Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Did not catch the season opening episode Sunday because it is on at the same time as copper and choose to watch that show instead. But I am still hoping to catch the show during one of it's many re-runs.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    So there is a chance that AMC will repeat on episode of The Walking Dead??

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    I couldn't believe how graphic the final scene was.

Fun coincidence. Right when I was moving out of my old building, a new guy was moving in. We both work in entertainment and I was like, "oh, what do you do?"

Ended up he is the editor for "The Walking Dead" -- Jules Ramsay. I would've stayed just to be able to pick his brain, but I'm sure he has an airtight nda.

bird is the word
    vCash
    So...is Lori going to have a zombie baby? Because that would be awesome!
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Did not catch the season opening episode Sunday because it is on at the same time as copper and choose to watch that show instead. But I am still hoping to catch the show during one of it's many re-runs.
    You can watch the Season 3 premiere of "The Walking Dead" here on AMCTV.com.:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...e-walking-dead

You can watch "Talking Dead" too. The half-hour chat show after the premiere.:
    http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...talking-dead-2

The 4-part Webisodes are fun to watch too.

vCash
    Haven't been able to see it so hopefully tomorrow when I'm off I will do just that. LOL

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    "The Walking Dead"'s Steven Yeun and Lauren Cohan talk Glen and Maggie's love in a world of walkers:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...f-walkers.html

Glen and Maggie are 2 of my favorite characters on the show. I'd also like to see what develops between Daryl and Carol.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My favorite was when Carol came onto Daryl into a half joking way and then Daryl said "I'll go down first" while climbing down. I think Carol even made a funny remark about it but I was already too busy spitting out my drink.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Finally saw the season premier and I feel for Daryl.He look so uncomfortable! hehehehe That must have been the first time in his life a chick hit on him.

vCash
    Liking the first two episodes this season. It seems like they're picking up the pace through the comic's story arcs - I think they packed maybe 2-3 comics worth of plot in the past episode. Even as a fan of the comics, I think they spent waaaay too much time on the farm last season, so for me this is an improvement.

It's interesting how they seem to be merging Hershel's comic story lines with Dale's now that the latter is RIP. Also interesting to see in the next episode preview that they may make Michonne/Andrea's storyline run in parallel with the prison story arc - another time-saving way to cover more source material in a shorter time.

Daryl is IMO the best change from the comic to the TV series. His character is gritty and likeable, and he's like a wild card thrown into the mix so he's a good reason for someone who's read the comics to watch and see how he changes the group dynamics and how things play out.

What do the fans who haven't read the comics think of this season so far?

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Why don't they spend more time killing the zombies "safely" through the prison fences and jail bars? They could clear out so many more instead of risky hand to hand.

Not sure why they didn't let the last 2 prisoners join the group. Are they going to turn away everyone they meet now?

I'm sure they could have found a portable generator or 2 to use on occasion. Better hand weapons/crossbows. They aren't very good at scavenging.

I really don't like Carl. Can't he go and get himself lost for a few seasons.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    DishNetwork has struck a multi-year deal with AMC finally!!! Now I can watch "The Walking Dead" on TV again.:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...year-deal.html

Glenn Mazzara talks "Rick's" new outlook and what happened in the prison:
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...he-prison.html
    Last edited by AliasJohnDoe; 10-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AliasJohnDoe View Post
    I really don't like Carl. Can't he go and get himself lost for a few seasons.
    That's how we ended up spending an entire season on the farm!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    What do the fans who haven't read the comics think of this season so far?
    I've heard things here and there about what happens in the comics but I've never read them. I think the comic book fans are getting a treat because (from what I understand) it's the same characters from the comic book and some of the same circumstances, but some of the outcomes are different. Almost like it's a parallel universe to the comics...that's what I've heard anyway.

For me, I'm loving this season. I know some people thought season 2 moved too slow (I disagree, I loved it!) but this one has definitely picked up the pace.

I am most impressed with Rick's character. I love it when you can see the change in a character as they go through things and it's obvious from season 1 (when he was running back to Atlanta to save Merle) to now (where he's hatcheting legs and machete-ing live people in the head) that Rick is hardened and has been changed quite a bit. I'm sure at some point the change will catch up to him and cause him some grief, but for the most part he's had to adapt to this harsh and unforgiving world...and it's made him somewhat harsh and unforgiving.

Last season he wanted to keep everyone safe but was reluctant to make the tough decisions and it usually came back to bite him. He's not taking any chances this season and I like it! I used to look at Shane and think, "that's the guy you don't want to f*** with" but now I look at Rick and I'm like, "no, that's the guy you really don't want to f*** with!" I mean, Shane never macheted a guy in the head in front of everyone! That was intense! But when he did it, I cheered. It's obvious that Tomas guy was a true killer; and after he tried to kill Rick twice in 10 seconds, what other choice did he have? I think Tomas assumed Rick didn't have it in him...that's why he didn't even move during their little standoff. Boy was he wrong. And then the way Rick chased the other guy out into the yard full of walkers and left him...yeah, our boy has definitely changed. I feel sorry for the two prisoners in block D; I think they would have been okay to join the group but at the same time, you can't trust anyone.

I'm glad Hershel is okay but I'm wondering what kind of a liability he'll be now with the one leg...and as for Lori and her zombaby, it will be interesting to see what happens with that. I love how Rick shut her down at the end! Lori aggravates me. I don't like her.

I am enjoying the season so far. This is probably the best new show I've added to my extensive list of shows in quite a while. Can't wait til next Sunday!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Great episode tonight. Lots of interesting stuff happened, they sure moved the plot along. And I was okay having a week off of the Bickersons. As much as I love (to hate) them!

Some questions:

1. Why/how do walkers keep moving towards humans? Do they go on sense of smell? Sound?

2. It's been over a year since the whole zombie thing started (did we find out how it all started...we began with Rick waking up out of a coma,right?) - haven't all the zombies been killed off by now? And how do zombies survive anyway...human flesh/blood? (Isn't there a limited supply of that out there?)

3. I know that Merle had a gun pointed at the heads of Andrea and Michonne, but did they not think that warning Merle that a zombie was coming up behind him might bite them in the a** (if he survived that zombie)? Or were they hoping the zombie would kill Merle and they would escape. Because if I was Merle now...I'd be holding a grudge.

4. Has anyone in the history of television over-acted as much as Danai Gurira as Michonne?

5. What the heck is up with that final scene of the Govenor's decapitated head collection? And the head at the top...the camera seemed to linger on that one as if it held special importance. Is that something we need to learn about later, or did I miss something?

vCash
    This show is soooooo hyped, so I started it. Halfway through season 1... and it's so far the SLOWEST show I have ever seen. Nothing happens! Am told it gets much better though so I'll keep watching. :p

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Great episode tonight. Lots of interesting stuff happened, they sure moved the plot along. And I was okay having a week off of the Bickersons. As much as I love (to hate) them!

Some questions:

1. Why/how do walkers keep moving towards humans? Do they go on sense of smell? Sound?

2. It's been over a year since the whole zombie thing started (did we find out how it all started...we began with Rick waking up out of a coma,right?) - haven't all the zombies been killed off by now? And how do zombies survive anyway...human flesh/blood? (Isn't there a limited supply of that out there?)

3. I know that Merle had a gun pointed at the heads of Andrea and Michonne, but did they not think that warning Merle that a zombie was coming up behind him might bite them in the a** (if he survived that zombie)? Or were they hoping the zombie would kill Merle and they would escape. Because if I was Merle now...I'd be holding a grudge.

4. Has anyone in the history of television over-acted as much as Danai Gurira as Michonne?

5. What the heck is up with that final scene of the Govenor's decapitated head collection? And the head at the top...the camera seemed to linger on that one as if it held special importance. Is that something we need to learn about later, or did I miss something?
    1. Sound, sight, smell. Remember season 1 in Atlanta, they covered themselves with walker blood and guts to mask their smell.

2. They never really said how it started, and the CDC guy wasn't much help in explaining much. I believe on last nights episode, they mentioned zombies starve at a much slower rate than humans. Super slow rate.

3. Not sure what to make of Merle yet. Hoping for some flashbacks after he cut off his hand.

4. Tanith Belbin - when she makes an "O" face.
    (Michonne is very quiet and untrusting. A lot has happened to Michonne and her back story.)

5. The head in the top glass was the pilot they found. They must have killed him too.
    I don't want to spoil too much about the comics governor.

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazactaz View Post
    This show is soooooo hyped, so I started it. Halfway through season 1... and it's so far the SLOWEST show I have ever seen. Nothing happens! Am told it gets much better though so I'll keep watching. :p
    Season 1 is only 6 episodes. And it was fast-paced with good action and story.

Season 2 is 13 episodes but did get a little slow during the farm stay. it picked up quick in the second half of the season.

Season 3 so far has been fast-paced. It will have 16 episodes. (8 in the fall 2012 and 8 in the spring of 2013)

ETA: I hope you keep watching and give it a chance. It's my favorite show on TV. Followed by "American Horror Story" and "True Blood" and "Dexter".

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    My bf has this theory that the Governor is brewing the zombies and drinking it in that tea. They made special mention of the tea and sure went out of their way to show multiple cups of tea poured at breakfast. If that is true then EWWWW but I can't put anything past this show/comic. I really want someone to tell me what exactly is up with the Governor but I know I should let it play out and enjoy the show.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I don't think anyone could tell you exactly what's up with the Governor as they've changed it up quite a bit from the novels. I think the core character is the same, but they are taking things in a different direction. The producers and writers said they wanted to keep it interesting for those who've read the comics. I read this chapter and it's going to be interesting to see what they do decide to keep.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast