Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

vCash
    On July 31st there were two videos from her club's simulations posted to her personal facebook page. I don't know if they were posted to her fan page or not however...

vCash
    Thanks Cantskate I will look at her facebook page. Hopefully some videos from the Competition will surface as well.

vCash
    Didn't find them on her fan page.
    Love her both her costumes....very elegant.

vCash
    Wild Rose SP: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37140847

Not perfect by a long shot, but with a few more miles on it, it's going to be an amazing vehicle for her. Not a beat of the music is unused. And thrilled to see that she's doing a 3flip - 3toe combo!
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Wild Rose SP: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37140847

Not perfect by a long shot, but with a few more miles on it, it's going to be an amazing vehicle for her. Not a beat of the music is unused. And thrilled to see that she's doing a 3flip - 3toe combo!
    Thanks shutterbug. I love Kaetlyn's nuances throughout the program. Go girl!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Yes it's a good vehicle for her and I like the upgraded tech content. Well choreographed which is to be expected but I just don't like the music and program. Honestly feels like a step back in sophistication vs the electric short she had last year. I am expecting, though, that the long will be an improvement over last year.

vCash
    I can't help but feel disappointed about this program While I simply loved her energy and sharpness in last year's SP, this looks very unfinished and much more forced/unnatural. Not a fan of all the arm movements either ... However, I am expecting it to improve as the season progresses.

Great she is upping her technical content though!

vCash
    Very ambitious technical content! I mirror the sentiments that I feel this SP is a step back, but then again there is no telling of what level KO will take this to by the time the regular season rolls around. I'm sure it will grow by a mile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    Very ambitious technical content! I mirror the sentiments that I feel this SP is a step back, but then again there is no telling of what level KO will take this to by the time the regular season rolls around. I'm sure it will grow by a mile
    I think this is a work in progress. Hope it develops the sophistication of last years short as well.

vCash
    I liked it. There is a lot going on here and she was obviously thinking her way through it, I think it will be a good program when everything gels.
    I want to thank you Lord for being with me so far this day. With your help, I have not been inpatient, lost my temper been grumpy or envious of anyone. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute and I think I will really need your help then. Amen

Vacant
    vCash
    A lot of Fosse's original Rich Man's Frug choreography has been adapted here. Lots of nice references and it really is incredibly complex. Speaking as someone who has danced a LOT of original Fosse choreo (including RMF) you spend a LOT of time off centre which is exhausting on the core. IT can take a long time to become completely comfortable with the movements which can feel really weird to start with. She's not comfortable with it yet and doesn't look competition fit but with that content and skated clean this will be a terrific vehicle for her. All she needs to do is what Fosse did in rehearsal. Do it again and again and again and again.....

vCash
    SP is definitely work in progress, but she didn't disappoint. She does everything that I value the most in a figure skater

vCash
    I think she should have kept the same technical content as last year (3T+3T, 3F). Snaps to her for going for the 3F+3T, but she's a pretty bad flutzer...I dunno. I just don't think it's a good idea to do a jump you have edge issues with in a SP. Mao, Ashley also flutz and don't do it in the SP.

Love the Fosse choreo though! I'm sure she'll werk it wonderfully.

vCash
    Kaetlyn flutzes, but rarely gets an edge call on her flip. If she were going for 3ze+3t, then it would be a bad idea. BUT. She was having loads of problems with her 3f last season, falling on or doubling it her last 3 comps (4CC, Worlds, 4TT). Was she going for a 3lo? It looked more like a 2lo to me. The 2a was UR, no wonder she fell on it.

It's great to have snappy choreo, but not if the jumps aren't landed. Is Skate Canada Kaetlyn's first competition? If so, she still has plenty of time to work those jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Kaetlyn flutzes, but rarely gets an edge call on her flip. If she were going for 3ze+3t, then it would be a bad idea. BUT. She was having loads of problems with her 3f last season, falling on or doubling it her last 3 comps (4CC, Worlds, 4TT). Was she going for a 3lo? It looked more like a 2lo to me.
    The flips she had issues with last year were mostly on the second one in the LP, which I see potentially more as a stamina issue than a real problem with the flip. And she was definitely going for a 3z.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Kaetlyn flutzes,
    Is she fixing that?

vCash
    Kaetlyn Osmond's debut of her Cleopatra FS at Wild Rose: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/37191195
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Well, this is so poorly skated that it's impossible to comment on the choreography. I did not see a 3loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    On July 31st there were two videos from her club's simulations posted to her personal facebook page. I don't know if they were posted to her fan page or not however...
    Do you feel comfortable discussing her performances at the simulations vs what we've seen at Wild Rose? I'm hoping she skated them a bit more cleanly than she did here.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Well, this is so poorly skated that it's impossible to comment on the choreography. I did not see a 3loop.
    I assume the loop would go where the sal was if it gets added. She could do the sal in the place of the second triple toe or the second double axel (depending on what the first two jumping passes are intended to be).

vCash
    I'm surprised her coaches let her go out and compete at this event when she's clearly not in any shape to be doing so. It's honestly a bit frightening that she is this out of shape and sloppy, regardless of what time of year it is. My first thought on seeing the SP was that it was a choreographic disaster, but with this LP, I can't even comment because the choreo is so sloppy and ignored in this run through.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast