Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Ditch Cleopatra and bring back Carmen. This is not the year to try something subdued. The choreographer did not want to do the walk like an Egyptian clichés, but the LP needs a lot of work. I am sure that Frank Carroll will be brutally honest with her and mention her poor conditioning at the moment. Tons of run-throughs with him! I like her SP.

vCash
    I don't love the costume SP, but I think the program itself has a lot of potential. I think she needs colour for the SP.

I don't love her LD music choice or construction. The music and choreography appeared very bland. Isn't this the same music Cynthia Phaneuf used for her Olympic season? Well it's still early and I'm sure her team will iron out any issues.

vCash
    Yes Carroll will be honest with her and that's good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by honey View Post
    According to The Skating Lesson last week, Frank Carroll.
    This will be a very good thing for her, not just to get another perspective on her skating, but also to give her a chance to train with other skaters at her level. We don’t think of her as skating in isolation because she’s out in public so much, but there aren’t really any other elite skaters at Ice Palace right now. Who all is Frank working with at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkbiggestfan View Post
    I am sure that Frank Carroll will be brutally honest with her and mention her poor conditioning at the moment.
    Very doubtful that she’s out of shape at all. Skate Canada routinely monitors their athletes’ fitness levels with objective testing. More likely just a combination of new programs and crappy video. I think they grabbed one of the rink guys to run the camera.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    This will be a very good thing for her, not just to get another perspective on her skating, but also to give her a chance to train with other skaters at her level. We don’t think of her as skating in isolation because she’s out in public so much, but there aren’t really any other elite skaters at Ice Palace right now. Who all is Frank working with at the moment?
    Is Kaetlyn going to be coached by Frank Carroll? I couldn't find reports on that?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Very doubtful that she’s out of shape at all. Skate Canada routinely monitors their athletes’ fitness levels with objective testing. More likely just a combination of new programs and crappy video. I think they grabbed one of the rink guys to run the camera.
    I don't think you can blame the camera guy for all the failed jumps. She's clearly very early in her training cycle, and not anywhere near that of the other Canadian ladies (with the exception of Lacoste).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Is Kaetlyn going to be coached by Frank Carroll? I couldn't find reports on that?
    I think she is only going to work with him for a couple of weeks.

vCash
    Osmond will make a visit to Marystown, Newfoundland (her birthplace) next month: http://www.southerngazette.ca/News/L...s-homecoming/1
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Marystown will surely be proud of 'their girl''s homecoming. Hope she has a great time.

vCash
    Article about Kaetlyn's homecoming (before her return this past Sunday and Monday): http://www.southerngazette.ca/News/L...nadian-champ/1
    Excerpt:
    She’ll return for another visit this coming Sunday and Monday.

“It should be really exciting and I’m really looking forward to it,” she told The Gazette Thursday from Los Angeles, California.

She spent the last three weeks training under World Figure Skating Hall of Fame coach Frank Carroll.
    Osmond will then leave Newfoundland and head to the national team camp in Toronto, where she will showcase and receive more input on her new short and long programs for the 2013-14 season.

“My short program is a lot more jazz instead of my Latin program from last year.

“It’s a completely different style, completely different feel, and it’s a pretty interesting program.”

For her long program, Osmond transforms into Egyptian pharaoh Cleopatra.

She said both programs are designed to demonstrate more specific movements.

“We’re trying to show my skating skills a lot more this year than I did last year, and just see if that can boost my mark a little bit.”
    ETA:
    Can someone post the direct link to this minute-long video that Skate Canada tweeted?
    "Athlete portrait on @kaetlyn_23 by @CBCOlympics cbc.ca/player/Sports/… "
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-04-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Can someone post the direct link to this minute-long video that Skate Canada tweeted?
    "Athlete portrait on @kaetlyn_23 by @CBCOlympics cbc.ca/player/Sports/… "
    This video?

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Olym...ID/2403331307/

vCash
    Yes, thanks - the link doesn't come up for me (I'm not in Canada) so I assume it's geo-blocked.

Osmond's videos in the CBC player: http://www.cbc.ca/player/search.html...tlyn+Osmond&s=
    (includes this one: Aug 22, 2013 (4:53) St John's Morning Show Welcoming home Kaetlyn Osmond)

vCash
    It plays for me (in Canada), but it can take two or three attempts. However, it could also be geoblocked.

vCash

vCash
    @SkateCanada tweeted this photo today:
    Feeling the hometown love! @kaetlyn_23 signs autographs at the Marystown @CanadianTire #RoadtoSochi @CBCOlympics http://pic.twitter.com/hoCvyBW95Q

vCash
    Kaetlyn's photo is in Friday's "24 Hours" commuter newspaper. She appears to be practicing a spin.

http://eedition.toronto.24hrs.ca/epaper/viewer.aspx#

-Go to the "calendar" tab.
    -Select Friday Sept 6th.
    -Flip to page 4.
    -Clicking on the photo enlarges the page.

...sorry, can't find a way to link directly to the page.

Lately, I noticed there appears to be more recognition of Figure Skating in the Canadian newspapers and TV. ...that would be a good thing.
    Last edited by rvi5; 09-09-2013 at 12:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Looking fit and gorgeous!

vCash
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Nice photos. She looks radiant.

vCash
    I didn't see this posted anywhere in the thread, so forgive me if this is a duplicate post.

Although I haven't heard anything about this, it appears as though Kaetlyn may have changed her Long Program from Cleopatra to Salomé. Frank Carroll's suggestion perhaps?

Long Program
    Part 1: Salome: Tanz Der Sieben Schleier - Dance of the Seven Veils (ND)
    Album: Compilation Bomches, Helge & Bohm, Karl-
    Performing Artist: Strauss, Richard Von Walter

Part 2: Salome's Dance (feat. Symphony Orchestra of Rome & the Singe (ND)
    Album: Compilation
    Performing Artist: Miklós Rózsa
    (from Skate Canada profile)

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast