Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The designer everyone is thinking of is Josiane Lamond. Here is her website: http://elitexpression.com/web/

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    If it's Sweet Charity, I keep having flashbacks to Sarah Hughes' 525,600 minute long exhibition she skate at Vancouver Worlds.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    If it's Sweet Charity, I keep having flashbacks to Sarah Hughes' 525,600 minute long exhibition she skate at Vancouver Worlds.
    It felt *that* long, huh? I have to agree with you.

vCash
    I think Kaetlyn will have fun with that program. I'm thinkin' the black dress is for that one as Shirley McLaine wore a "little black dress" throughout the movie. I'm sure this is a program that will "fly by" quickly and be very entertaining. I'm sure she'll "nail it".
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Can't wait to see both programs Like that both her dresses are fairly simply yet classy ... I especially like the cream one.

vCash
    New article: Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition

“There’s a lot of movement in skating. It’s not just the legs where you need to be strong; the core keeps you balanced and upright and not collapsing at the end of jumps, and not losing your balance throughout the choreography. It really helps to have a strong core.”
    The flights for the Wild Rose Invitational have been announced - Kaetlyn is scheduled to compete in both the senior women's short and free events.

Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Can't wait to see both programs Like that both her dresses are fairly simply yet classy ... I especially like the cream one.
    "Classy" is the word my mom used to describe the dresses too. She remembers "Sweet Charity" from when it was in the theatres, and thinks Kaetlyn will do a marvelous job with the music. I generally prefer understated dresses, especially for skaters like Kaetlyn who have already have plenty of personality.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Absolutely nothing robotic about Kaetlyn.......she oozes personality. I can hardly wait to see her new programs. Nothing boring about this young skater...much credit to her and Ravi.......so far it sounds like great choices for the Olympic year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Absolutely nothing robotic about Kaetlyn.......she oozes personality.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I think the white dress will have a lot more shine to it.
    I did find the cut very elegant.

vCash
    New article: Edmonton’s Kaetlyn Osmond fine tunes new programs for upcoming figure skating season

The stage production of Sweet Charity has been adapted for the ice, according to Vipond.

“We’ve used at lot of the arm movement from the musical,” he said. Many people may recognize the music in the first half, set to the tune Hey, Big Spender.”
    Oh well.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Great article....just read it and was about to post, but you beat me to it shutterbug. I don't mind "Big Spender" and I think Kaetlyn will put a nice spin on it. She's very believable when she does her flirty moves. Can't wait to see both her new programs...........still some time to wait
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I agree with you Clarie. I think the music will suit both Kaetlyn and Vipond Choreo. She is a very sexy and charismatic skater.

vCash
    “She has such a strong personality and (is) so beautiful on the ice,” Vipond said. “She’s always exceeded my expectations.”
    Kaetlyn has tons of personality. I too look forward to what this gorgeous girl has in store for all of us!

vCash
    Long sigh I know everyone hates Phantom and Carmen, but for me it's a toss up which I dislike more - Big Spender or Sing, Sing, Sing. Why are these pieces so popular with skaters?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Long sigh I know everyone hates Phantom and Carmen, but for me it's a toss up which I dislike more - Big Spender or Sing, Sing, Sing. Why are these pieces so popular with skaters?
    Give her a chance, blueglass. I will take anything from Kaetlyn.

vCash
    But it's Rich Man's Frug for the 2nd half! I was reallllllly hoping she was using this! Also I think that Big Spender will work for her as well!

vCash
    I saw her at the West Edmonton Mall at the start of June, working on the Sweet Charity program with Lance Vipond, and I think it will be a great program for her. It's really fast and has all kinds of unusual moves in it, it's not just Fosse jazz hands all over the place.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    I saw her at the West Edmonton Mall at the start of June, working on the Sweet Charity program with Lance Vipond, and I think it will be a great program for her. It's really fast and has all kinds of unusual moves in it, it's not just Fosse jazz hands all over the place.
    I think you've nailed the reason I don't like it. I'm sure Vipond and Ravi will make it work - though I may have to plug my ears during that part of it.

vCash
    Re-posting from the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry - Sr. Ladies SP is on Saturday, Aug. 10 (Calgary is Mountain time - 2 hours behind Eastern):
    Quote Originally Posted by Cant Skate View Post
    2013 Wildrose Invitational in Calgary is scheduled this weekend as well. The event is livestreamed here:

http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/en-us/c...itational.aspx

Senior women are scheduled to start at 8:05 pm on the West Arena...no start order is posted yet for Kaetlyn Osmond but she is listed to skate.
    Wild Rose event info: http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/en-us/c...013season.aspx
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Any videos of Kaetlyn's new programs?

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast