Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lovely dress!

Listening to her interview though and a partially torn hamstring doesn't sound good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    Lovely dress!

Listening to her interview though and a partially torn hamstring doesn't sound good
    I agree. I'm no expert but wouldn't it be better for her to skip her next GP stop and just let herself heal for Canadians?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Oh Shutterbug, thank you for the pics. I caught a brief glimpse while watching TV, but couldn't see the details. That is a gorgeous dress, and yes, very flattering. I'm assuming she actually did have a run-thru of her program without the jumps then. I glad to hear about the improvements in the LP
    Here's a video of one of Kaetlyn's FS run-throughs from SC:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPqw7H8yehQ

vCash
    n.m.

vCash
    A little more info on Kaetlyn's injury from Tracy Wilson's TSN blog: WILSON: REASONS FOR OPTIMISM FROM CANADA'S FIGURE SKATERS

Just when Kaetlyn Osmond thought she could begin her Olympic quest in earnest, she suffered another setback. Having missed a number of weeks due to an injured foot heading into Skate Canada, Kaetlyn woke up after the short program with a sore hamstring and was unable to compete in the free skate. The word is, she has tears in two tendons in her hamstring and will see limited ice and training time for the next 7-10 days, at which time it is expected to have healed. It adds up to a lot of training missed and can set up the cycle of overtraining to catch up and then reinjuring. She is young and has a bubbly personality so it will be tough to contain her. Kaetlyn has three weeks until her next Grand Prix and it is their plan that she will compete.
    In medical lingo, "tear" = "strain", and the severity of the strain is classified by grade. 7 - 10 days is the normal recovery period for a grade 1 (mildest) strain, so I'm guessing/hoping that it's not that serious. Ravi seems to be pretty good about pacing her training to ensure that she doesn't overdo it. Fingers crossed that all goes well and she is able to make it to Russia.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Re-posting:
    Quote Originally Posted by N_Halifax View Post
    An interview with Kaetlyn Osmond's choreographer Lance Vipond has been added: http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2013...ce-vipond.html.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Unfortunately, Kaetlyn has WD from Rostelecom Cup - link to the GP Assignments thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4047402

ETA that this was posted in the Canadian ladies über thread earlier today:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    Rumours swirling around ABNWTNUN sectionals this past weekend is that Kaetlyn has withdrawn from Rostelecom and will compete at challenge....she still appears on the ISU entry list however. We'll have to wait and see I guess!
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    With 4CCs in Taipei I am guessing that means she isn't going to compete internationally before Sochi? Her long program is still untested. Darn it.

vCash
    True but with all the ice time she has missed, this is probably the lesser of two evils.

vCash
    After watching Lawrence/Swiegers compete at SC & NHK with watered-down programs because of Paige's injury, I think this is probably a wise idea. There's no chance of her making the GPF, so why interrupt her treatment schedule to go overseas and skate programs that aren't fully trained? Competing at Challenge isn't the best way to get feedback on her FP, but at least she'll be able to skate it in front of a judging panel (albeit a slightly biased one ). If she does compete at Challenge, the senior women's events run on Dec. 6 & 7, 2013.

vCash
    There's always the Bavarian Open, lol! It's probably too close to the start of the team competition, but I think there will be an ISU caller and judging panel there. There are a couple of smallish internationals in Europe in late January, iirc.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Official withdrawal from Rostelecom Cup: http://www.skatecanada.ca/AboutUs/Ne...S/Default.aspx

On the positive side, at least she’s back on the ice.

vCash

vCash
    I read this article last night. It shows that the injury is much more serious than her team has led everyone to believe. I dated a sprinter, when I was younger, who had a tear in his hamstring and it took him over six months before he could sprint full out again. Every time it started to feel good with easy running, he would re-tear it when ever he tried to do full out sprints. Hope her recovery is fast, but I also hope she takes her time as well.

vCash
    She'll only be 22 in 2018. I hope her team makes the wisest decision and give the injury enough time to fully recover.

vCash
    Her best chance at an Olympic gold in her career will likely be the team event at this year's Olympics. No offence to the up and coming male skaters and dance teams, but I do not foresee such overwhelming champions like Chan and V&M in the near future.

vCash
    Heads up for anyone who plans to watch Kaetlyn compete at Challenge – she will skate her SP in Group 5 on Friday, Dec. 6/13. This is scheduled to start at 2:35 pm CST. The live streaming of the event is by subscription only. Here is a link to the sign up page for subscription: https://members.skatecanada.ca/membe....cfm?strLang=E

Kaetlyn’s most recent tweets have been sounding very positive, so hopefully she’ll be able to lay down 2 skates that she and Ravi will be happy with. I’m very much looking forward to seeing her FP skated with more content.

vCash
    I don't know why Kaetlyn is skating in this event when she doesn't have to. If she skates full out and reinjures herself, what will she have gained? Even if she doesn't reinjure herself, she will have taken an unnecessary risk.

Nationals is necessary. Challenge is not.

OTOH, I don't see why Amelie isn't skating here. This is a lower pressure event than Nationals and it wouldn't hurt her a bit to get more mileage on her programs and maybe feel a bit more comfortable out on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I don't know why Kaetlyn is skating in this event when she doesn't have to. If she skates full out and reinjures herself, what will she have gained? Even if she doesn't reinjure herself, she will have taken an unnecessary risk.

Nationals is necessary. Challenge is not.
    Probably to get some competitive mileage on her programs, something she has not been able to do this fall. Having only one summer outing before trying to qualify for the Olympics isn't usually the best strategy for a competitive skater.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Heads up for anyone who plans to watch Kaetlyn compete at Challenge – she will skate her SP in Group 5 on Friday, Dec. 6/13. This is scheduled to start at 2:35 pm CST. The live streaming of the event is by subscription only. Here is a link to the sign up page for subscription: https://members.skatecanada.ca/membe....cfm?strLang=E

Kaetlyn’s most recent tweets have been sounding very positive, so hopefully she’ll be able to lay down 2 skates that she and Ravi will be happy with. I’m very much looking forward to seeing her FP skated with more content.

2:35 pm CST should be about 3:35 pm EST. I will be on a commuter train heading home. I am not certain if I can get back in time. In any case, I guess we will learn tomorrow what condition she is in after the injury.

Good luck Kaetlyn, and happy birthday (turned 18 today).

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast