Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Have you guys even watched The Talking Dead? It's not a university lecture examing the societal implications of the Walking Dead!! It's a cheesefest talk show that shows clips of who got slaughtered that week...and how! It's a silly goofy (and inexpensive) way for the network to make some They don't reveal or cover anything that wasn't already in the show. They just talk about their favourite parts of the show and they review what happened...and when you hear others talk about what they saw, sometimes you realize, "oh, I missed that!" In no way do they explain things that did not happen on the show. Unless they're just wondering out loud about their own thoughts. To me, the coolest thing about the show is that you get ubers of the show from all walks of life talking about how they like the show, or you get actors/directors/writers on the show sharing behind-the-scenes info. It's just silly fun.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I like seeing celebrities like Wil Wheaton and Sarah Silverman on "Talking Dead". They really get into the show and like talking about it.....and they aren't even on it!!! True Ubers.

My favorite guests on "Talking Dead" are the stars that are killed unexpectedly...like T-Dog.

I really get into some of the discussions about each episode.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    More "The Walking Dead" promos for the mid-season finale of Season 3 episode #8 "Made To Suffer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h18wq9FHLnM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ayup...eature=related

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I don't think their should be a show to explain a show either... I don't think I should have to watch another show to explain a show about a comic.

But then again... I should read the comic but choose not to. I guess I am choosing not to watch a show about a show too. Ah frack... guess I could just DVR The Talking Dead and stop being stubborn about it. lol!
    They actually don't explain much. In fact, they seem bound and determined to explain as little possible.

Rather, they give a few interesting tidbits about this and that and answer a few questions (usually very silly). They also show how they do some of the stunts and special effects, and how they make up the zombies, which is intriguing. Sometimes cast members are featured guests.

And the In Memorium sequence (including to the zombies who died twice LOL) has gotten old, but they usually find some way to change it up in a fun way.

The two shows grew together and there is an on-line dimension as well. I like The Talking Dead because it prolongs the experience by another 20 minutes or so.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Reminder: The mid-season finale is tonight!!! It won't be back until February 2013 with 8 new episodes.

AMC is showing all of Season 3's 8 episodes today starting at 2:00pm, leading to the mid-season finale at 9:00pm.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 12-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    It won't be back until February 2013 with 8 new episodes.

vCash
    I think this mid season final thing $ucks.

vCash
    Yep. Oscar just bit the dust. Not sure why they never have more than one black male character at the same time. Tyreese just made his appearance.

vCash
    How is the governor still moving around?

vCash
    Oh BTW... I have been doing some reason and it does not look good for Daryl. I swear I will stop watching the show if they kill him off. Killing off so many characters is a bit too George Martin-esque for my liking. No more for a while pllllllease!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Regarding the 4 new people at the prison: When the show returns, I want to see Carol kick the white guys ass who said "We can take this prison, it's just a woman and a kid" (referring to Carol and Carl). Little does he know, Carol or Carl are tough enough to kick his butt. I don't think that guy is going to last long next season. But his son will probably be a love interest to Hershel's younger 17 year-old daughter, which might cause friction with Carl since he has a crush on her.

Special trailer for season 3 episode #9:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnENBK29N6k
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 12-03-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    A friend of mine just posted this on FB. It couldn't have been said any better:

"catching up on the latest episode of Andrea's post apocalyptic unquenchable thirst for diq."
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Was the hole in the prison fence always there and the group never noticed it or was there something that happened while Rick's group was there that caused it to happen? I

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash

"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

I also wondered how they never found this giant hole in the back of the prison. Probably another huge plot hole that the writers think we are too dumb to notice.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I also wondered how they never found this giant hole in the back of the prison. Probably another huge plot hole that the writers think we are too dumb to notice.
    I amuse myself by finding ways to resolve plot holes/glitches. In this case, I assume that the hole was always there but locked away from the inside. In which case Carl would have opened the gate/door when he heard the noise or perhaps been on the prowl for walkers. The fact that he left them in an area of the prison with food and water suggests he is familiar with it. Remember, he found the infirmary fairly easily so he is obviously learning his way around.

The governor's continuing to walk and talk after being stabbed through the eye with a sharp piece of glass was a real stretch though. The injury needed to have been much less severe for that to be possible. And I'm even more bothered by the hermit in the cabin from last week. It's hard to believe he's survived on his own in the woods and/or been living in that poorly built cabin all this time.

But I'm a sucker for this show. The suspense keeps me on edge despite the glitches. Loved the close of this episode and can't wait until February. But the caveat is they. don't. kill off. daryl.
    Last edited by Japanfan; 12-04-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" mid-season finale ratings breaks records:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...cast-hits.html

"Walking Dead" will return to AMC on Feb. 10, 2013 and "Talking Dead" will directly follow in a new hour-long format at 10 p.m.
    Chad L. Coleman talks Tyrese:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...satisfied.html
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 12-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    They had to have the Gov lose the eye in order to reconcile his character with the books. He's been waaaaaaaaaaaay too nice in the TV show. Kirkman says this is the Gov's motivation to bring the character closer to the original. And, since he wrote the script for last week and the books, I guess he knows what he's doing.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    IMO, This show deserves the Emmy and Golden Globe for Best Drama on TV. But gets over-looked since it's horror/drama.

bird is the word
    vCash
    I was slightly underwhelmed by the mid season finale. I think the episodes building up were more interesting (and nail biting )
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    How is the governor still moving around?
    They had a full hospital staff explain it in great detail on The Talking Dead. Seriously though, I can only guess that it wasn't as bad as it looks? Okay...I'm really stretching with that one. Maybe the nurse gave him some really heavy duty painkillers???

Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    ...his son will probably be a love interest to Hershel's younger 17 year-old daughter, which might cause friction with Carl since he has a crush on her.
    What? They didn't cover this on the Talking Dead!!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast