Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" Recap of episode 6 "Hounded":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-together.html

Congratulations to anyone who recognized the voices of fallen group members Amy (Emma Bell), Jacqui (Jeryl Prescott) and Jim (Andrew Rothenberg) who were the three people Rick talked to on the phone before Lori.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead": A few sneak peaks at Season 3 episode 7 "When The Dead Come Knocking":

#1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCjLI...eature=related

#2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA770d1x6k0

#3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UygYqVfqFM
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 11-21-2012 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    "The Walking Dead" casts the role of Tyreese:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-favorite.html
    Quite shocked they're bringing in Tyreese this late into the series; I had thought T-Dog was intended to be a poor man's version of Tyreese, but that's obviously not true now.

Unless they intend for it to be a small role, I guess Tyreese in the TV show will live for more story arcs than he did in the comics? That would really change things up and make things interesting for the comic fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braulio View Post
    I am glad Carol is alive and expect she is just exhausted and tired and not harmed or has some trouble because of some zombie
    It appears that she has a head injury of some sort, she was quite out of it. She killed the zombie outside the door of the room she was found in (her knife was what alerted Daryl) but must have fallen and hit her head before and after. Carol's really toughened up and it's hard to believe she would choose death by dehydration/starvation over fighting/finding her way back to the group.

vCash
    I am just glad she is alive. Can't wait for the next episode.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Poor Maggie is getting the Machonne treatment! Hope some biter chews his gonads off!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    It's weird how the Govenor says that the other group is dangerous, leaving Merle behind so he had to chop off his hand. This is said to the two who are beaten, sexually assaulted and threatened with murder. Wow, and the other group is dangerous??

Writing error: Surely Machonne knows Merle's name? But the name is conveniently not given so Daryl has no idea his brother is in Woodbury.

I've been wondering for a while how long until all the walkers are wiped out/killed off. Surely there is a limited number? Tonight I thought, "are there no horses...or ropes"? Every day, people could go for a ride on their horses, make lots of noise to attract walkers then lasso them and kill them. You could wipe out a lot of them this way, right? Instead, they let the most dangerous thing run rampant putting themselves in mortal danger constantly. Or maybe there's no horses in Georgia??
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Well we have no idea how many people in the World have been turned. Let's assume it is the majority, as it seems to be, there could be billions of walkers. The other problem is that at first no one realized that the dead would turn. So I assume a lot of people died from starvation, suicide, illness, etc and they all turned because they didn't know everyone was already infected. There are probably still a lot of people out there who don't know this. I do think they could eventually get the situation under control but it really could take a LONG time, much longer than they have had.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Recap of Season 3 episode #7 "When The Dead Come Knocking":
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-knocking.html

"The Walking Dead" Season 3 episode 8 "Made To Suffer" sneak peak (mid-season finale):
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...made-to-suffer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Writing error: Surely Machonne knows Merle's name? But the name is conveniently not given so Daryl has no idea his brother is in Woodbury.
    Not only Merle, but Andrea as well! She spent 8+ months with Andrea, and in all that time I'm sure she shared a lot about Rick and co...who they were, their names, what they looked like, etc.

Do the writers expect us to believe Machonne--who was sooo observant in Woodbury--couldn't take in her surroundings, put 2 and 2 together, and deduce that the group she was with is the same Atlanta group Andrea no doubt talked about?

Argh, lazy lazy writing--that, or Machonne is deliberately withholding information. Maybe there's some twist and she's actually a bad guy? I don't know.

Otherwise she's just a walking, chronically snarling plot-hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post
    Not only Merle, but Andrea as well! She spent 8+ months with Andrea, and in all that time I'm sure she shared a lot about Rick and co...who they were, their names, what they looked like, etc.

Do the writers expect us to believe Machonne--who was sooo observant in Woodbury--couldn't take in her surroundings, put 2 and 2 together, and deduce that the group she was with is the same Atlanta group Andrea no doubt talked about?

Argh, lazy lazy writing--that, or Machonne is deliberately withholding information. Maybe there's some twist and she's actually a bad guy? I don't know.

Yeah, I had a problem with that, but from the other direction. Rick and his crew would NOT head to Woodbury on a rescue mission before getting as much information about the place and the people as possible so they can have some sort of plan. That information would have included descriptions not just of the governor but of his right hand man who's missing a hand and is named Merle.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBZ View Post

I watched The Talking Dead after I posted. They spoke about how everyone is withholding information as a way of having an upper hand. Everybody wants power and knowledge is power, so they only share as much as they need to...it's like their holding onto their cards. As the wise and prolific Kenny Rogers said, "you got to know when to hold 'em...know when to fold 'em..."

vCash
    And once again, this shit shouldn't have to be explained on a show after the show. Talented writers could work all that in.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I think PrincessLeppard should pull out her "The Expendables" DVD set as this high-brow art is getting to her...

vCash
    I love this show, and that's why it frustrates me. If you need a show to explain your show, you aren't doing it right.

vCash
    They should hire Bill Clinton then. a.k.a. The chief of explaining things.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I've read the comics and The Talking dead still helps explain things for me. Of course, they're more drawing than dialog. And lots of unhs....
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    I can't imagine not watching "Talking Dead" after each new episode of "The Walking Dead". They just go together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I've been wondering for a while how long until all the walkers are wiped out/killed off.
    A long time. Though I'm sure the show will end with a solution having been found.

Surely there is a limited number? Tonight I thought, "are there no horses...or ropes"? Every day, people could go for a ride on their horses, make lots of noise to attract walkers then lasso them and kill them. You could wipe out a lot of them this way, right? Instead, they let the most dangerous thing run rampant putting themselves in mortal danger constantly. Or maybe there's no horses in Georgia??
    I've also thought that some well-trained dogs would come in handy (though there is the barking issue). And a few cows and goats to keep in the camp or the prison. Goats would be easier because they'll eat pretty much anything. You would have goats milk and goats cheese. . .and milk for the wee ones.

The problem is getting to the horses or goats. The walkers have eaten some of them, presumably. You need an appropriately vehicle and you need to make a run, and making a run can be dangerous.

But were I a member of the group, I'd be on the goat beat for sure.

vCash
    I don't think their should be a show to explain a show either... I don't think I should have to watch another show to explain a show about a comic.

But then again... I should read the comic but choose not to. I guess I am choosing not to watch a show about a show too. Ah frack... guess I could just DVR The Talking Dead and stop being stubborn about it. lol!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast