Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I certainly think the international judges have taken note of Kaetlyn in a very positive way. I definitely would like to see her represent Canada @ WChs. I just have a soft spot for Amelie.

vCash
    We could just call her K.O.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    The event is Canadian Ladies. Expecting her to win it isn't really expecting much - look at the competition.
    Agreed. I do expect her to win...probably by at least 15 pts. However, my argument was against the notion that we should think differently about her prospects if she doesn't win.

vCash
    I read that article a few days ago and what struck me was Joannie's comment about her and how much potential she has. She then says "I can't wait to see how she does". I know she was referring to Mississauga but she could also mean beyond. And then looking at it that way we didn't hear anything like "I can't wait to go against her next year and kick her talented hiney".

I just have the feeling that Kaetlyn's emergence has taken the pressure off of SC and Joannie to lather up a decent entry for the ladies event in Sochi. I'm not feelin a comeback here.

Good article on Gosselin. Yeah sounds like he needs a better training enviro to push him and build his confidence. Where does he train now?

vCash
    Awesome practice �� @kaetlyn_23 love watching you skate wow 3Lz+3T
    https://twitter.com/YNWOLFE/status/291986000769585153

vCash
    Thanks. Great! I hope she does it also at competition. And then we can watch her go against Tuktamisheva and Sotnikova at Worlds. .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thanks. Great! I hope she does it also at competition. And then we can watch her go against Tuktamisheva and Sotnikova at Worlds. .
    She already went against Tuktamisheva at this past Skate Canada, and beat her But yes, it'll be exciting to see them go agasint each other again now that Liza seems to have gotten back to form.

BTW, is Sotnikova still planning her 3lz/3toe (or 3l)? I never understood why she insisted on doing her 3lutz in combinations since she has a pretty obvious flutz.

vCash
    To me Kaetlyn Osmond has it all, saw it the first time I saw her skate earlier in the season at some B event. In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    To me Kaetlyn Osmond has it all, saw it the first time I saw her skate earlier in the season at some B event. In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho.
    No pressure then.....

vCash
    Sure, she has pressure on her, but something tells me she will be very good at handling it..........certainly better than some of the others.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    If that were the case, wouldn't Kaetlyn be just a baby?

I think there have been other wonderful Canadian ladies, and certainly results-wise there are several Canadian skaters more accomplished than Kaetlyn Osmond. You might want to save the hyperbole until she achieves more than a single Skate Canada win.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Glad you added the JMHO. There have been some wonderful Canadian ladies' skaters since Barbara Ann Scott. And let's not pile the expectations onto Kaetlyn just yet .. let her learn and mature.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    In fact I would go so far as to say she's the best female figure skater I've ever seen come out of Canada since the great Barbara Ann Scott, which is fitting, considering Miss Scott passed away this year, and in her place God sent Kaetlyn. Jmho.
    Well then. Nothing like a bit of restrained praise to express how you feel, innit? I'm not sure I share all the Osmond lurve, but she is one of the best competitors to come out of Canada in recent memory. Judging by some of these lavish expectations, she's going to need a level head very soon.

vCash
    Wheee!!!! Great short program from Kaetlyn.......what a competitor she is. Everything was just about perfection, and the girl is so down to earth.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    70.04 in the SP (37.38/32.66) Wow!
    3T+3T, 3F, 2A ... 2 level 4 spins, 1 level 3 spin and level 4 footwork!

Good luck in the long, Kaetlyn!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemgirl View Post
    If that were the case, wouldn't Kaetlyn be just a baby?

I think there have been other wonderful Canadian ladies, and certainly results-wise there are several Canadian skaters more accomplished than Kaetlyn Osmond. You might want to save the hyperbole until she achieves more than a single Skate Canada win.
    If that's how NadineWhite feels about Kaetlyn's skating, it is how she feels. In addition to talent and hardwork (both of which Kaetlyn obviously has), winning major championships takes a good combination of timing and luck, which is never a guarantee. If a skater makes me excited now because of the exceptional qualities they possess now, I'll get excited NOW. I don't know how far Osmond will go results wise but right now I happen to also find her the most exciting female skater to have ever come out of Canada. And I am a big Rochette fan.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    If a skater makes me excited now because of the exceptional qualities they possess now, I'll get excited NOW. I don't know how far Osmond will go results wise but right now I happen to also find her the most exciting female skater to have ever come out of Canada.
    To me, there's a big difference between getting excited about someone's skating and saying so, and getting all 'divinely ordained second coming.' It wasn't even courtesy of the Skating Gods, nope the big God himself is involved in Canadian skating ladies finding a successor to Barbara Ann Scott. The latter just makes me , but this could be one of those situations where YMMV.

ETA: Osmond's Short program from Canadians is -worthy. http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=more/157/1/0/846912/clip/189
    Last edited by ioana; 01-18-2013 at 10:20 PM.

vCash
    I tend to think God has bigger things to worry about, but you never know.

vCash
    Lol all this because I offered my own personal opinion.

Seriously, get a grip, it's only skating, not life or death.

Anyhow, this definitely tells me Miss Osmond has arrived. Skating fans feeling threatened by her, eh?

And to top it off I'm not even a Canadian figure skating fan, which one would know by reading my posts over at GS for over a decade. Yet even I can see the genius of Kaetlyn. That's because I am a figure skating fan first & foremost.

vCash
    It's a message board. What the hell are people going to do besides talk about each others opinions? You offered your opinion, other people thought it was a tad melodramatic and said so. That's what happens on a message board.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast