Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

vCash
    What a great "comeback" for Kaetlyn. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She has such charisma, and looked stunning in her LP costume. Here's hoping she does well in Sochi. With her attitude, I don't see why not.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Catching up a bit and came across this: Defending champion Osmond shakes off injury to take lead after women's short program

The injuries, she said Friday, became blessings in disguise, particularly the torn hamstring.

"It has actually helped my training because it hurt to fall, so I had to learn perfect technique," Osmond said, "and it hurt when I had the wrong technique because my leg was swinging off to the side."
    Interesting how a little bit of pain can go a long way in fixing bad habits. Seriously though, she looked great at Nats. Her overall skating has improved from last year, and her jumps are better than ever. No sign of the injuries at all. Had to laugh, several of us in the first couple of rows of my section had cameras, and as she skated by near the end of her SP she looked up and flashed a brilliant smile right at us. It’s a shame she wasn’t able upgrade her technical content as planned, but I think a top 10 finish at the Olympics is reasonable for her. Hopefully she has a great experience.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    And she's off to Sochi as of tomorrow: Sherwood Park’s Kaetlyn Osmond receives Olympic send-off

“She’s prepared. She’s skating really well and I think it’s going to be a really amazing experience for her,” said Kaetlyn’s coach Ravi Walia.
    What really struck me is how calm and mature she sounds in the interviews. The teenager who was bouncing off the walls in Ottawa now has her game face on. She just might put a scare into a few people.

vCash
    Why is this thread so quiet???? Next to Akiko she is the most charming and natural lady performer we have. And I believe that short program will bring the house down in Sochi. Definite final flight material. Let's go Kaetlyn

On a related note, is there a chance she'll receive a vocal deduction for that SP?

Kostner Softie
    vCash
    Kaetlyn is definitely the one I'm most excited to see in Sochi after Kostner and Asada. Seeing her live in Ottawa last month was unforgettable, the natural charisma and stage presence she has comes once in a blue moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    Why is this thread so quiet???? Next to Akiko she is the most charming and natural lady performer we have. And I believe that short program will bring the house down in Sochi. Definite final flight material. Let's go Kaetlyn

On a related note, is there a chance she'll receive a vocal deduction for that SP?
    These words could have all came out of my mouth (fingers? typing? haha!). She is totally my No.2 lady behind Akiko for performance factor and that extra special something. And just earlier today I was watching her SP and worried she might get a deduction for vocals. As far as I know, there has to be audible words for a deduction to be employed. is "whoa" a technical word for them, or are the singers using their voice as an instrument there? That will make the difference.

One thing we do know is that she didn't get a deduction performing it at Skate Canada International

vCash
    Let's Go Kaetlyn!

She's so likable, charming, nice, and down-to-earth--everything our nationals winner isn't, quite frankly.

Can Kaetlyn switch to the US, so I can have another American lady to cheer on besides Wagner..?

Please

Anyways. Kick butt Kaetlyn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    One thing we do know is that she didn't get a deduction performing it at Skate Canada International
    That's still not very encouraging. But who cares I guess, as long as she

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    She's so likable, charming, nice, and down-to-earth--everything our nationals winner isn't, quite frankly.
    You know both Kaetlyn and Gracie ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Siouxs View Post
    But who cares I guess, as long as she
    Yeah..... go Kaetlyn. Kick as hard as you can.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I love her joyful, positive attitude, and it translates onto the ice. She is a joy to watch. I hope she enjoys her Olympic experience and skates her best.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    She is a vivacious skater who brings her joy onto the ice. Besides drop dead gorgeous!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I love her joyful, positive attitude, and it translates onto the ice. She is a joy to watch. I hope she enjoys her Olympic experience and skates her best.
    I agree and the more I see of Kaetlyn the more I like her. Wishing her the best in Sochi.

vCash
    Lance Vipond is headed to Sochi. Choreographer shares Olympic spotlight

Now, Vipond is eagerly anticipating his trip to Sochi to watch Osmond take to the ice. He will be in the crowd cheering with the young woman's parents.

Vipond said he is confident Osmond will skate a terrific program at the Olympics and will wow the crowds.

“Kaetlyn is such a performer and actress on ice. She has a magnetic personality. She will electrify the audience,” he said.

vCash
    I like her because to me she is a breath of fresh air in Ladies Skating, especially Canadian women's skating with her consistence and attack. I love that she combines a sassy personality with good technical skills. She also has grace but she separates herself from those classic female skaters with her style.

It is going to be a battle to beat all those Russian girls but I think she can improve so much in the next quad. I feel like she has a bit of the speed of Caro, the sass of Lipinski or Bauil and the an elegance like Witt or Kerrigan.

Gabby Daleman is exciting as well.

vCash
    I'm not expecting a lot from her, but I am interested in seeing how Osmond gets marked if she skates to her abilities. I fully expect the marks to be downgraded a bit in order to keep others up, especially in the team competition.

vCash
    I believe one of her strengths you cannot buy is a competitive mind set. She has shown a number of times now that she can be the underdog and shine, she can handle the pressure of expectation and go for it, she can come back after a less then stellar short and sparkle. After not having a great lead up season due to injury, and attempting to repeat as Canadian champion, she looked to be having a blast during her short program. After seeing her live, I felt she really did light up the arena even more then you can appreciate on television. It is always sad to see the skaters that leave it all on the practice ice and Kaetlyn is not one of those, fortunately. When you are watching skater after skater stress and worry their way through their programs, she is a breath of fresh air.
    pug lover

vCash
    I saw Kaetlyn's coach yesterday! He waved to all of us and the other coach he was with took a ton of photos of us.

vCash
    Wow.. sounds fun smarts1. And thanks for letting us know. We wish we are there too. Did you see Kaetlyn?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Ravi's photo of Kaetlyn with Michelle Kwan & Evan Lysachek: https://twitter.com/ravi7walia/statu.../photo/1/large

Michelle looks great!

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast