Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post

And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade.
    Then how would you know how she compares to other Canadian skaters?
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Lol all this because I offered my own personal opinion.

Seriously, get a grip, it's only skating, not life or death.

Anyhow, this definitely tells me Miss Osmond has arrived. Skating fans feeling threatened by her, eh?

And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade. Yet even I can see the genius of Kaetlyn. That's because I am a figure skating fan first & foremost.
    My response was a bit tongue-in-cheek, since you apparently didn't understand.

Why would I feel threatened by Kaetlyn? Last time I checked, I didn't have to compete against her. Do I think she should be scoring 70+ at this point in time? No, but it's Nationals. I get that. I think her short program is one of the best of the season, and I think she'll continue to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    It's a message board. What the hell are people going to do besides talk about each others opinions? You offered your opinion, other people thought it was a tad melodramatic and said so. That's what happens on a message board.
    I don't know about you but I don't come here to talk about other people's opinions , rather I offer my own, but it's all good because as the old saying goes "you know what they say about opinions, they're like a-holes, we all have one.".

Anyhow, carry on, I offered my opinion about the lovely Miss Osmond and have nothing more to say except "GOOD LUCK, KAETLYN, AT CANADIAN NATIONALS"!!!!

vCash
    The whole point of a message board is discussion. Facts, our opinions, and our reactions to other people's opinions inform all of our discussions, in real life and on message boards. That's the way of life. You offer your opinion in reaction to other people's opinions. Your reaction to people talking about your opinion was to accuse them of feeling threatened, for some reason, and to tell them to get a grip, both of which are statements clearly informed by your opinion of the validity of the discussion. It's ridiculous to act as though you're on some superior moral plane because you don't talk about other people's opinions. Yes you do, if not directly. I have the same reaction to people who say, "I don't judge anyone." Yes you do. We make judgments, positive and negative, about people every single day. That's what human beings do.

Not summer :(
    vCash
    I think Miss Osmond is the real deal. You go, girl!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    For the first time in many years, I am anticipating with pleasure the Canadian Ladies long programs with Kaetlyn and the other young skaters. What an improvement.
    Go Kaetlyn et al
    Addicted to FSU

Fetalized since 1998
    vCash
    I thought that her sp was terrific, good for her..Good for Canada..

where all the boys, men, wolves, jocks, otters, cubs, & bears are ;)
    vCash
    Osmond has an energy and excitement about her skating that is infectious. Love her fearless confidence on the ice when she is competing. Great speed and amplitude on her jumps and her programs are stacked with transitions. No wonder her scores are so high; she performs the components that this system rewards. Her joy for skating is very apparent. Great for her!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Re-posting my comment about Kaetlyn's SP yesterday at Canadian Nats:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Kaetlyn!!!

I find her skating to be infinitely more enjoyable, entertaining, and better executed/performed than anything Yuna has done .
    Congrats to her -- I hope she kicks ass this afternoon....I just wish I could find a live stream for the Ladies FS that isn't geoblocked in the US
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    I think Miss Osmond is the real deal. You go, girl!
    Seconded.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Wheeeeeee!!!! Congratulations to Kaetlyn, Canada's new Ladies Figure Skating Champion!!

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I think that her FS is, across all disciplines, by far the best Carmen of the season .
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    Well I must admit to feeling sorry for Amelie ending up 4th as she is such a good skater.. but the reality is Canada's top skaters not only can do all the triples.. but triple-triple too's.. we are going to have to find another group of skaters to pick on..I think the days of jokes about Canadian women might have concluded.. but I do have another group.. perhaps I might suggest the upcoming junior men in Canada
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Between the events, I was reading the Toronto Star newspaper to kill time. Surprisingly, there was a two page spread dedicated to the competition and skaters. It included a large photo of Kaetlyn performing a Biellmann. The article discussed how the new kids are not afraid to take the risks, and are eager to try the triple-triples. Apparently Chartrand became the first Canadian lady to land a triple lutz-triple toe during her short program.

vCash
    During Kaetlyn's LP, I watched Ravi Walia a little bit. He seemed to be very calm and that might help Kaetlyn as she goes into the bigger competitions. I also watched Orser and he is anything but calm.

vCash
    I thought Karen Preston did a 3/3, no?

vCash
    i can't find Kaetlyn's free program on you tube. Is it on daily motion or any other place?

vCash
    Cheering for the headcases

vCash
    Why are Canadians writing about how Osmond was better better than Yu Na ever has been? Don't you know this makes people not take Kaetlyn seriously? She practically did a cannonball into the ice in her FS.
    Last edited by TheIronLady; 01-22-2013 at 12:21 PM.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Why are Canadians writing about how Osmond was better better than Yu Na ever has been? Don't you know this makes people not take Kaetlyn seriously? She practically did a cannonball into the ice in her FS.
    There are always a few enthusiastic people. I think the balance of the thread says that people love her improvement over last year and hope she keeps improving (and stays healthy) but also expect a few bumps along the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Are you serious? If yes, please copy any posts that said that. If not, please calm down. One poster said that Osmond might be Canada's best since Barbara Ann Scott and to which other posters replied that that was over top.
    Last edited by algonquin; 01-22-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast