Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Not summer :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I like how the predictions keep getting revised downward.
    Glad people are able to accommodate you...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I like how the predictions keep getting revised downward.
    Uh, since you are quoting me you should know I´ve always thought a top ten result at worlds would be a great result for her and the most I would hope for so there is no revision downward here so I'm not sure what you are at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Uh, since you are quoting me you should know I´ve always thought a top ten result at worlds would be a great result for her and the most I would hope for so there is no revision downward here so I'm not sure what you are at.
    Yes, I think that most of us are hoping for a top ten finish, and that is Kaetlyn's goal as well......to be able to send two women to Sochi, and there are some other good young skaters coming up. I don't think it's unreasonable at all. However, if she does better than 10th, that would be a nice bonus for her.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Whose opinions inspired that lovely article about her one day beating Yu Na?

I agree that a top ten finish would be awesome for Osmond. She has talent, and I think she is a competitor. I understand why Canadians get excited, but you should know it makes the outside world kind of worry that you will be let down.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 02-10-2013 at 01:57 AM.

vCash
    It wasn't my opinion so again why quote me? And wasn't that some pointless Korean article based on her Nationals scores? I don't pay much attention to coronations.

And I really doubt the "outside world" is worried anyone will be let down. My experience is the "outside world" loves to see those who get too excited knocked down a peg or two.

vCash
    Whose opinions inspired that lovely article about her one day beating Yu Na?
    Could it be it was inspired by the writer's own imagination? Fans don't necessarily participate in group think. Some have high expectations, some low and some are more realistic.

agree that a top ten finish would be awesome for Osmond. She has talent, and I think she is a competitor. I understand why Canadians get excited, but you should know it makes the outside world kind of worry that you will be let down.
    Nice of the world to worry, but I'm sure Canada will survive.

vCash
    I don't know. Canadian skating expectations are so uproarious and rosy that they betray an underlying insecurity created by decades of Olympic failures. Orser, Browning, Elvis, Brasseur and Eisler, Bourne and Kratz, and even Sale and Pelletier. World Champions all, but Olympic champions none.*

Joannie Rochette, on her second Olympic try, managed to meet expectations. And Virtue and Moir made a first for Canada in decades by being reigning world champs in an Olympic year and acheiving an undisputed gold medal. So Canada is hopefully gaining more confidence, but I think insecurities can be fed by over-hyping skaters.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 02-10-2013 at 11:52 AM.

vCash
    Dear Maggie, Please see the last few posts under the Kevin Reynolds thread - or just what's new.

vCash
    Ok fine, we should stick with today and now, and things have changed in Canada for the better. Do not forget, though, that skating has a long and illustrious history, and Skate Canada and Canadian fans are programmed by it in ways they don't even realize.

vCash
    Probably fortunately, I have no idea what you could possibly mean. But then It's a funny old world.
    Your friend in the north.

vCash
    Meh good that she had a less than good skate. It will only make her stronger in the long run. She is after all rather inexperienced. More experiences will make for a better Olympic season.

vCash
    It does take character to come back from a poorly judged short program, so it's a good thing to have tested. Just ask Sarah Hughes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I really enjoyed Kaetlyn's SP at 4CC--sassy, as the Euro sport commentator put it.
    ITA! She didn't let the mistake throw her off; she has a lot of poise.

vCash
    This was a good experience builder, I think. Now that she knows what's to skate in front of one of the biggest audiences in the world with some real pressure on her shoulders. Here's to a better Worlds!

vCash
    I think her composure in the kiss and cry showed it wasn't a bad outing for her. Her body language was positive and calm, and this is a good sign about her mental strength.

vCash
    I'm not a Canadian so I'm not putting the crushing weight of expectations on Osmond. I just think there is something special about this girl. I do have high hopes for her.

vCash
    I just hope Kaetlyn as well as Gracie ignore what hype is surrounding them and both skate lights out at Worlds!
    Congrats to my ♥Baroque Rock Princess Adelina♥Meryl&Charlie♥Tatiana&Maxim♥!Team ♥Mirai♥Adam♥Julia♥

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    This is just the warm up to Worlds. And 4CCs isn't over yet-Kaetlyn could still come out fighting in the FS-although probably the best she can hope for is top 4 considering the Japanese firepower in the top 3. Hopefully once she has her first big Senior event under her belt she'll settle down some.
    Worlds could be just as intimidating with the addition of Yu-Na, Kostner, Korpi and the Russian girls. What Kaetlyn found at 4CC was that easily beating skaters in the early fall doesn't mean you will always be able to beat them. Experienced skaters tend to peak later in the season.

The good thing now is that Kaetlyn's fans are taking a more realistic view of her chances at Worlds, one that is more in sync with Kaetlyn's goal---to finish in the top ten. And Kaetlyn should be a little more able to cope with 'opening night nerves' in March.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    The good thing now is that Kaetlyn's fans are taking a more realistic view of her chances at Worlds, one that is more in sync with Kaetlyn's goal---to finish in the top ten. And Kaetlyn should be a little more able to cope with 'opening night nerves' in March.
    Just curious - why are you so concerned about the well-being of Kaetlyn's fans, anyway? I don't recall any of her fans or commentators directly predicting that she will medal or make top 5 at Worlds, for this year. I have no idea where you are coming from.
    Last edited by shine; 02-10-2013 at 09:23 PM.

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Actually there were some over zealous fans at GS who were doing just that...triggering more Osmond bashing by others at that site.
    Last edited by rvi5; 02-10-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast