Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kaetlyn looks "starstruck" lol. I suspect she's enjoying herself amid the excitement of just being there.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    How exciting for her!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    That's adorable. She is a lot of fun, I think a medal in the team event could do wonders for her confidence going into the individual.. who knows? I do like her, and I'm here because everyone seems to be forgetting about her. Her skates at Nationals really surprised me, my opinion on the SP is it's a little cheap-feeling compared to last year in terms of choreography, concept, and how she pulls off the interpretation (but still competitive), really liking the long though! I think she's in for the experience of her life.

vCash
    Joannie tweeted Kaetlyn looks happy and confident.

https://twitter.com/joannierochette/...99619892678657

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wow.. sounds fun smarts1. And thanks for letting us know. We wish we are there too. Did you see Kaetlyn?
    Nope Kaetlyn wasn't with him because he was actually outside with a coach. They were doing a little bit of sightseeing. Does anyone remember his name lol?

Other people thought he was an athlete until I told him he was a coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    Nope Kaetlyn wasn't with him because he was actually outside with a coach. They were doing a little bit of sightseeing. Does anyone remember his name lol?

Other people thought he was an athlete until I told him he was a coach.
    Ravi Walia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Ravi Walia
    Thanks! I was trying so hard to remember what his name was lol.

vCash
    Go Kaetlyn! She has to be seen live to really appreciate her qualities; the best way to explain it is that she seems to radiate an exuberant energy, a competitive sparkle, and an exhibitionistic type of joy together with a killer smile that just draws you in! Big high jumps were done with speed. Her LP dress under the arena lights looks 100x more stunning in person too, a future star in the making, I think. What impressed me the most from Nationals was her diversity; after her upbeat jazzy, and temptress competitive programs, she then brought out a whole new graceful and mature side during her gala performance. I felt that her overall artistry (but arm movements in particular) have definitely improved over the last season. My hope is that she has a positive Olympic experience; one she can build upon and that she can turn some heads, gain some new fans, and that she can help keep momentum up for a medal in the team event.

vCash
    To add to what Debrah said...

What impressed me about Kaetlyn at Nationals was that she has a that competitive instinct that can't be taught. She was not having the best warmups before both the SP and LP: she doubled some jumps, missed her combo etc. It was my first time seeing her live so I was worried for her performance. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. When it came time for her to compete, she nailed everything and you'd have no idea she had such awful warmups. Although Gabby was doing her best to out-skate everyone on the ice during the warmup, Kaetlyn still grabbed my attention whenever she was on the ice. She has a natural stage presence that not many skaters have. I'm so excited for the world to get to know Kaetlyn. There are other promising up-and-comers beyond the Russian babies and Gracie Gold, y'all!

vCash
    Kaetlyn Osmond - Marystown

https://vimeo.com/86104793

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunhead View Post
    To add to what Debrah said...

What impressed me about Kaetlyn at Nationals was that she has a that competitive instinct that can't be taught. She was not having the best warmups before both the SP and LP: she doubled some jumps, missed her combo etc. It was my first time seeing her live so I was worried for her performance. It turns out I had nothing to worry about. When it came time for her to compete, she nailed everything and you'd have no idea she had such awful warmups. Although Gabby was doing her best to out-skate everyone on the ice during the warmup, Kaetlyn still grabbed my attention whenever she was on the ice. She has a natural stage presence that not many skaters have. I'm so excited for the world to get to know Kaetlyn. There are other promising up-and-comers beyond the Russian babies and Gracie Gold, y'all!
    Love that killer instinct you mentioned here. It bodes well for her future!!

vCash
    Best of Luck Kaetlyn in your first Olympics! You'll do great!

vCash
    USA fan here rooting hard for Kaetlyn and Akiko to shine in Sochi. It's not about the sponsors but the love of skating. These two Ladies make me smile and cheer wildly for them.

After Akiko retires I am glad Kaetlyn will be their to carry the torch for joyful, expressive skating.

Best of luck to both of these special Ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLucky View Post
    USA fan here rooting hard for Kaetlyn and Akiko to shine in Sochi. It's not about the sponsors but the love of skating. These two Ladies make me smile and cheer wildly for them.

After Akiko retires I am glad Kaetlyn will be their to carry the torch for joyful, expressive skating.

Best of luck to both of these special Ladies.
    Kanako Murakami has that same joy. Unfortunately she tends to underrotate.
    It is such a pleasure to see that joy. Patrick had it when he was younger too and you can see it in his ex number this year.

vCash
    I guess Kaetlyn didn't march in the opening ceremony due to the team event. At least I did not see her. I saw Ravi walking next to Kevin Reynolds. There was also Alexandra, Mitch, and Camerlengo. I saw Gabby, Rudi & Paige, Meagan & Eric, Liam Firus, and I think Christy Krall. If Kaetlyn was there, I expect she would have been somewhere near Ravi.

ETA: add Patrick Chan to that list.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-08-2014 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Watched a segment on CBC Newsworld. Apparently, she's only athlete from NFLD to go to the Games so a lot of attention focused on her there. A reporter was with Kaetlyn's grandparents, who were expecting to see her at the Ceremony. I guess it never dawned on them that she was very likely not going to attend due to the team competition.

vCash
    It's too bad she had to miss them. I understand why, but is it sad
    Hopefully she will still be going strong in 2018 and can participate in the opening then.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    I hope Kaetlyn skates her solid programs with no nerves and surprises everyone of her naysayers. She can surpass her expectations and those of many others if she does that..........remember Skate Canada.....she earned that one fair and square. I hope she skates with joy and abandon.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I hope Kaetlyn skates her solid programs with no nerves and surprises everyone of her naysayers. She can surpass her expectations and those of many others if she does that..........remember Skate Canada.....she earned that one fair and square. I hope she skates with joy and abandon.
    I second that!

vCash
    I hope Kaetlyn goes out on the ice and has a blast!
    Crazy about sports!

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast