Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    Holy Smokes, Salome! *where's a Michelle icon when you need it*

Watch out world, Miss Osmond has it all, beauty/jumps/artistry/spins/et al. And once she puts it all together I predict a podium finish at Worlds, if not the top spot, not to mention the Olympics; never say never, and I'm not talking about the Team Event, wherein she'll walk away with an easy gold medal. Jmho.

vCash
    It's still "Cleopatra" according to the bio.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I knew it was too good to be true

vCash
    As long as Kaetlyn works on slowing down and smoothing out her movements, I think she'll be fine. At times she's a little all-over-the-place; if she's skating to Salome she's definitely going to draw comparisons to Michelle...it comes with the territory. Hopefully she's working on really refining her skating and adding that "ooze" effect...that's going to be crucial to pulling off this music. I wish her all the best. No one has pulled off Salome convincingly since Michelle. Most elite skaters don't bother using it for that reason, but I think Kaetlyn may have the charisma to pull it off...

We'll see...

vCash
    From Kaetlyn's fan page:

"Hi everyone! I just want to let everyone know how things are going....*A month ago, I started to feel pain in my left foot. The MRI results found a "stress reaction" in a bone in my foot. I haven't been able to skate much and have been in an air cast. I've been working with my trainer and have been biking,*swimming, and doing Pilates to keep active. I'm happy to say that my doctor just gave me the news that I can return to the ice. My coach and I have made a plan to get me back on track as soon as possible and I'm so excited to get back on the ice!!!*Thanks for all the nice messages and words of encouragement!

Kaetlyn**"

vCash
    Heal fast and well, Kaetlyn.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Oh my, the DL for this season is getting too long. . .
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Was Salome just entered by mistake on SC's site?

vCash
    New article in which Kaetlyn mentions she thought about withdrawing from Skate Canada: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/15/62973252
    When asked if she considered withdrawing from Skate Canada, she said, "We were contemplating it."

The injury has forced her to modify the technical elements of her short program. Originally, she had a triple flip-triple toe and a triple Lutz planned; she has changed the combination to a triple toe-triple toe, and the Lutz has been swapped out for a flip.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Does she really still train at the rink that's in a mall? She posted some pics on Twitter. I am amazed if that is truly where she does most of her practice.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Yes, the West Edmonton mall is her home base rink (Ice Palace FSC). It is the largest mall in North America, and a tourist attraction. She likely has plenty of spectators watching her daily, especially now that she has acquired national/international fame. Probably part of the reason why she is good at performing.
    Last edited by rvi5; 10-15-2013 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    My daughter skated at the Ice Palace for one year (and even had Ravi Walia as a coach!), and didn't mind skating in the mall at all. The ice level is lower than the main floor level, so it's not like shoppers are staring the skaters right in the face. They certainly do get comfortable 'performing' in front of people because that mall is rarely empty, especially at the times when the IP has ice!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    The Ice Palace FSC also uses ice at two other arenas in Edmonton, in addition to the mall. They are only on mall ice on Monday and Thursday. And Saturday morning for the younger skaters.

vCash
    Hi everyone,

I am mostly a lurker but once in while, when I feel compelled to, I post in some threads. I was just reading the recently updated ISU bios, and the one for Kaetlyn says "Salome" Dance of the Seven Veils for the FD. I know that the Skate Canada site still says Cleopatra but now I'm wondering if she changed her program after her time with Franck Caroll.

I really wasn't sure about the Cleopatra free, even though it was an early showing and she wasn't ready for the season. I would love to see her do Salome despite the Michelle Kwan connection.

Anyone heard anything

Barbie

vCash
    fsfann22 had posted that question earlier within this thread re: Salome on the Skate Canada site bio (post #680). I had checked the link at the time, and it did say Salome. The next day it switched to Cleopatra. I guess someone may have read the thread, and made the correction. Every article I have read about Kaetlyn mentions Cleopatra, including herself. I suspect there was an error, and the ISU site was never corrected.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Silly article about Osmond's short program

Is Kaetlyn "the Miley Cyrus of Canadian figure skating"?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Interview with Kaetlyn about her injury: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local...ID/2414849035/
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So, do you guys think Osmond will be injury-free by CoR?

vCash
    Interview with Kaetlyn about her injury: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Radio/Local...ID/2414849035/
    Thanks for sharing clarie. Good to hear that she should be back on the ice by next week. I was a little concerned when I noticed her gait was uneven during her warm up jogging, then when she left the practice with the team doctor right after her run through I started to really worry. Definitely a smart decision to withdraw.

What I’m not concerned about any longer though, is her Cleopatra FP. She mentioned that she worked on the choreo when she was off the ice with her ankle, and it’s obvious. Powerful program that shows off her strength and speed very well. And her new dress is just lovely. I typically don’t care for elaborate costumes, but this one is very flattering on her and very sparkly under the lights. I snapped a few photos:

http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/...3c26#h3968d8d5
    http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/...2c78#h18042c78
    http://skateshutterbug.zenfolio.com/...2c78#h12113c26
    Last edited by shutterbug; 10-30-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Oh Shutterbug, thank you for the pics. I caught a brief glimpse while watching TV, but couldn't see the details. That is a gorgeous dress, and yes, very flattering. I'm assuming she actually did have a run-thru of her program without the jumps then. I glad to hear about the improvements in the LP
    Addicted to FSU

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast