Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    I think Kaetlyn is fine with Ravi, she was injured this season so we can't really say how this second season compared, she didn't get a chance to compete and so she wasn't at peak form at the Olympics. As for her weight? Seriously? She's fine, she has a healthy looking body, not a skinny ballerina.

I think she can make top ten at World's, still.

vCash
    I vote against Frank Carroll, and for Ravi, also. She's fine where she is.

vCash
    A top ten finish is good. She has just recovered from injury so I am not expecting too much. I would rather that she heals well then rush and risk another injury.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    This girl has guts. She's overcome two significant injuries this year and competed well at the Olympics taking all that into consideration. She's a healthy 18 year old with no weight problem, and she's very strong. I like her look on the ice. She's quite tall as I stood next to her for a brief time and she's at least 2-3 inches taller than me which puts her at about 5'6" or so. She's no "pwetty pwincess" for sure and I like that about her. Here's hoping she's having her "peak" right now, and that her head's on straight .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Clarie,
    We are almost at 1000 think of a new title.

vCash
    I did not say she had a weight problem. When will people on here understand the distinction between skater weights and normal/non-skater weights? Ashley lost a few pounds after nationals. Nobody would say she had a weight problem then. The extra slimming still made her more competitive for the Olympics. Kaetlyn would not die from being a pound or two less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I did not say she had a weight problem. When will people on here understand the distinction between skater weights and normal/non-skater weights? Ashley lost a few pounds after nationals. Nobody would say she had a weight problem then. The extra slimming still made her more competitive for the Olympics. Kaetlyn would not die from being a pound or two less.
    If Kaetlyn does not have a "weight problem" how would she benefit from being a lb or 2 less? She looks great as she is; love her joie de vivre and I'd like to see her stay with Ravi.

vCash
    She could lose about 10 pounds actually, and I think it would help with her jumps. Her butt pulls her back in the air. It makes it harder to save her jumps.

vCash
    I do agree, she is an elite/professional athlete, not a girl in year 12 getting ready for the school ball. It doesn't seem that she is in peak condition.

vCash
    Yes, Emdee, we do need a new title...............I'm thinking lol. Perhaps the light bulbs will appear during worlds.......can't think of anything right now.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    She could lose about 10 pounds actually, and I think it would help with her jumps. Her butt pulls her back in the air. It makes it harder to save her jumps.
    WTF There is no way Kaetlyn could lose near 10 pounds.

If you'd seen the girl in person you'd realize that she'd be bones if she lost 10 pounds. She is puny. Could afford a couple pounds like Ashley did but sheesh some people have no clue.

How much do you weigh, missIronLady?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    I do agree, she is an elite/professional athlete, not a girl in year 12 getting ready for the school ball. It doesn't seem that she is in peak condition.
    No she isn't in peak condition she is coming off 2 injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Yes, Emdee, we do need a new title...............I'm thinking lol. Perhaps the light bulbs will appear during worlds.......can't think of anything right now.
    Come on Clarie....think think think.
    Maybe Spiky will have a suggestion..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Well there you go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Yes I agree. Hence she could be thinner.

vCash
    Yes I agree. Hence she could be thinner.
    Peak condition does not necessarily translate to being thinner. Actually I've seen some people, who when at their physical peak, actually look larger because of their muscle mass.

I like the way she looks. IIRC, she's already hit the puberty monster and has mostly settled into her "adult" female body. She looks healthy and ready to compete. Good luck at Worlds. You go girl.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I have a SERIOUS problem with people going on the internet and criticizing the weight of skaters in particular. These skaters you talk about read these forums, and so do other skaters who will compare themselves to the aforementioned skaters, and so do hundreds of regular everyday people. Skaters are very prone to disordered eating already, they don't need crazy cat ladies on the internet criticizing their weight. Hundreds of girls will read the posts above and think "Oh dear Kaetlyn is much skinnier than me and people on the internet are telling her she needs to lose 10 pounds, well what about me?"

My sister is a (now former) promising competitive figure skater who suffers from an eating disorder that took her out of the sport completely. She starved herself so thin to the point where it was not just her skating in jeopardy, it was her life. These issues are real, and they exist at all levels of skating and obviously beyond skating aswell. Think about that before you post about skaters' weights.
    Last edited by cbd1235; 03-23-2014 at 01:50 AM.

vCash
    She could lose about 10 pounds actually, and I think it would help with her jumps. Her butt pulls her back in the air.
    This statement is beyond ridiculous, if not nonsensical. WTF does "her butt pull[ing] her back in the air" mean? You have obviously never seen her skate, or jump, in person.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Kaetlyn may be a D student in the John Curry School of Ice Ballet, but by the same token John could not have pulled off the juicy exuberance of "Mambo" or commandful sway of "Sweet Charity". She holds her own with her own style and that's why we like her.

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    ?? ??

She looks fine the way she is. She's in good shape, and certainly isn't overweight.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast