Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    It's too bad she had to miss them. I understand why, but is it sad
    Hopefully she will still be going strong in 2018 and can participate in the opening then.
    She does appear in a group photo titled "Opening Ceremony" wearing her jacket. Perhaps she did march, but became separated from Ravi.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-08-2014 at 05:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    It's not about the sponsors but the love of skating.
    Still going on about Ashley Wagner's sponsors are you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    USA fan here rooting hard for Kaetlyn and Akiko to shine in Sochi. These two Ladies make me smile and cheer wildly for them.

After Akiko retires I am glad Kaetlyn will be their to carry the torch for joyful, expressive skating.

Best of luck to both of these special Ladies.
    Now THIS, I can agree with They are the top 2 worlds best in this department, to the point that I am honoured to watch both skaters. My Olympics are living for these two (and then Virtue and Moir aswell). Good luck in the Team Short KO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    She does appear in a group photo titled "Opening Ceremony" wearing her jacket. Perhaps she did march, but became separated from Ravi.
    I hope that’s the case. Marching in the Opening Ceremonies is such a big part of the Olympic experience. I can’t see Ravi participating if she wasn’t going to be there too. Here’s the team photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf4xX2sCQAEuFQQ.jpg:large She looks good in red.

So she skates first today which is probably not so good for her PCS but might be good for her nerves. Definitely will be good for my nerves because I’ll be at the hairdresser when she’s on the ice. Good luck Kaetlyn!!! Go out there and !
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post

I hope that’s the case. Marching in the Opening Ceremonies is such a big part of the Olympic experience. I can’t see Ravi participating if she wasn’t going to be there too. Here’s the team photo: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bf4xX2sCQAEuFQQ.jpg:large She looks good in red. ...
    Depends on whether it was Ravi's first Olympics also. However if Kaetlyn was busy training, Ravi would likely have been with her.

Hmmmm, I did see Camerlengo, Christy Krall, and Kathy Johnson marching. Except for Camerlengo, none of the other coaches were near their skaters.

vCash
    Good luck to KO and the team tonight.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    That was great!!

vCash
    AWESOME! KO made it look easy! How can you not love her?

vCash
    That was terrrific......so happy for her to nail everything.........questioning her marks though........does anyone think they were a tad low?

Here's hoping she can skate lights out in her singles comps....just like she did here.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Excellent skate from Katelyn. Great competitor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    That was terrrific......so happy for her to nail everything.........questioning her marks though........does anyone think they were a tad low?

Here's hoping she can skate lights out in her singles comps....just like she did here.
    I expected higher as well. But an awesome skate!

vCash
    Good for Kaetlyn. Apparently she nearly bested Wagner.
    I have not seen her skate yet (just the scores), but she has score about 65ish PB.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-08-2014 at 05:35 PM.

vCash
    Great skate a little low in marks but she did her job on the team.

vCash
    Wonderful skate for Osmond and if she'd skated later she would have been ahead of Wagner. But still a good placement. Julia's seemed a little high to me - thought she was off balance in places. I would have had the top two reversed.

vCash
    She lights up the rink! I just love that girl.
    pug lover

vCash
    Kaetlyn i s lovely and quite a performer!

vCash
    Great performance!!!!

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    I agree she did a great short program, no sign of nerves at all! I think if she hadn't skated first she would have ended up a little higher.. Hope she has a great experience..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    It seems Kaetlyn was chosen for a random doping test earlier in the day:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...-test-in-sochi

I'm all for anti-doping, but I don't think they should be unexpectedly testing athletes on a competition day before the competition. Elite athletes likely have their competition days meticulously planned out. Luckily Kaetlyn had the mental fortitude not to be thrown by a change in schedule, but some athletes likely would be affected by it.

Anyway, great skate from Kaetlyn.

vCash
    Wow wtf?

vCash
    So proud of Kaetlyn for laying down a good Team short and with the 3rd highest TES of the ladies field (WTG); this bodes well for her future and hopefully another good solid skate in the team free might actually help to bump up her PCS in the individual competition, where the pressure will ease off so she can skate with more of her usual abandon and joy!

I really Loved Carolina's SP, it was much better than the sp she skated at Euro's, yeah, yeah, I know it was not as technically difficult as Lip's, but it was a beautiful and MATURE performance that I really appreciated.

Julia a tad overscored but not unexpected, given as both she and Sotnikova have been hyped for OLY medals all season! Folks want to believe a Russian would be no better than bronze, citing PCS would work magic for older contender's - not quite true when you have home ice advantage and some major politicking going for you. Writing for Kostner was on Euro results wall...Asada landing 3a looking to be more risk than reward now, but ya never know she could get lucky now that she has had an OLy runthrough to get out the jitters, and for Mao it's not so much about just adding to her already impressive hardware collection; it is all about winning gold this time. Thus staying in her comfort zone, skating safe to guarantee a medal just doesn't cut it, it's all or nothing.

Still a major obstacle to the ladies crown has yet to be seen and the individual events may hopefully be a bit more evenly scored, but I think at this point Queen Yuna may be the only lady capable of holding off the Russians.

In any case I am even more impressed by Osmond now given the circumstances...

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast