Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

vCash
    I haven't read the comics but you're right, looks like we're heading down the same path again. I sure hope there are some new twists added soon. I really enjoyed last season and the start of this season but the last couple episodes haven't been exciting at all. Hopefully the "mid season finale" perks things up a bit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    I haven't read the comics but you're right, looks like we're heading down the same path again. I sure hope there are some new twists added soon. I really enjoyed last season and the start of this season but the last couple episodes haven't been exciting at all. Hopefully the "mid season finale" perks things up a bit
    I agree. While it's fine to show what the governor has been up to, more time than necessary has been devoted to it IMO. Introducing a whole new cast of characters doesn't hold my interest, especially since they've already thinned out the characters with the new additions to the prison community.

I'm much more interested in finding out how the folks at the prison are doing, and what's up with Carol - whereas I really don't care about the new characters and their romances at all.

vCash
    Hoping for a great show tonight

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    Hoping for a great show tonight
    Me too! Mid-season finale. No new episodes until February.

vCash
    Oh gosh, that long??? Tonight should be really good then ....

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    What did everyone think?

I knew Herschel was a goner so was not at all surprised when he was killed. Still upsetting, though.

Glad that the Governor is finally dead.

Is the baby actually dead? I know the carrier was empty and had what looked like a lot of blood in it but they left it open enough to bring her back. The blood could have gotten there after someone took her out and left the carrier behind.

I let out a really loud cheer when the girl shot that woman right in the head. How can she kill a person but she couldn't hurt a zombie? I am confused by that, really contradictory character development but I guess the point is that people make really weird decisions in this world.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    So sad about Hershel. Going to miss him.
    Couldn't be happier about the Governor.
    I don't think Judy is dead. I'm sure someone got her to the bus with the other young children.
    Glad Carol trained the sisters well. The older one sure is a bit of a head case but she sure came thru when it counted.
    Do they all have a meeting place? There are at least 5 different splits ~ Rick, Maggie, Daryl, Tyrone, the bus with Glenn ... maybe more that I'm not thinking of.
    I hope the girl with the pigtails who wouldn't fight for the governor makes friends with a good group.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I would be shocked if they don't have a meeting place. That would be a really big mistake to have planned for so much and not thought about where to meet up. It may take some longer to get there, though. Some may not make it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the focus on the rest of the season. I am just so darn glad they have to leave that prison!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I would be shocked if they don't have a meeting place. That would be a really big mistake to have planned for so much and not thought about where to meet up. It may take some longer to get there, though. Some may not make it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the focus on the rest of the season. I am just so darn glad they have to leave that prison!
    Yes, they do have a habit of dragging out things that the audience would prefer to be resolved sooner. When Sophia went missing, it occupied about six episodes.

I would think they do have a meeting place, but that place could easily be overrun. As indicated by the last shot, the noise of the battle is going to attract any zombie within hearing distance.

I loved the talk/interaction between Rick and the Governor. Although the Governor's major melt-down could have been predicted, his level of destruction was nonetheless quite something to witness IMO.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead" Season 4 Mid-season finale recap/spoiler: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...s-spoiler.html

vCash
    I'm finally caught up! I watched it On Demand.

For the future, if Norman Reedus is not going to appear in an episode, I would like to be notified beforehand....

That said, I thought this season started out very strong, much better than season three, which I still haven't seen all of... But I thought it all started to go awry with the two episodes focused on the governor. I agree with whomever posted above that they don't really care about the new characters--I also think you could've condensed those two episodes into one, if you really had to just focus on him.

I didn't mind the final episode and I do think it will be interesting to watch them all get to the meeting place (I assume there is one as well...), and I think Carol will be back, too.

That all said, I didn't mind them staying at the prison. I think it was interesting to watch the dynamics of trying to set up a new society, and they ventured out enough to have enough interesting zombie fights. (the scene with the helicopter on the roof was awesome.)

Looking forward to the new season, as long as there aren't any Daryl-less episodes.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Not sure if it's because I'm excited for the return of "The Walking Dead" next Sunday and the combination of winter weather, but I had a strange dream last night.

The zombies would fall and slide down a steep icy road causing a multi zombie pile up. Other zombies were trying to walk on flat icy patches and kept falling and couldn't get up.

How stupid of a dream is that?

vCash
    Actually, it isn't. In most zombie books (I've, uh, read quite a few), at some point, the characters tend to head north because the zombies freeze in the winter and it's easier to kill them and one doesn't have to worry as much about an attack.

Of course, with the Walking Dead being in Atlanta, outside of their fluke weather last week, this is not a plausible scenario for that show.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    The cast of "The Walking Dead" will be on "Conan" tonight!!! Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Lauren Conrad....

vCash
    My favorite Conan/Norman moment:

Crossbow Training

vCash
    Well, Daryl wasn't in the episode, but other than that, I thought it was a pretty good episode. I thought Chandler Riggs has really come into his own as an actor, and did an excellent job. And I used to find Michonne annoying, and now I want to be her.

vCash
    Scariest episode yet. There were literally parts where I couldn't watch when Carl was in the house by himself. I had headphones on, and I don't know if it was because the sound was more intense or if I was just creeped out because it's late and I've been watching the Olympics for days now and the violence was such a change - but this episode really got to me. When the walkers had Carl cornered I think I may have screamed - probably woke up the whole house! Really good episode. Great start to the new season!

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Best episode in a long time. Next week looks really good too.

I buy those big cans of chocolate pudding all the time.

Herchel's head.

I want more of Michonne's back story too.
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 02-10-2014 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    My sister was hiding her face under the blanket during that part when Carl was fighting off the walker in the house too. It wasn't an action filled episode but there were several "Oh shit!!" moments.

I thought the episode was fantastic. Great acting all around, particularly from Chandler Riggs (Carl) who pretty much carried this episode.

I really love the character development in this one for Carl. He was so mad at Rick for letting everything fall apart that he was ready to prove to himself that he could go at it alone. The power struggle at the beginning was really interesting; Rick trying to assert his dominance as the one in charge despite the fact he could barely walk. Seeing Rick all beat up like that made Carl lose respect for him in addition to the fact that he already resents him for not handling the Governor when he had the chance and everything that followed. Carl sets out on his own to prove to himself that he could handle taking care of himself but the fact that he almost died twice in that one day was all of the reassurance he needed to know he couldn't do it...to the point when he though Rick was a walker he was ready to give up. For a minute there I thought Rick really was a walker! That'd have been one helluva twist but I wouldn't put it past these writers.

I like that we got to get some back story on Michonne and see her turn a corner as well. She defaulted back to dead-inside survival mode but realized that that wasn't what she wanted or who she was anymore. It's good to understand why holding Judith elicited that kind of reaction from her. We all all figured she had a child at some point but, judging from the dream, it seems like she, her baby, boyfriend and his friend all survived the initial outbreak of the zombies. It seems as if the boyfriend (Mike) took his own life and possibly Michonne's son's life too b/c he couldn't see the point of trying to live in this new world. That's what I got from the conversation she had at the BBQ shack when she found the note from the guy saying "Please do what I couldn't". I loved her walker kill spree therapy session and it was great that she was able to find Rick and Carl at the end. For a second there I thought the writers would be cruel and have her just miss them or something, even to the point where when she saw them through the window I was like, "Hurry up and get inside before something sneaks up and starts gnawing on you!"

The ending was really great and made me smile. I was all warm and fuzzy which usually never happens on this show. I like that they didn't cram everyone into one episode. This one was about Rick/Carl & Michonne and new week it looks like we'll see just about everyone else.

So glad this show is back!!

vCash
    I'm so glad it's back too. I admit it .... I jumped off the couch at one point. Great episode! Welcome back, we've missed you!

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast