Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    (I will quibble a bit about the nature of her death....1. If it's a choice between baby's life vs mom's life, in a zombie apocalypse you save the one who can handle a gun and knows when to be quiet, and....2. Lori should have had a bit more time; would her labor have been that fast and would she have died that quickly from the emergency caesarian? She might have been able to hold on until they could get Hershel there)
    Was there a choice though? The way I saw it, Lori was a goner no matter what.

Either way the baby had to come out, dead or alive. She was bleeding internally and wasn't dilated so c-section was the only option. Maggie cut her open with a dirty, bloodcrusted knife, with no medical training to guide her, so I imagine the incision was imprecise and messy. Not to mention the enormous amount of blood loss they had no way of replacing in the moment, and no tools to sew her back up again. All this being done in a non-sterile environment littered with risk of infection.

I just can't see how they could've chosen to save Lori over the baby. Given the circumstances, the only life they could save was the baby.

In terms of time, I would assume with lots of blood loss, one can die pretty quickly.

If in fact she is dead, which has to be the only realistic scenerio, I'd wish the writers would give us definitive closure to her death. That bloated Zombie could not have eaten all of Lori's remains. But if somehow she is still alive, that would be ridiculous as well. How could Carol save her with no tools to sew her back up and no means to replace all the blood loss?

Ah well. Guess just have to wait and see.

vCash
    Lori is definitely dead, confirmed by press interviews Sarah has done.

I have hopes for Carol. They wouldn't kill her character off-screen. In my mind, no body = not dead.

I met Danai tonight at a TV Guide party. First off, she is beautiful. She has a great smile. She laughed when I told her we never get to see it because Michonne is scowling all the time. She couldn't talk about the show obviously but I have a feeling she definitely has more range.

vCash
    I only would like to see Lori ´alive´ if that mean that Carol saved her or something like that, I WANT CAROL BACK!

vCash
    I want Carol back too
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    So, Rick is acting like a moron. Again. I don't buy this reaction. Grief stricken, yes. Stupid and catatonic? No.
    I don't know, his reaction seemed on point to me. Devastation and emotional shock can fcuk with you in terrible ways, both physically and emotionally. Losing someone he loved but then hated at the same time...that's a big mix of emotions to handle and he couldn't. I've had the sense Rick hasn't been right since he killed Shane and losing Lori like that finally drove him over the edge. I'm surprised he didn't break sooner.

Honestly, I didn't put two and two together when I saw the fat walker. When Rick walked into the room I was like, "Oh lord, he's about to find Lori..." but then all they showed was the blood and the bullet. For some reason my mind figured "Oh, okay they must have retrieved her body and buried it..." Even when I saw the bloated zombie, for some reason it didn't click that that walker had eaten Lori. I think it's b/c I couldn't imagine one walker would finish off an entire person. True, Glenn was always telling Lori she was too skinny () but still...that just doesn't make sense. I didn't even realize all the hair or whatever in its mouth...I was shocked when Rick started stabbing the stomach though. I hadn't made the walker-ate-Lori connection, I thought Rick attacking the stomach was him venting his frustration at the baby...that's why I was so shocked!! Now I get it though...it was his frustrations at Lori, and that makes it okay.

OMG, how sweet was Darryl with the baby? I swear, if they ever kill him off the fans will riot!! I live in GA; I can find out where they film. I love how when he shot the possum he said, "Dinner."

I don't think Carol is dead. In the promo they find her knife in a walker's head so she's still fighting. How has she not found her way back yet? IDK, I guess the prison is pretty big and kind of maze like. I think they'll find her...maybe that was her calling on the phone? It makes sense if she was lost. Why not call out and see if you get anyone?

Andrea seems to be catching on to how effed up Woodbury is. Toothless zombie wrestling? Really?? And we thought Hershel was bad keeping his walker family in the barn...at least he wasn't playing dress up with them! He combed part of her scalp off!!

I'm not convinced the Governor is just going to let Michonne walk away free and clear. I think he'll be sending Meryl and some of his boys after her. I think Glenn and Maggie are going to make a run into town...maybe they'll run into Michonne?

I'm loving this season so far! Next week should be interesting...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I don't know, his reaction seemed on point to me. Devastation and emotional shock can fcuk with you in terrible ways, both physically and emotionally. Losing someone he loved but then hated at the same time...that's a big mix of emotions to handle and he couldn't. I've had the sense Rick hasn't been right since he killed Shane and losing Lori like that finally drove him over the edge. I'm surprised he didn't break sooner.
    Not to mention, Lori gave Shane reason to hope the two of them might get together again, which led to Shane getting Rick alone in the woods and then Rick killing Shane. And after that horrible evening, when the survivors had escaped to temporary safety, Rick took charge in a new a way and Lori just rejected him at a time when he really needed her.

So then there was distance between them, and Rick wouldn't respond to Lori's gestures of warmth.

All of that alone is a lot to deal with, add to it her unexpected death, it's not surprising he went of his rocker. Of course, the death was predictable. After all, Carol knew that a c-section might be required and was practicing. Hershel knew that something might be wrong as the baby wasn't moving.

Rick apparently was oblivious to all of that, but perhaps that is understandable. There were a lot of zombies to kill, after all. And dealing with the pregnancy would lead him back to his issues with Shane, so maybe he preferred to just avoid it entirely.

vCash
    I don´t know if it´s clear but, the baby is of Shane or Rick?

vCash
    Shane's

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It is Shane's? I don't remember finding that out and I am not sure there is any real way to know other than simple math but Lori was with both of them very close together. Didn't she do the nasty with Shane the same day Rick returned? If this baby was conceived around that time then it is impossible to know.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I got the impression that Lori and Shane were doing the nasty for quite a while before Rick's return. To me it was strongly hinted that the baby was Shane's.

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Who knows with Lori. Carl is probably the mailman's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Who knows with Lori. Carl is probably the mailman's.
    Unkind and unfair. As Lori pointed out herself, Shane did make it real clear that Rick was dead. And she got together with Shane to help deal with her grief at losing Rick - in her words IIRC "to feel something"

vCash
    Sleeping with 2 men hardly makes someone a ho. Esp if it happens in a zombie apocalypse. ;-)
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Preview "The Walking Dead" episode 6 "Hounded":
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...g-dead-hounded

vCash
    Boy have Rick ever lost it!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I got the impression that Lori and Shane were doing the nasty for quite a while before Rick's return. To me it was strongly hinted that the baby was Shane's.
    I think they were sleeping together for a while before Rick's return but that has absolutely nothing to do with who is the father of her child. If she conceived around the time of Rick's return (even within 1 month) then how can we possibly know? I am trying to think what kind of hint you got other than for timing to be mentioned, which I don't remember. There is no DNA test and even if you say the timing doesn't add up for Rick you have to remember that her length of gestation was only a guess and we don't know if the child was pre-mature or past due for that matter. Can you please tell me what hint you got because it is killing me that I missed something so obvious.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Spin Alissa Spin!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    Sleeping with 2 men hardly makes someone a ho. Esp if it happens in a zombie apocalypse. ;-)
    How do we know it was just 2? She could have been "feeling" something from Merle at the time. She just thought he was dead too and never said anything. I'm waiting for Merle to show up at the prison at some point and say "Whadda ya know - the kid has my eyes". The kid did take a liking to possible Uncle Daryl.

Merle has a way of talkin' to the ladies. My favorite line from Season 3 episode 4:

Merle to Andrea: "Hey blondie - How come we never hooked up?"

Andrea to Merle: "Because you called me a whore ....and a rug-muncher".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    Merle has a way of talkin' to the ladies. My favorite line from Season 3 episode 4:

Merle to Andrea: "Hey blondie - How come we never hooked up?"

Andrea to Merle: "Because you called me a whore ....and a rug-muncher".
    Rather, he has a way of scaring the ladies away I would say.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I think they were sleeping together for a while before Rick's return but that has absolutely nothing to do with who is the father of her child. If she conceived around the time of Rick's return (even within 1 month) then how can we possibly know? I am trying to think what kind of hint you got other than for timing to be mentioned, which I don't remember. There is no DNA test and even if you say the timing doesn't add up for Rick you have to remember that her length of gestation was only a guess and we don't know if the child was pre-mature or past due for that matter. Can you please tell me what hint you got because it is killing me that I missed something so obvious.
    There was never anything overt, but rather subtle and unsaid. Towards the end of the first season we began to suspect Lori was preggers. However Rick spent most of the first season away from the group. Shane had more opportunity and then there was his reaction when he found out she was expecting. Then Lori tried to hide her pregnancy from Rick. Perhaps she suspected Shane as the father and was worried about Rick's reaction. Then Rick assures her he will look after her when he learns about the baby. If he was her only partner then it would be a given that Rick has to look after both her and the baby so he would not need to say so. If anything the discussion would have been should they keep the kid given the world they are living in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If he was her only partner then it would be a given that Rick has to look after both her and the baby so he would not need to say so. If anything the discussion would have been should they keep the kid given the world they are living in.
    Rick reassured her than it didn't matter. Remember, Shane insisted that Rick was dead. In all probability Rick was dead, but he didn't tell her the truth.

And they had that discussion. Lori considered that she might be giving birth in a ditch and that the newborn might endanger them all. But the possibility of a new fresh life in such a world was really alluring I suppose. Gave them something to live for in world of death. IMO that flew in the face of all reason, but there it is.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast