Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that costs was an issue for her. Where can you donate money? Is Buttle expensive too? I would also like to see her work with Rohene Ward. I think she'd work well with him.
    It was discussed on a segment CBC did on her last year that aired during Worlds I think - that at the beginning of each season Ravi sits down with the family and lays out the expenses for the year and determines what competitions they could afford. She must get some extra funding now but she's not in the same league as those choreographers.

vCash
    What about Shae Lyn? Does she do choreo for ladies? or is that a stupid question?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Shae Lynn did choreo for Akiko (her West Side Story comes to mind). And the comparisons between Akiko and Kaetlyn have been raised, so I like that idea too.

vCash
    Shae Lynn did choreo for Akiko (her West Side Story comes to mind). And the comparisons between Akiko and Kaetlyn have been raised, so I like that idea too.
    I like Shae's choreo, so I also like this idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Dubreil and Lausanne waitressed in summer to put them through their training.
    As an Olympian KO may get some support now.
    As I recall, she receives some sponsorship from a legal firm. However, I don't know how much.

vCash
    Well, at least she has a chance to earn some decent $$$ doing all of CSOI this year. I'm sure she'll be a huge asset. She's such a "star" . Not that she really needs to elevate her performance skills, but it will be a valuabe experience for her too, as well as taking some of the financial burden off her parents.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    The law firm is Cassels Brock, and she's also sponsored by Mosaic Energy. I doubt that either of these sponsorships is that large.

vCash
    Good luck in the free, Kaetlyn! A bit nervous today, but understandable. Let it fly, tomorrw.

vCash
    Why was her last spin only called at a level 1?

vCash
    Disappointed for Katelyn today. I always want to see her skate well as I find her to be one of the most interesting/entertaining skaters in the field. Hope she can finish strong tomorrow.

ETA: clarie, Shae-Lynn Bourne also choreographed Ashley Wagner's current SP.

vCash
    Lets hope our Kaetlyn and Gaby have great skates and can move up in the standings. I sure hope she can crack the top 10.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Shae also did choreo for Ashley Wagner, including her Pink Floyd SP.

vCash
    Oh, I didn't know that costs was an issue for her. Where can you donate money? Is Buttle expensive too? I would also like to see her work with Rohene Ward. I think she'd work well with him.
    Last night on CBC they were discussing two programs online where people could donate money to help with the expenses athletes and their families have to face. I tried to jot them down - I think "make a chance" and "pursue it". The way the described it - an athlete would outline a specific purpose for the request - eg. training, wanting to participate in a competition, equipment - and the amount they need. They mentioned some athlete who had knit and sent hats for people who donated to her as a thank you. They also mentioned "crowd funding" but that might be a US site for their athletes.
    pug lover

vCash
    She is still young , but I really hope Kaetlyn could soon prove to be a good competitor. I'm not convinced that she is one, yet.

vCash
    I hope Kaetlyn and Gabby can do better at Worlds. 13 + 16 = 29, back down to one spot for 2015. Luckily a few Olympic competitors will probably skip it.

vCash
    Well skated until she got tired at the end. Love the program. Would have had her 1 or 2 places higher in free but on the Worlds where we hope skater's get their fair chance with marks.

vCash
    I've tried to like this year's LP, but I still much prefer Carmen to Cleopetra. Carmen was such a beautiful program when skated to its potential and the performance just came so naturally for her.

vCash
    I think she had a longer time to practice in 2012 with an injury free season and she was so trained by the fall.
    This year with the injury she lost a lot of time.

I was hoping for top ten but not to be!

vCash
    I thought Kaetlyn did well today considering her lack of training. I hope she gets a good rest for Worlds!

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Shae Lynn would be a great choreographer for her! I think her programs need a little bit more work on that front and I think Shae would be a good fit for Kaetlyn.

Also good to come to her cheer thread as on some forums there is such vitriol towards her and it's so baffling to me that a second-level skater is on the receiving end of such hate and mockery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    Also good to come to her cheer thread as on some forums there is such vitriol towards her and it's so baffling to me that a second-level skater is on the receiving end of such hate and mockery.
    Why, because she can actually perform? I also thought that she did well despite the lack of training. It is too bad that she had to go so early to Russia, it would have been to stay home and train, some goes with Gabby.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast