Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow for Kaetlyn!!!! Congratulations

vCash
    Looking forward to the LP to be shown on tv . Excited to see Kaetlyn, she really is fun to watch!

vCash
    With worlds in Canada she can be world champion - be a ladies version of s/p

vCash
    Congratulations to Kaetlyn - truly Canada'a hope!

vCash
    Congratulations Kaetyln Great skates on your first two senior internationals. Ravi please guide her well and help her keep her head on straight ... please!

vCash
    I"m cautiously optimistic for her, hoping wishes won't burden her too much!!

vCash
    I hope Skate Canada keep supporting her but not pressuring her. I would hate to see another Cynthia Phaneuf situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Do you really need to stir up that hornet's nest? I mean, really? No one in their right mind think that Kaetlyn is anywhere near the world's podium let alone winning it. She's got a lot of competing to do before we get to worlds. Talk about exaggerating.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I am thrilled for Kaetlyn and also for her coach Ravi. They have been quoted many times as saying she loves to compete and that so far seems obvious. On another good note, she seems to have her adult body and to have survived those body changes already. I hope, also, they don't put too much pressure on her - she seems plenty self motivated.
    pug lover

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Well with the way Skate Canada over scored her in the LP it could happen. No way should she be getting the same PCS scores as Suzuki especially after Akiko skated a nearly flawless LP. That was just plain wrong but Canada has no problem propping up their skaters at SC as we've seen in the past.. Not taking anything away from Osmond but Suzuki should have won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well with the way Skate Canada over scored her in the LP it could happen. No way should she be getting the same PCS scores as Suzuki especially after Akiko skated a nearly flawless LP. That was just plain wrong but Canada has no problem propping up their skaters at SC as we've seen in the past.. Not taking anything away from Osmond but Suzuki should have won.
    Are all the judges at Skate Canada international Canadian?

Anyway, didn't Osmond have a 5+ points lead after the SP? I'm not seeing the scandal here. Osmond has good basics and her programs are full of transitions and detailed choreography.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Agree. Her skating is not at any top skater's level yet. But look at her PCS . But well it's SC.
    Let's wait and see what she'll score when she skates outside of Canada.

vCash
    She already has skated outside of Canada (Nebelhorn) and won. Her scores there were very similar to here in the long program, with a slightly poorer skate there than she had here.

So we don't have to 'wait and see what she'll score when she skates outside of Canada'. We already know the answer to that.

I agree with those posters that say she has things to work on, but she has made very remarkable progress in the last two years. I have every confidence that the progress will continue this year, barring injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I hope Skate Canada keep supporting her but not pressuring her. I would hate to see another Cynthia Phaneuf situation.
    I was JUST going to say the same thing... Sometimes too much hype (pressure?) too soon can be a bad thing...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I thought the interview with Mike Slipchuk on TSN last night was a good sign. He basically said that they just let her and Ravi do their thing and not get in the way, which is absolutely the right approach in my opinion.

I almost wonder if not having a second GP event could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. It would be great for her to get out to another competition and get more World ranking points, but without another GP there's no pressure to make the GPF and extra training time at home to work on basic skating and potentially adding difficulty (triple loop in the FP, harder triple-triple in the short).

vCash

Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Any pressure on Kaetlyn would likely inadvertently come from fans via the internet.

vCash
    And these fans would be? I haven't seen any pressure for Osmond--at least nothing over the top. She's not exactly the Men's Hockey Team.

vCash
    People need to not fixiat on Kaetlyn's PCS so much, she had those same scores in Nebelhorn. As for Kaetlyn's skating I'm surprised people are allowing themselves to be distracted when we have a young skater who is only 16 who debuted this well. We should be applauding her fierce determination. After all we had some serious blow ups for the ladies in Skate Canada which for me was highly dissappointing. I'm very glad to see Kaetlyn pull it through and win Skate Canada, she deserves congratualations for her effort.

What I wonder is will she be able to get another spot for another Grand Prix event so she can qualify for the finals? I'd like to see Kaetlyn there.

vCash
    I think Osmond was rightly scored. It was Suzuki that was underscored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    And these fans would be? I haven't seen any pressure for Osmond--at least nothing over the top. She's not exactly the Men's Hockey Team.
    Fans in general. It can't be helped, but it happens. Fortunately, Kaetlyn appears to be keeping a level head.

"Even after five years, Vipond is still impressed with Osmond's ability to take things in stride. He assumes she's read things on the Internet touting her as the Canadian lady of the moment, the one who'll make an impact on the international scene, but she doesn't let the pressure get to her. Walia enables her to sustain that attitude by keeping to a plan for steady progress."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast