Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Way to go Kaetlyn! I really think having Worlds at 'home' is a huge help to her. It's nice. Here's to a great LP, and I hope all this Canadian magic brushes off on the ice dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    Maybe you should read the article? Her parent's sound like great supportive people and I'm sure Kaetlyn is aware of the sacrifices her parent's have made for both her and her sister.

Who knows, maybe a potential sponsor will read the article and help her family contribute to her training costs?
    Right! Nice article and also there is a clickable headline next to it about Jessica Amy Sergent. A figure skater who works many hours to fund her skating. I like that the paper is showing there are different ways to fund training.

Good luck in the FS Kaetlyn!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Is it possible for Kaetlyn to place at a certain spot that would allow Canada three women to go to the Olympics? Or can that only be done with two skaters? If one skater can do it, how high do they need to place to get three spots for their country? It was a joy to see Kaetlyn skate as well as she did yesterday. I'm so looking forward to seeing her skate tomorrow, along with so many other great ladies. I'm imagining that Kaetlyn already feels she's won by being able to warm up in the same group as Yu-Na, Carolina, Mao, Ashley and Kanako. That in itself will be a golden moment for her.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I think Canada gets three if she places top 2. She might need to win, but I think it is 2.

vCash
    Yes, it is top 2, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

vCash
    I got to watch her live in London today. As an objective viewer, she was definitely the best today. Of course the results and scores were fair, I simply mean that she stole the show from the other ladies.

Wishing her good luck Saturday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Tough love works
    Kaetlyn rocked her program.
    Her smile lit up the rink and we were on our feet for the last half minute
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd1235 View Post
    I got to watch her live in London today. As an objective viewer, she was definitely the best today. Of course the results and scores were fair, I simply mean that she stole the show from the other ladies.

Wishing her good luck Saturday
    Lucky you! Glad you were there to see it

Congratulations, Kaetlyn, and best of luck in the FS!

vCash
    Any video?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Thanks so much! She was awesome!

vCash
    I think top 10 is pretty safe, but I wouldn't think about top 2 for now.

If she didn't skate so early I think her score could have been a little higher still. And she absolutely deserved every tenths she got with that wonderful performance.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    And as long as she places in the top 10, Canada will get to send two ladies to the Olympics?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    And as long as she places in the top 10, Canada will get to send two ladies to the Olympics?
    Yes, and can send three if she makes top 2. I think the two Canadian girls at Jr Worlds are both wonderful so hopefully one or both of them can go to Sochi along with Osmond.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    First off....Welcome to the Big Time Young Lady and Congratulations on one heck of a debut at Worlds!!!

Considering what happened w/the thrashing the Blue Jays gave the Yankess in Spring Training today, I think it's safe to say that Kaetlyn also added a knock it out of the park performance today too. Just so very impressed w/not only how she's skating, but also how Ravi's handling her and her coaching. He's got her at a place right now where she's just building from one high to another, yet still keeping her grounded and doing the work needed to be done at the Club or the rink at the West Edmonton Mall. So kudos to the both of them!!!

Did anyone else see the draw yet for the FS? She's the second to last skater of the event. Which can go one of two ways. Either it's a long wait and where and what she's doing could start sinking in a bit or.... Kaetlyn can go out there w/the outlook of she's got nothing at all to lose and to just Go For It!!!

I'm thinking and hoping it's option number two. So very, very proud of her and thrilled for Ladies Skating in Canada. At last after seeing what our Ladies did at Cdns, I think it's finally safe to say the program has finally turned the corner.

At least I sure hope so.

One down. One to go. Here's to one heck of a performance of Carmen to end the season on for this very talented young lady.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Did anyone else see the draw yet for the FS? She's the second to last skater of the event. Which can go one of two ways. Either it's a long wait and where and what she's doing could start sinking in a bit or.... Kaetlyn can go out there w/the outlook of she's got nothing at all to lose and to just Go For It!!!
    I've always wondered how much skaters know about what's happened before the stepped on ice. I'm such it can vary a lot from skater to skater. But do some try to seclude themselves as much as possible from everything that's happening, while others have their eyes directly on any available monitor so that they know EXACTLY what is happening? If Kaetlyn is the latter type, it all depends on how the other skaters have performed. If they've done well, her only option is to go for it 100%. If the skaters before her all have problems, then I'd be more concerned because then one might start to think, "should I play it safe to ensure I get on the podium? should I do a triple-double instead of the 3-3 and just do it cleanly and take a silver or bronze?". Either way, I hope Kaetlyn goes for it 100% as a way of saving, "look out for me in Sochi". If she plays it safe, others will see her as less of a threat. I'm thinking regardless of how things go, she will go for it. Saturday will be exciting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    To me Kaetlyn Osmond has it all, saw it the first time I saw her skate earlier in the season at some B event. In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho.

Reminiscing about my words from two months ago, which were right on btw , I would like to add that I predict she's going to win a world medal her first time at Worlds (just like Oksana Baiul did in 1993).

She's simply exquisite. *bow*

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    NADINE!!! *shhhh* After today and the Pairs, I'm not saying what could or even will happen anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Reminiscing about my words from two months ago, which were right on btw , I would like to add that I predict she's going to win a world medal her first time at Worlds (just like Oksana Baiul did in 1993).

She's simply exquisite. *bow*
    She's good but not Oksana good.

vCash
    I have no idea where she will place tomorrow -- my guess would be around 6th because I expect Mao, Akiko, and Gracie to move up -- but I have every confidence she'll be on that Worlds podium soon. She's a big talent, and totally delightful. I hope she does her best tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    She's good but not Oksana good.

Jammers, that's the second time you've contradicted my opinion about Oksana, the first when I compared Miss Carolina Kostner to her, and the second time now. And I have to say I agree!

Being an Oksana Baiul Fan from literally the very beginning, even was part of her fan club (1st & last time ever joined one, lol), have all her books/programs/dolls/souvenir items, et al, I can honestly say I'm probably one of her biggest fans, if not top 5 at least. Based on that, there's literally been no one like her before or since, though I see glimpses every now & then in certain skaters, most especially by the greatest female figure skater in modern history ~ Yuna Kim ~ especially during the Olympic year. WOW!

And I also see glimpses of her in Carolina Kostner, thus the reason why I'm not surprised Carolina received the highest PCS marks in the SP, well deserved. And now with Miss Kaetlyn Osmond I see her being so exquisite at such a young age that she's bound to earn a medal her first time at Worlds, just like Oksana 20 yrs. ago, though not gold like Oksana did, but certainly at least bronze.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KAETLYN!!!!

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast