Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Uh, a few posts up Cyn quoted her previous post where she states that she finds Osmond to be more enjoyable, entertaining, and better at performing/executing than Yu Na ever has been. Post #269, to be specific.

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    Uh, a few posts up Cyn quoted her previous post where she states that she finds Osmond to be more enjoyable, entertaining, and better at performing/executing than Yu Na ever has been. Post #269, to be specific.
    Thanks, but that is Cyn's opinion & is entitled to it. What bothers me is that all Canadians are lumped together & then bashed.

vCash
    I doubt that Cyn is a Canadian. Her sig line quotes the Governor of Ohio.

vCash
    Uh, Cyn's not Canadian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Uh, Cyn's not Canadian.
    Huh!

This post from Vash01 is worthly enough to be repeated:

I think that happens when a country has not had a star in a long time, and fans are hungry. Actually if Joannie returns to competition next year, Canada could have two strong ladies at the Olympics. I am sure Osmond will get better over time, and optimism is not always a bad thing.

vCash
    I think that Kaetlyn's layback spin is much better than YuNa's layback. I hate when the leg that's off the ice is super bent. Dick Button would say "ugly position". lol/// love Mr. Button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Maybe she is an Ohioan trying to sabotage Canada's new star with OTT praise!

Kaetlyn has real performing ability, so I hope people let her develop and do not start calling her Jesus. Her Carmen is very entertaining yes. She needs the experience of regular competition with real rivals, and hopefully she will get cleaner and become a force in the game.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-22-2013 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    I think that Kaetlyn's layback spin is much better than YuNa's layback. I hate when the leg that's off the ice is super bent. Dick Button would say "ugly position". lol/// love Mr. Button
    I agree with you 200%.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Kaetlyn has real performing ability, so I hope people let her develop and do not start calling her Jesus. Her Carmen is very entertaining yes. She needs the experience of regular competition with real rivals, and hopefully she will get cleaner and become a force in the game.
    I agree with you. Putting things into context, a lot of her OTT praise might be coming for posters who suffered through Canadian ladies in the mid to late 90's and into the early 2000s. I don't know all the posters who are giving the OTT praise, so I can't say for sure. Suffered, however, is the only word that can adequately describe following Canadian ladies during those times.

ETA - I was at Canadians for Keatlyn free skate and I don't think that this is OTT praise to say that she has charisma. That alone will not get her onto the top of podiums, but it might get her sponsors.
    Last edited by algonquin; 01-22-2013 at 06:29 PM.

vCash
    I thought Karen Preston did a 3/3, no?
    Karen Preston might have been given credit with the first triple-triple sequence or series, but I believe the first Canadian woman to do a ratified triple-triple combination would have been Joannie Rochette (2004).

Interestingly, I wouldn't be surprised if Kaetlyn at least flirts with a 3 flip - 3 toe next year - she's lucky those are her two best triples and can be used in a combination...

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

I thought Karen Preston did a 3/3, no?
    What was the 3/3 Karen performed? Obviously it couldn't be the 3lutz/3toe if Chartrand was credited for it.

vCash
    At Nationals Kaetlyn was doing a beautiful 3Lz/3T in practice. She can also do a 3F/3T. I think we will see different programs next year. she has also been doing 3L in practice. I believe at Skate Detroit and Wildrose she was attempting 3Lz/3T and 3F in her short programs.

I think her team are playing it safe this year and getting into the international scene.

vCash
    What I like most about Kaetlyn that I rarely see from other skaters even the top champs is how relaxed and genuinely happy she looks when she takes the ice. One of the very important trait for a good performer is for him or her to let the audience feel relaxed and confident that this is going to be a good performance. Kaetlyn has this trait in spades!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Thanks, but that is Cyn's opinion & is entitled to it. What bothers me is that all Canadians are lumped together & then bashed.

Damn, I wanted to be an honorary Canadian

Maybe she is an Ohioan trying to sabotage Canada's new star with OTT praise!

I'm from the Deep South (Georgia, to be specific)

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    I guess I need to change my siggy line now that the election is over .

I do stand by my post regarding my preference of Kaetlyn's skating to YuNa's.

Kim has fabulous jumps and great speed across the ice, but her free leg position in her layback spin sucks, and she wouldn't know what a toe-point was if it bit her on the ass. I also don't see a whole lot of emotion or charisma from her during her programs.

Kaetlyn has the potential to have it all -- jumps, interpretation, skating skills, great body lines and the ability to "finish" her positions, and oodles of charisma.

When I compare YuNa when she debuted in the senior ranks to Osmond's debut this year, it isn't even close -- I'm far more impressed with the latter and her potential than I ever was with the former. FTR, I'm not a Mao über/YuNa detractor in any way, shape, or form; I'm a fan of the sport (and artistry) of skating, and between Skate Canada and last weeks Cdn Nats, Kaetlyn is a breath of fresh air with enormous talent.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    duplicate post....sorry about that

vCash
    I am confused. Has a Canadian never performed a triple-triple combination at nationals? LOL

vCash
    I am confused. Has a Canadian never performed a triple-triple combination at nationals? LOL
    Rochette did one in '05, but I can't recall anyone else who did prior to last year. Watt and Robinson made attempts but they weren't rotated.

vCash
    Yeah, and exactly what is wrong with that? She didn't say Kaetlyn is a BETTER skater than Yuna. All she seems to be saying is that she enjoys her more and thinks her performance/execution is better. I don't see how that is so unfathomable?

And speaking for myself, I really couldn't care less about which country which skater is from and naturally don't give a damn about Osmond being Canadian or Antarctician. I've never been particularly patriotic when it comes to figure skating. I've been singing praises of Osmond's skating simply because IMO she is that good, especially for her age.
    Last edited by shine; 01-23-2013 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    Her interpretation of music is not subtle like Mao, Yu Na, Rochette, or Costner, but that can be improved. I think she is more exciting to watch than Wagner, Agnes or Gracie Gold (none of whom have enough ooomph or charisma), but she will need to become a more consistent jumper. She reminds me of Tonya Harding with her legs and upper body and high kick choreography.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-23-2013 at 06:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stevlin View Post
    Well I don't agree.

Osmond didn't exactly show much back bend in any of her layback variations. Her positions overall are more refined and have prettier lines yes, but I would think back bend is ultimately the most important feature in a layback position yes?

At her best, Kim spins a much faster layback.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast