Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I also do not understand why there are so many negative comments re: Kaetlyn Osmond. Yes she is a little rough around the edges but she is fearless! Her Challenge programs were great and you can tell there has been improvement over SC. She won SC fair and square; she was the most consistent of the event! While some things looked easy in her Challenge skate, others were a bit of a struggle, so she hasn't peaked yet!

It all comes down to the day and how she will handle the pressure. All eyes will be on her next month as she goes after her first National title and best of luck to her!

vCash
    Kaetlyn punched her ticket for London following Skate Canada. The challenge, Nats and 4CC are all practice comps for her. She only needs to finish in the top 18 at Nationals to make London for the most part.

As for the treatment of her on here, I quote a good friend: "you KNOW Kaetlyn's good; FSU is bashing her"
    She's made the big time!

Let's all keep in mind that she will have a bad competition or two eventually. Hopefully the boards won't explode when that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    As for the treatment of her on here, I quote a good friend: "you KNOW Kaetlyn's good; FSU is bashing her"
    She's made the big time!
    Welcome Kaetlyn to skating forums!

Let's all keep in mind that she will have a bad competition or two eventually. Hopefully the boards won't explode when that happens.
    You wish! There'll be .... like she's done or proof that judges were bribed in Skate Canada.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I also think she would have put in a good showing at NHK had she been invited to go, and might have even made it to the GPfinal.........maybe next year. She's only 16, so there's plenty of time, and I don't think we have to worry about the puberty monster with her as she has a woman's body now has put that phase behind her. She looks much more mature than her age, but her tweets indicate she's every bit a teenager . I'm still hoping that she inspires some of the other young Canadian Women to achieve what she is doing thus far. It's certainly going to make Women's skating a tad more interesting here in Canada. She has that star quality and I hope she can handle it and stay grounded. I'm thinking that Ravi has done a wonderful job with her so far. Go Kaetlyn and team!!!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Yeah. The consensus was that the Ladies final flight at the Regina challenge was much more compelling to watch than the Mens.

vCash
    Kaetlyn will be headlining the Ice Palace Christmas show this Saturday, 1:00 pm at West Edmonton Mall:

http://www.wem.ca/#/hours-rates-cale...ectacular-2634

vCash
    After watching this year's Challenge videos, I went back and watched Kaetlyn at last year's Challenge - the improvement in one year is unbelievable. Actually, I would even say that the improvement between last year's Challenge and Canadians was pretty incredible. Kaetlyn attempted the triple toe-triple toe at last year's Challenge, but fell on it (and the double axel) in the short program, and went on to land 4 triples in the long (two toes, one sal, and one flip). Since that time, she's gotten consistent on the triple-triple, added the double axel-triple toe and triple lutz to the long program, and gained a lot of speed, transitions, and performance ability.

I should also point out that the ladies field as whole showed big improvement over last year's Challenge, where the top 5 all outscored Kaetlyn's winning total score from last year. And last year's winning SP score would have been 9th this year. Hope that we see more of the same at Canadians in January!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post

I should also point out that the ladies field as whole showed big improvement over last year's Challenge, where the top 5 all outscored Kaetlyn's winning total score from last year. And last year's winning SP score would have been 9th this year. Hope that we see more of the same at Canadians in January!
    I can't believe I'm actually excited about the ladies event at Canadians this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Kaetlyn punched her ticket for London following Skate Canada. The challenge, Nats and 4CC are all practice comps for her. She only needs to finish in the top 18 at Nationals to make London for the most part.
    But we have only one ladies spot - I presume they will send the Canadian champion?

Though Osmond is certainly going to be a favourite over Lacoste. This Nationals is hers to lose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I can't believe I'm actually excited about the ladies event at Canadians this year.
    Really? If both have a clean short, Osmond is almost certain to have at least a 5 point lead over Lacoste. And Lacoste isn't even consistent on the harder triples. I think it's a pretty done deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Really? If both have a clean short, Osmond is almost certain to have at least a 5 point lead over Lacoste. And Lacoste isn't even consistent on the harder triples. I think it's a pretty done deal.
    Lacoste's personal best SP is 57 and change; nationally, she's never quite reached 55. Given that Osmond was scored 66.73 for her SP at Challenge, I'd expect a 15-point or more gap between Osmond and Lacoste after the SP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

I'm not sure what your post has to do with mine.

I'm excited about the ladies event because for the first time in a long time, there are some girls up from junior with real potential, showing they're ready to fight for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    I'm excited about the ladies event because for the first time in a long time, there are some girls up from junior with real potential, showing they're ready to fight for it.
    Good news!

vCash
    Gabby Daleman skated at the Celebration onIce show and she is a lively skater with a lot of spunk. Doesnt have Kaetlyn's elegance but I am sure she can acquire more finesse.

vCash
    Good to know Emdee. It seems like Canadian ladies are indeed making an effort. I'll be watching with interest for the first time in a few years. Looking forward to it actually which says a lot.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I just watched Kaitlyn's Canadian National 2012 vid and her recent Skate Canada vid. Her improvement is obvious. Looking forward to seeing her grow.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Good luck to Osmond and the rest of the skaters at Nationals this week.

vCash
    Why do the threads about Canadian ladies always have "hope" in them? Canada never seems to get tired of hoping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Why do the threads about Canadian ladies always have "hope" in them? Canada never seems to get tired of hoping.
    We Canadians believe in the traditional virtues of faith, hope and charity!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    But we have only one ladies spot - I presume they will send the Canadian champion?
    That used to be the case until 1996 when Jennifer Robinson won over Josee at Nats and was automatically sent to worlds where she bombed.
    IIRC, SC implemented a rule after those nationals whereby the National champ automatically gets sent to worlds if there are two or three spots to fill. If there is only one then the federation considers the last 12-15 months (I forget how long) to send the skater with the best body of work. Had they applied that rule in 1996, Josee would have gone to worlds based on her Gold and Bronze on the GP. They HAD to send JRo.

So now you have Katelyn who medalled at last year's nats, finished 10th at JW and then two golds this fall. She's done enough. She's going to London barring some sort of disaster this week.

PS I think the USFSA determines its selections similarly.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast