Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

vCash
    More on the random drug testing issue plus some quotes from Kaetlyn (warning - Rosie DiManno article): Kaetlyn Osmond latest in long line of Canadian skaters in Sochi to undergo drug testing

Good thing she’s an easy-going kid :

“I went out and they were really nice about it. They walked me to the station. It was probably a good thing because if not I would have probably just stayed in my bed all day.”
    So happy for Kaetlyn right now. Just a great job. Fingers crossed that she can do it again in the FP. Thankfully she’s in the last group so her PCS should be higher.

Question – will the start order for the individual SP be determined in the same manner as it was in the team event?
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    No, so far the free program start list has been based on world ranking but they haven't posted the start list for tomorrow's free skates - by the way there is only one group for the free skate.
    When watching live I like everyone to skate clean - but on television the occasional trainwreck can be fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    No, so far the free program start list has been based on world ranking but they haven't posted the start list for tomorrow's free skates -by the way there is only one group for the free skate.
    D'oh! I actually did know that.....

2nd question - with regard to start order at Worlds, do the Olympic results count toward the world rankings? I'm just hating the thought that Kaetlyn will have to claw her way up from the bottom at so many competitions this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    No, so far the free program start list has been based on world ranking but they haven't posted the start list for tomorrow's free skates - by the way there is only one group for the free skate.
    Makes sense since they can have 5 skaters or 5 ice dance teams on the ice for the warm up. Pairs was the only discipline where more than 4 pairs on the ice is too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    D'oh! I actually did know that.....

2nd question - with regard to start order at Worlds, do the Olympic results count toward the world rankings? I'm just hating the thought that Kaetlyn will have to claw her way up from the bottom at so many competitions this season.
    Kaetlyn is only 18. She will have lots of time in the future to establish herself. By the middle of next season she should be in good shape.

vCash
    She skated well and she has a great smile. Rooting for her.

vCash
    Katelyn was fabulous!

vCash
    Kaetlyn is currently 38th in the world standings. Answering my own question, it looks as though the Olympic results do count toward world rankings, so her standing should improve if she finishes well here.

On an interesting side note, Diana Swain spoke with Brenda Irving, Kurt Browning and Carol Lane about the drug testing issue today on CBC Morning. Kurt was somewhat outraged, but Carol in her typical no nonsense fashion said that the athletes know to be prepared for anything at a competition, and should not find being asked to provide a sample a distraction.

vCash
    Fingers x'd for Kaetlyn today in the LP. She has beaten all but one before. Here's hoping she has a terrific skate today and moves up . I know she can do it!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Olympic Silver Medalist!!

vCash
    Kaetlyn's so much fun to watch on the ice; even with mistakes she has a great sense of audience and performance....kind of like another of my favorites Akiko Suzuki. Certainly one of the skaters to keep an eye on in this next quadrennial. Lots and lots of potential still to be tapped, developed, refined.

vCash
    My favourite thing about Kaetlyn is that when she has problems, like on the lutz in the LP today, she doesn't let go of the performance. That's something that's hard to teach! I wish her well for the rest of her Olympic experience!
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    I'm hoping she got her mistakes behind her and can focus on skating her best in the "singles". She's always such a joy to watch.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Kaetlyn’s exuberant tweet about winning the silver medal made our local news broadcast today. She really does have a wonderful attitude. Pleased to hear such nice words from Scott Moir too. Not quite the FP performance she was hoping for I’m sure, but still very good, especially given how little time she’s had to train it. Her protocols are quite good actually – all positive GOE’s except for the fall. Hope she enjoys training in Germany and comes back refreshed and ready to attack.

vCash
    I am so glad she won an Olympic medal because no matter how impressive she was in the team event (especially in the short), the judges didn't seem to have warmed up to her. Her PCS were ridiculous when she had the most complex program of all the ladies and she sold it well. I think she is destined to finish a 5th or 6th even if clean because the judges have already made up their minds. No one dares step in Lipnitskaya's way. It's sad.

vCash
    I love that long program! The short is so cheap in comparison, she really is a huge talent and the most fun loveable personality in the ladies event. I'm loving the progress she has made to her skating this past year, and I love that she is an Olympic silver medalist. Hoping for a top ten and then a world medal! I like her so much more than any other Canadian lady ever.

I think we're back on the same page again with the ladiezz world/olympic contenders Marco
    Last edited by Karpenko; 02-10-2014 at 09:57 AM.

vCash

But I actually like all her programs from last and this seasons.

vCash
    I like 3 out of the 4 - I blame the gloves, I just can't. The choreography is always detailed and well-presented though.. I just can't like the SP. I would rather see Olga Markova do that number, not Kaetlyn. I hope she goes flamenco soon, or something like The Addams Family or Sarabande. I want to see Kaetlyn tap into her darker side.

vCash
    Canadian Kaetlyn Osmond gets her chance as centre of attention

What Osmond brings to Sochi is a precocious unflappability that is rare among young skaters. When she steps on the ice, she seems oblivious to the pressure. “I feel like Kaetlyn really enjoys herself on the ice,” says Rochette, who is in Sochi as a television commentator. “She steps on the ice and is happy to be there and is not seeming to be too nervous about it. It’s good seeing that.”
    Ravi tweeted a very nice photo of Kaetlyn and Joannie the other day: http://t.co/NhqHgoGEES She's scheduled to skate 8th in the SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    Canadian Kaetlyn Osmond gets her chance as centre of attention

Ravi tweeted a very nice photo of Kaetlyn and Joannie the other day: http://t.co/NhqHgoGEES She's scheduled to skate 8th in the SP.
    The Cutie and The Beauty, I love it! Just love Kaetlyn's obvious joy of life when she skates.

vCash
    Good luck, Kaetlyn. Bring the joy to the ice and skate your best. You can do it.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast