Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kaetlyn just skated her SP at Challenge, and it wasn't too good.

3t+3t-so, 3f<< fall, 2a-so. She's in 5th behind Daleman (61.25), Mallet, Chartrand and Seguin.

If she wasn't quite ready for her SP, the FS could be too much of a challenge for her.
    Last edited by euterpe; 12-07-2013 at 12:35 AM.

vCash
    Really sorry to hear that. Awful timing for Kaetlyn to be injured. She is a very promising skater, who has all the components to do well, I believe, when she's fit and uninjured. I hope she's not trying too much too soon.

O-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OliviaPug View Post
    Really sorry to hear that. Awful timing for Kaetlyn to be injured. She is a very promising skater, who has all the components to do well, I believe, when she's fit and uninjured. I hope she's not trying too much too soon.

O-
    Feel bad for her What Team Canadawill made without her at Team cometition?

vCash
    She has time before Nationals, and further time before Sochi. Best idea is for her to try and avoid injury!

There is no way that any other Canadian lady will be in the team event in Sochi. Osmond is relatively untested compared to world level competitors, but nothing like the "Junior up and comers". They have promise, but Kaetlyn has it factor and more experience. Not to mention she's established on the world level.

vCash
    I posted this in the Skate Challenge thread:
    I didn't want to say anything in case she was having a bad day but I saw her train at the mall on Monday on probably her last session of the day. She was working mainly on choreography but the few jumps that she did were all bad. Falls on the solo triple toe and then fall on the second toe if she managed to get the first one in. Turn out on double axels and triple flips that I saw. It almost seemed to me that she's still injured but again, I don't know.

I'll add that after one of her falls, she went off the ice and was gone for quite some time. Whoever suggested the injury maybe more serious could be onto something. I felt so bad for her, she looked discouraged and unhappy. Hopefully she's not pushing herself too hard.

vCash
    ((((((Kaetlyn))))) If someone could fill me in, does she need this qualifying event or is she just trying to test her programs?

vCash
    Seems like a strange decision to have her skate here then.

I wonder why she is so injury prone? Overtraining ? Bad luck?

vCash
    It doesn't sound very promising for her to be ready for Canadians. Is there any chance SC would name her to Sochi without her competing at Canadians? That would give her two months to train.

vCash
    It's a month to Nationals, and that's why I thought it wasn't a good idea for Kaetlyn to test her recovery by skating at Challenge. Her Challenge SP really wasn't any better than her SC SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by siouxdonym View Post
    ((((((Kaetlyn))))) If someone could fill me in, does she need this qualifying event or is she just trying to test her programs?
    She does not need to qualify for Nationals. She is the reigning national champion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    She does not need to qualify for Nationals. She is the reigning national champion.

Maybe that is what is holding her back. I call it the Canadian Syndrome where greatness means holding your own with the best of the world. Other national powers think greatness means being better than anyone else.

vCash
    I'm hoping the lack of training time could explain her skating at the moment and that maybe she just needs more time to get back into top shape. I think there's a good chance she can still do well at Nationals if it's a matter of training and not injury. A month is a long time to build back up if you're healthy and even if she could land 4 triples, it should be enough to go to Sochi (which would give her another month of training).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunabot View Post

Maybe that is what is holding her back. I call it the Canadian Syndrome where greatness means holding your own with the best of the world. Other national powers think greatness means being better than anyone else.
    Not sure what your point is. How does that relate to whether Kaetlyn has a bye to Nationals?

vCash
    I think her injury has affected her training.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    ...or too much celebrating at yesterdays birthday party

vCash
    Osmond places fifth in short program at Skate Canada Challenge

“She’s disappointed. She was expecting more from herself,” said Osmond’s coach, Ravi Walia. “But it was better for her to do that here than later in the year.
    “She just needs a little more training.”
    Yep and yep. This is a good indicator for her of where she's really at in her training. Plus, she's dealing with the added weight of being the reigning Canadian champion. That can be a heavy load - just ask Kirsten Moore-Towers. But Kaetlyn, like Kirsten, is a natural competitor, so hopefully this will fuel her desire to keep training hard. Let's see how she looks in the FP this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by rvi5 View Post
    ...or too much celebrating at yesterdays birthday party
    Maybe too much "root beer"? The legal drinking age in Alberta is 18....... (and I'm totally kidding)
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    She's just coming off 2 fairly serious injuries causing lots of training time lost. She's too hard on herself. She'll be fine if she stays healthy and can train smartly for Canadians.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Fact of the matter is, Rochette is still Canada's best female. Given her performance at the Pro-Am, Joannie would easily be the bes choice for Sochi. Is there any chance of convincing her to even give the team comp a try?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Fact of the matter is, Rochette is still Canada's best female. Given her performance at the Pro-Am, Joannie would easily be the bes choice for Sochi. Is there any chance of convincing her to even give the team comp a try?
    She has closed that door and so, should we.

Canadian ladies über
    vCash
    Osmond skated much better in the free skate at the Challenge, same jump layout as last year, doubled the second flip and singled the second axel. Other jumps were solid.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast