Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

vCash
    Kaetlyn is a star. I am so impressed by this teenager who had so much pressure on those slim shoulders to get 2 spots for Canada. Yes, she had 2 falls, but came back fighting. The sky's the limit for this girl. It must have been very intimidating to be in the last flight with former world champions and Olympians. As we were watching the practice and trade offs of triples, my dh said to me "She belongs", and she does. Well done Kaetlyn. It was a victory for her and for Canadian women. I don't think there was anyone there who had more pressure on their shoulders.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I think she did a great job. In her first major championships, at HOME in front of a rabid crowd, she has to skate in the final flight, between Mao Asada and Yuna Kim. And she has to skate well enough to earn 2 spots for the Olympics. Hmmm, if that isn't pressure I don't know what is and she did a fine job. Yes, she fell, but that's experience you can't buy and hopefully next year she'll be able to use that to her advantage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    Congrats to Kaetlyn on her accomplishments. Love her attitude and perspective too!
    I also loved how calm she was during the performance: She made a mistake, shook it off then and there and moved on. She never seemed rattled.

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I am really looking forward to seeing her perform in the future.

vCash
    She won me as a fan forever when after her free skate score come up and she dropped in the standings. She smiled, looked up at her coach and said something like "well that's even better than my goal." What a breath of fresh air. I look forward to seeing her in Sochi and duking it out with Li, Gold, and the Russians in the next quad.

vCash
    She didn't have the same attack that she had in the short program - sort of similar to 4cc in fact. A little too long a wait to go on maybe. That first fall was hard and must have really sapped her energy. I thought she looked a bit shell-shocked at the end and took a minute to compose herself. I heard her say to her coach that 'that really scared me' and am assuming she meant the first fall. Congratulations to her for a great sp and a pretty darn good lp all things considered. Wow, two spots is big for Cdn. women! What more could we ask of her?

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Yes, she seemed to get more nervous as the warm-up went on .. and from where I was sitting, she had a little 'deer in headlights' look when she came out for the free skate. I felt like a proud mom when she finished her program!

vCash
    I haven't to see much of Worlds, but I did make a point to watch Osmond's SP. It was the first time I'd seen her and I must say, she's one to watch. There is a lot of potential here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Yes, she seemed to get more nervous as the warm-up went on .. and from where I was sitting, she had a little 'deer in headlights' look when she came out for the free skate. I felt like a proud mom when she finished her program!
    Of course she was a little scared coming out for the FS! The two ladies who skated just before her were the reigning World Champion and the current 4CC Champion, and both scored over 130 on their FSs. Kaetlyn's top international FS score was around 115 at SC. The crowd was hanging on her every move. That would have spooked anyone, never mind someone making her first appearance at Worlds. She did a fine job under the circumstances, and she succeeded in reaching her goal of top 10, and even better than that.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Of course she was a little scared coming out for the FS! The two ladies who skated just before her were the reigning World Champion and the current 4CC Champion, and both scored over 130 on their FSs. Kaetlyn's top international FS score was around 115 at SC. The crowd was hanging on her every move. That would have spooked anyone, never mind someone making her first appearance at Worlds. She did a fine job under the circumstances, and she succeeded in reaching her goal of top 10, and even better than that.
    And that's why I felt like a proud mom when she finished her program.

vCash
    Make that two of "feeling like a proud mom"
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    http://www.thestar.com/sports/2013/0...ntroversy.html I'm sure they could have found something better than that pic, but she doesn't seem to be too bothered by it.

I feel like a proud mom too. A job well done by Kaetlyn.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I just want to say she has me as a huge fan after these Worlds! I fell in love with her short program. To me, it was the short program of the entire Ladies competition. Even though she had some falls, I still enjoyed her long program. The way she is able to express the music already is wonderful. I'm looking forward to watching and rooting for her in the future!

vCash
    It would seem that Kaetlyn has acquired a number of adopted moms!
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I can't wait to see what her programs will be for next season, as I have a feeling she can do many different styles. I would like to see a different type of costume on her though. There was something about the long program dress that didn't quite work right with her figure. Kudos to her parents and coaching team, as they are doing a fantastic job developing, nurturing and supporting this great young talent.

vCash
    I didn't like either of Kaetlyn's costumes--they did nothing for her. The exhibition costume was a lot more flattering to her figure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSfan107 View Post
    The way she is able to express the music already is wonderful.
    On the CBC Gala broadcast last night, Tracy Wilson mentioned that Kaetlyn considered switching to ice dance a couple of years ago when her freeskate wasn’t going well. Not surprising - she certainly can dance!

Count me in among those who are extremely proud of how well Kaetlyn held up in the FP. She definitely looked more nervous than usual during the warm up, but as euterpe pointed out, that’s totally reasonable given the circumstances. TBH, I was happy to see some nerves. It shows that she is old enough to appreciate the importance of what was going on. The fall on the flip WAS scary though. Landed right on her back. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Kudos to her parents and coaching team, as they are doing a fantastic job developing, nurturing and supporting this great young talent.
    A loving and supportive family, a smart coach who knows his skater well, a gifted choreographer, and a gutsy skater with tons of natural talent and a great work ethic - all the right things are in place for the creation of a star. It’s going to be great fun watching her grow and develop.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I really like Osmond. Fierce, fun, good technique, great jumps, good dancer, good versatility. What's not to enjoy!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    It would seem that Kaetlyn has acquired a number of adopted moms!
    I can be her adopted grandmother instead!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Do people consider Kaetlyn to be a lock for the Olympics next year or do you think a team of 2 of Daleman, Chartrand, or Lacoste would be possible?

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast