Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    Osmond skated much better in the free skate at the Challenge, same jump layout as last year, doubled the second flip and singled the second axel. Other jumps were solid.
    Good for Kaetlyn!

Re-posting unofficial scores from the Challenge thread in Kiss and Cry:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniskates93 View Post
    Osmond scores 118.96 for a total of 169.95
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes, in the free skate she looked like she was back on the road towards where she wants to be.

I enjoyed the free skate. It shows off her speed and power in a way that last year's free skate did not do.

vCash
    http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201.......That's great and sounds like her head is in a good place and the injury is pretty much behind her.
    Addicted to FSU

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Fixed clarie's article link : http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ada-challenge/
    Excerpt:
    Because she still isn’t 100-per-cent healthy, Osmond and her coach, Ravi Walia, took out a triple jump and changed one of her double axels at the end of her free program to a single axel. They’ve also changed two of her spins as “precautionary measures for my leg.”

“We’re hoping by nationals I’ll definitely have all my jumps in and, hopefully, my regular spins in,” she said.

Osmond said her injured leg didn’t bother her at all during the competition.

“It was perfect all weekend,” she said. “I was being more cautious and not letting the excitement of the competition take over and make me do something I normally wouldn’t do. It survived the weekend and I was just excited to get to my long program.”
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    It shows off her speed and power in a way that last year's free skate did not do.
    Yes. Me likey this program very much. Definitely a step forward.

I was also particularly pleased with her improved control. You can see her consciously correcting her mistakes from the SP and remembering to bring her free side around on her jump landings. She wasn't really able to do that last season.

This made me chuckle:

“People that I’ve talked to absolutely loved the program and my dress,” she said. “That whole program is my favourite program ever.”
    And just this past spring she was mourning the loss of her Carmen FP. Reminds you that she's still very much a teenager.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    I thought the lutz looked much improved. She didn't get an edge call and it looked like a clean outside edge to me...thoughts? She got GOE on it too.

vCash
    I agree on the lutz - I was actually surprised by how easy and clean it looked whereas last season it was kind of ugly even when she landed it. I'm glad to see that her season looks like it is back on track and to hear that she was pain-free as the short had been very concerning. Good decision by the team to simplify some of the program at the end because it was clear that stamina was an issue in the long with the lost training time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danafan View Post
    I thought the lutz looked much improved. She didn't get an edge call and it looked like a clean outside edge to me...thoughts? She got GOE on it too.
    She flutzed it! You can clearly see it on the streaming even that she didn't go to the outside edge. I don't know why the tech caller didn't call it?

vCash
    [QUOTE=sk8hrd;4075271]She flutzed it! You can clearly see it on the streaming even that she didn't go to the outside edge. I don't know why the tech caller didn't call it?[/QUOTE

She was on an outside edge. It is whether she jumped from an inside. Remember she skates in the opposite direction of many skaters.

vCash
    I love the fact that Kaetlyn seems to have such great competitive nerves. I really do sense that she loves to compete. She has found herself unexpectedly in first place after the short eg. last year's Skate Canada - and not gotten rattled. She handled the pressure of her first World's in Canada - only shot for earning Canada two ladies spots for the Olympics - and she handled that with confidence - skating a fantastic short and good long to finish top ten. She obviously chose to do Challenge even though she had a bye and after a less then stellar short - came blazing back in the long to capture the title. I don't think you can teach that - it is a gift.
    pug lover

vCash
    Absolutely true, puglover. Can't wait to see her at Nationals.

vCash
    Best of luck kaetlyn!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    I love the fact that Kaetlyn seems to have such great competitive nerves. I really do sense that she loves to compete. She has found herself unexpectedly in first place after the short eg. last year's Skate Canada - and not gotten rattled. She handled the pressure of her first World's in Canada - only shot for earning Canada two ladies spots for the Olympics - and she handled that with confidence - skating a fantastic short and good long to finish top ten. She obviously chose to do Challenge even though she had a bye and after a less then stellar short - came blazing back in the long to capture the title. I don't think you can teach that - it is a gift.
    Perfectly said puglover! To me, Ms. Osmond is a textbook example of a skater with the 'it' factor.

vCash
    Really glad to hear the freeskate went much better! Best of luck to Katelyn for Nationals.

vCash
    Kaetlyn Osmond posted her FS on her fan page on Facebook. Enjoy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Kaetlyn Osmond posted her FS on her fan page on Facebook. Enjoy
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/KaetlynO...75970219204843

Beautifully skated choreography. The maturity shown in the program is so far ahead of the other skaters in the competition.

vCash
    I liked that.......very impressive especially after coming off injury like she has. I sure am looking forward to Nats. WTG Kaetlyn!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    She really looks like she worked on her positions and extension over the summer

vCash
    What I can appreciate about KO is that her programs feel like a real program that builds and tells a story, pulling the audience with her. Some programs feel like an array of elements, simply paced through the program to maximize points without any regard for feeling like a complete piece. Kaetlyn and Lance Vipond have this nailed, so do choreographers like Pasquale Camerlengo as evidenced by his work with Akiko Suzuki.

Lots to be appreciated in Kaetlyn, wishing her a successful season.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Kaetlyn Osmond overcomes setbacks to debut stellar free program in Regina
    By Beverley Smith: http://skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/NewsDe...S/Default.aspx

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast