Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    Russia's never been in a hurry to report withdrawals. Artur Dmitriev was withdrawn from CoC on October 28th, 4 days before the start of the event.

vCash
    I think Kaetlyn could very well make the GPF if she went to NHK. I think even a 4th could get her in as I'm projecting a log jam at 24 points. She wins the first tie breaker with a 1st being her best result.
    Skating in Sochi before Olympics would be invaluable experience.

Having said that, I think SC sees benefits to slowing her pacing and not going to NHK/GPF. She can get lots of work in skating at the Challenge, Nationals, 4CC and Worlds. Much more than that could burn her out by the time London comes around. Plus at the challenge she can try out her 3F/3T and 3L in prep for the rest of the season.

Somehow if SC really wants her at NHK they'll place a call. Question will be how much does that matter to the federation?

vCash
    What good would 'placing a call' do if there is no vacancy at the moment? Whom would they call? The Russian federation? The US federation? The Japanese federation?

vCash
    I think the discussion here is all about scenario planning because of the apparent withdrawal of Shelepen. I think for most of us here it goes without saying that the withdrawal has to be formalized before any action is taken...although I wouldn't be surprised if Federations are talking to each other to get ahead of the game. No way for us to know.

vCash
    Well Osmond didn't get Shelepen's spot (given to Nagasu). Just saw this morning that Czisny has WD from NHK. With the time frame, Japan is not obligated to fill that spot. Czisny just last weekend WD from an ice show in Phoenix. Would make you think that USFSA delayed notifying Japan until the deadline to replace had passed. Be interesting to see how Osmond progresses with all this training time leading up to 4CC and possibly Worlds.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Well Osmond didn't get Shelepen's spot (given to Nagasu). Just saw this morning that Czisny has WD from NHK. With the time frame, Japan is not obligated to fill that spot. Czisny just last weekend WD from an ice show in Phoenix. Would make you think that USFSA delayed notifying Japan until the deadline to replace had passed.
    Alternatively, Alissa skipped the show exactly to give herself as much time as possible to get ready for NHK and -in the end- still didn't get there. It's not all a great konspiracy....

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Sorry to hear Alissa is still injured. I hope she is still able to make it to Nationals and redeem her performance at Worlds with a good skate.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Alternatively, Alissa skipped the show exactly to give herself as much time as possible to get ready for NHK and -in the end- still didn't get there. It's not all a great konspiracy....
    Impossible. I mean that would make too much sense. Anyway, I hope Kaetlyn can get the spot if that is what she wants and if she has enough time to prepare.

vCash
    I find it absolutely ridiculous that they won't give a spot to Osmond who could go to NHK because the event is less than 7 days away. They are being such shytes.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    With Osmond not doing NHK, she has stated she will do Challenge in Regina. Be interesting to see how the JGP skaters (Seguin, Chartrand, and Daleman) do against her. Also, did desanctis and Najarro receive medical byes to Challenge?

vCash
    I notice Desanctis is listed for SC Challenge. Najarro must still be recovering from her injury. With the way Lacoste is skating, she should have done Challenge too.

vCash
    I notice Desanctis is listed for SC Challenge. Najarro must still be recovering from her injury. With the way Lacoste is skating, she should have done Challenge too.
    I think Amelie may be looking for another international comp before Nationals so she can try to get the minimum technical score in the LP.

vCash
    LangleyEventsCentre ‏@LangleyEvents

Skate Canada International champ @Kaetlyn_23 will be in the lineup for Holiday Festival on Ice (Dec 1)! Tickets: http://ow.ly/fB2nt #HFOI
    Retweeted by Kaetlyn Osmond
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Well Kaetlyn Osmond doesn't show any sign of slowing down. At Skate Canada Challenge she scored 66.75 in her sp and 131+ in the lp. 197+ in total. I know there is some national inflation in marks, but remarks in Kiss and Cry section seem to show great programs. Wow. Canada may actually have a world ladies contender

vCash
    Good to hear that Kaetlyn is still progressing. Go girl.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

With Osmond not doing NHK, she has stated she will do Challenge in Regina. Be interesting to see how the JGP skaters (Seguin, Chartrand, and Daleman) do against her. Also, did desanctis and Najarro receive medical byes to Challenge?
    No contest there. Kaetlyn was 13+ ahead of the rest of the field in the SP, 28+ in the LP, and 41+ total.

vCash
    I saw Kaitlyn skate on Skatebuzz and she looks so comfortable and confident. She is just a joy to watch.
    Here is the Senior Ladies results from Challenge:
    http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...catResults.pdf
    1 Osmond
    2 Seguin
    3 Daleman
    4 Chartrand.
    It's so nice to see some girls with real potential in Canada.
    DeSanctis was 14th.

vCash
    Oh, I wish there was a link to her programs to watch. I'm so impressed with this girl for achieving what she has done so far. All of a sudden, I'm acquiring an interest in the Ladies, and looking forward to seeing her skate at Nats.

If anyone has a vid of her at the challenge, could you post a link please
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Great for Kaetlyn! I suspect she is now the definite favorite to win Nationals and grab her first ticket to worlds!

Hope we get to see videos :-)

vCash
    I hate to say this... but if she shows up to Nationals she sure as hell deserves the trip to worlds. Lacoste at her best will stand no chance to beat Osmond with a couple flaws.

Not to over-hype the girl but she is miles ahead of any Canadian lady in EVERY respect; Jump technique, Spins, Skating skills, Performance, Overall Quality, Jump Difficulty, Star Power....the list goes on and on. She also has international momentum going in her favour.

Sorry other ladies, you just don't make the cut.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast