Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    NADINE!!! *shhhh* After today and the Pairs, I'm not saying what could or even will happen anymore.
    What happened with pairs?

vCash
    Kaetlyn is such a breath is fresh air, in every sense of word. She skates with a kind of abandon and joy, and an uninhibited love to PERFORM and EXPRESS that I seriously don't remember seeing in any other ladies skater. It kind of reminds me of my favourite skater ever - Stephane Lambiel. It's so infectious and endearing. I just adore her.

vCash
    Kaetlyn tweeted earlier this morning that she was watching the Bugs Bunny & Tweety show on TV while getting ready for practice. Her performance ability is so well developed that it’s hard to remember she really is still just a kid. I’m glad that her first Worlds is at home where she’s comfortable and not dealing with a huge time change, strange food, etc. It made me smile when I heard “Girl on Fire” playing in the rink while she was waiting to start her SP, just as they had done for her at Canadians this year.

Typically young skaters who have done well in the SP tend to drop in the standings after the FP, so I’m not expecting her to challenge for a medal this year (although she should feel free to prove me wrong ). Even skated perfectly, her FP simply doesn’t have enough content to land her on the podium. And that’s OK – her goal is top 10. She should make that as long as she stays on her feet for the most part. Sending lots of good vibes her way for a terrific performance this evening!
    Last edited by shutterbug; 03-16-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I have no idea where she will place tomorrow -- my guess would be around 6th because I expect Mao, Akiko, and Gracie to move up -- but I have every confidence she'll be on that Worlds podium soon. She's a big talent, and totally delightful. I hope she does her best tomorrow.
    Why would you assume or expect that Gracie Gold will move up...is she a bigger talent than Kaetlyn Osmond?

vCash
    I love Gracie's potential but I think Kaetlyn artistically is the more mature skater right now. I could see her on the podium easily or very, very close to it. If I were judging I'd have her in second place after the short. I've made no secret that I think Kaetlyn is special but that doesn't mean I don't think we now have some American ladies who have that determined gleam in their eyes. I'm on Wagner's bandwagon and I think Gracie is a spitfire who will get better and better. I have a soft spot for Kaetlyn because I think when she is on the ice she makes herself emotionally available to us much the same way Michelle Kwan did---her joy is palpable.
    I guess for the first time in a long time I am seriously loving some of the skating from the North American ladies.

vCash
    As someone noted on FB, she can breathe now. What a whirlwind first year on the senior international circuit! So much experience to take into next year!

Well done, Kaetlyn!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Great job Kaetlyn and my apologies to Spun Silver: I underestimated Gracie!

vCash
    Top 10 for Kaetlyn!

She's definitely made a name for herself and I can't wait to see how she develops in the next few years. So much talent and potential!

vCash
    From 10th at Jr Worlds to 8th at Senior, and being the lone entry to Worlds for Canada competing in probably the deepest ladies field ever, this has been a great accomplishment already no doubt! If she improves at the speed that she has been improving, sky is the limit for her. Inexperience did her in but I think she has the competitive spirit that is crucial to get to the top and falls will only make her hungrier. On to next year. I already can't wait!

vCash
    Way to go Kaetlyn - I am so proud of her.
    pug lover

vCash
    Way to go Kaetlyn! You did great congratulations! Second spot for the ladies

vCash
    I stand amazed at the presence that Kaetlyn showed on ice. Yeah, she looked a bit tentative especially after she fell but she still fought for everything. Excellent debut on the senior circuit and at her first World's.
    Crazy about sports!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Kaetlyn tweeted earlier this morning that she was watching the Bugs Bunny & Tweety show on TV while getting ready for practice.
    Sigh...A girl after my own heart, as so was I!!

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    From 10th at Jr Worlds to 8th at Senior, and being the lone entry to Worlds for Canada competing in probably the deepest ladies field ever, this has been a great accomplishment already no doubt! If she improves at the speed that she has been improving, sky is the limit for her. Inexperience did her in but I think she has the competitive spirit that is crucial to get to the top and falls will only make her hungrier. On to next year. I already can't wait!
    You missed "also having her first ever Sr. Worlds here at home in Canada" on that rundown, but everything else was dead on and perfectly said. I like you, can't wait to see what Kaitlyn and Ravi bring us next Season. It's only the beginning for this impressive young lady and what a beginning too!!

Just one thing...When she was setting up for that opening triple/triple which turned into a triple/double, I could swear I saw one of Kaitlyn's feet slip almost completely out from under her. I need to see it again to be sure, and that won't be tonight, but did anyone see that or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Regardless...Congratulations Kaitlyn!! Can't wait for this young lady and next Season. We've got a pretty special skater who practices part time out there at the West Edmonton Mall Folks and we're lucky to have her too.

vCash
    She's been doing a 3-2 all season, but her flip is so huge that we expect a triple to come out of it.

vCash
    Did what she came to do. Bravo, Kaetlyn ! Talent galore ( and we'll take the spunk and infectious grin , too. )

vCash
    Go Katelyn go. Coming out within top 10 on first World's outing is an achievement to be proud of.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    She looked very tired toward the second half of her program, while she came out of a cannon at the beginning. Did anyone else notice this? She maintains great speed at times and on the exits of jumps. She expresses herself unabashedly. Does she need to plan her FS program a little differently to conserve her energy?

Also she should consider avoiding backless dresses. She is one of the prettiest skaters, and she should wear something sexy or elegant but not backless. It does not flatter her particular figure. I don't like the midriff aspect of her FS dress either. It would be nice for her great body if she were at a club, but since she is skating-- and her body is exposed in positions of that kind--she should be strategic about this.

I think her programs are fun to watch, mainly because she looks so excited, and I like the speed.

vCash
    It is impressive that she won CAN two Olympic spots in this field.

vCash
    Congrats to Kaetlyn on her accomplishments. Love her attitude and perspective too!

vCash
    So proud of her.
    After her two falls her legs weren't under her anymore and she appeared spent but there was a point where she just pushed herself and continued.

The crowd was screaming for her ....that had to have been very distracting. Also didn't like that someone shouted jaetlyn in the middle of her program.

Free was gutsy and 8th was above my expectations. I was privileged to be present.

GO KAETLYN

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast