's from Edmonton now, but I think she spent her childhood years in Newfoundland.
    Joey Russell did during the Olympic season.

vCash
    How could I forget Joey Russell? Thanks for the correction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    She was 10 i believe when she moved to train but that is over half her life and i bet she considers herself a Newfie ..

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast