Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    I thought Kaetlyn did well today considering her lack of training. I hope she gets a good rest for Worlds!

I'm also glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Shae Lynn would be a great choreographer for her! I think her programs need a little bit more work on that front and I think Shae would be a good fit for Kaetlyn.

Also good to come to her cheer thread as on some forums there is such vitriol towards her and it's so baffling to me that a second-level skater is on the receiving end of such hate and mockery.
    It's best to ignore them. I just read a study that found these posters had both sadistic and psychopathic tendencies.
    I think we're lucky Kaetlyn has skated as well as she has after the injuries she suffered. Her SP let her down this time, but by Worlds she should be good for top ten. Next year they've got to up the difficulty in her LP though and give her a program with more maturity.

vCash
    Skating aside. Her showmanship is terrific and she did look absolutely stunning out there. She has very dramatic coloring with her dark hair and fair skin, and at least her costuming was very mature. Work cut out for next year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    She did both programs in the team event, as did Yulia. I wonder if that had any effect on them. We have heard for years how tired the athletes are after the Olympics and often struggle at the Worlds that follow a month later. She definitely had the pressure on her to hold up the Ladies to help Canada medal and she did that, especially in the short, so I would say she had a very successful first Olympics.
    pug lover

vCash
    Cute video from CBC NL: Kaetlyn Osmond already hoping for 2nd Olympic run

Apparently her hamstring injury has flared up again : Even with three medals, Olympics a letdown for Skate Canada

Osmond fought hard to hold her long together and did a solid job, falling once on a triple toe. The Edmonton-based skater later revealed that a hamstring injury which has plagued her all season flared up again.

"I'm been fighting the last few days with my hamstring acting up again, so I was (proud) to able to pull through a program like that," she said.

Osmond appeared completely spent after her long.

"Being here so long it just tired me out," she said. "I don't remember being that tired at the end of a program before."
    Considering she’s only been fully training these programs for about 8 weeks, I think she did a pretty decent job. She’s in Sochi to gain experience and she certainly got that! Her draw for the FP wasn’t the greatest, which likely contributed to her remaining in 13th.

Jeff Buttle has done choreography for women before. He choreographed a program for Alaine Chartand last season, and also did one of Joannie’s CSOI numbers. I watched how Kaetlyn handled his choreo in the group number at the nats gala this year, and she seemed to pick it up easily. He’d be my first choice if he wanted to try a different choreographer. Not sure if either Wilson or Nichol would be a good fit. Shae-Lynn would either be absolutely fabulous or absolutely horrible. But I wouldn’t hold my breath about her leaving Vipond any time soon. She’s mentioned a number of times that she considers him part of her team.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Kaetlyn has nothing to be ashamed of -- she certainly didn't get any benefits from the draw, and to learn that her hamstring has been acting up again makes what she's achieved in the past few days more remarkable. I'm looking forward to seeing what she (and Gabby!) has to offer next year!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Hey, Kaetlyn has a silver medal! That's pretty awesome for a first Olympic outing.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I'm so sorry to hear that her injury has flared up again. I hope she skips Worlds if needed and really takes the off season to let the injury heal. I'd be so crashed if this injury puts the rest of her career in jeopardy. She has too much talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Jeff Buttle has done choreography for women before. He choreographed a program for Alaine Chartand last season, and also did one of Joannie’s CSOI numbers.
    In fact, his first (to my knowledge) program that he choreographed was for a woman, as he was one of the choreographers for Yuna Kim's Papa Can You Hear me program in juniors.

I watched how Kaetlyn handled his choreo in the group number at the nats gala this year, and she seemed to pick it up easily. He’d be my first choice if he wanted to try a different choreographer. Not sure if either Wilson or Nichol would be a good fit. Shae-Lynn would either be absolutely fabulous or absolutely horrible. But I wouldn’t hold my breath about her leaving Vipond any time soon. She’s mentioned a number of times that she considers him part of her team.
    I don't know that she would leave Vipond but perhaps she would consider having one program a year with a new choreographer. I think it's good to experiment in order to develop and grow. That said, I think Vipond's programs have been really good for her. This year's programs might have been developed further if not for all the injury problems.

vCash
    I like Kaetlyn, she's cute, talented, always effervescent on the ice, just a joy to watch! I hope she does continue to the next Olympics, and I wish her well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that her injury has flared up again. I hope she skips Worlds if needed and really takes the off season to let the injury heal. I'd be so crashed if this injury puts the rest of her career in jeopardy. She has too much talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jot the Dot Dot View Post
    I like Kaetlyn, she's cute, talented, always effervescent on the ice, just a joy to watch! I hope she does continue to the next Olympics, and I wish her well.

vCash
    Kaetlyn may want to go to Worlds. She is currently #29 on the Seasons Best list and #33 on the ISU World Ranking list. With at least two Sochi dropouts, she has a chance to make top 12 and a guaranteed two GP events next season, as well as saving two spots for 2015 Worlds. If she skips Worlds, Canada will go back to one spot for 2015 and Kaetlyn might not get two GPs next season.

vCash
    If she has a recurring hamstring injury then it might be better to end the season now and let it heal properly. Lacoste might get top twelve if she's still training in Colorado.

vCash
    I don't see Lacoste making top 12. Ahead of her are 2 Russians, 3 Americans, 3 Japanese, 2 Italians, 1 French, which is eleven and I'm sure I am missing someone. The rub is that if Gabby has a bad day, she could fail to qualify for the free. I don't think that will happen, but without Kaetlyn Canada will be back to one spot in 2015. If Kaetlyn can skate, she will be there.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Kaetlyn had a terrific Olympics, but if she's injured, I hope she rests. Really looking forward to seeing her in future years.

vCash
    I noticed Kaetlyn did not get an edge call on her Lutz at Nationals, Olympic team event, or individual event. I guess she has that problem solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Why, because she can actually perform? I also thought that she did well despite the lack of training. It is too bad that she had to go so early to Russia, it would have been to stay home and train, some goes with Gabby.
    Yeah, why did Gabby go so early? She wasn't even skating in the team event. Did Skate Canada tell them they all had to come at the beginning?

vCash
    ^^ I think the Kaetlyn and Gabby were training in Germany before Sochi. Vaguely remember reading it somewhere....
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, why did Gabby go so early? She wasn't even skating in the team event. Did Skate Canada tell them they all had to come at the beginning?
    I imagine she went with the rest of the team so she could march in the Opening Ceremonies (?). She went to Germany shortly thereafter, and Kaetlyn joined her after the medal ceremony for the team event.

As of Feb. 20/14, Kaetlyn was going to Worlds according to Ravi: https://twitter.com/ravi7walia/statu...39885953220608 Worlds is going to feel like a breeze after the OG - she only has to skate her programs once!

Not sure I'd be in any big rush to have her work with another choreographer at this point. She's still adding the big jump elements to her programs, so it might be best for her to continue with Vipond for a few more years. In fact, I'm wondering if she should keep Cleopatra for next season so they can concentrate on getting a 3-3 combination and a 3loop in the program without having to worry about new choreo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    In fact, I'm wondering if she should keep Cleopatra for next season so they can concentrate on getting a 3-3 combination and a 3loop in the program without having to worry about new choreo.
    Especially since she spent a good part of the early international season injured...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Kaetlyn snagged herself quite a nice ride into the Closing Ceremonies : https://twitter.com/figureskatingRu/...68242899738624 As did Gilmore Junio.

Quote Originally Posted by Really View Post
    Especially since she spent a good part of the early international season injured...
    Not to mention that the dress for this program must have cost her parents a small fortune......

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast