Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up "The Walking Dead" Season 3: The Apocalypse is Coming!

ETA: I had so much fun reading back through the thread for season 2! Only a little over 2 weeks until the premiere!!

Just wondering...

I started watching it back in June after a friend recommended it to me and I got hooked! I went through season one in about three days and watched all of season two that weekend. If you're into blood, gore and zombies (something I really didn't think I was all that into...) then it's a must. I got both of my sisters hooked on it and my brother is watching season one now. My mom was too squeamish to handle it! I haven't gotten around to getting my dad hooked but I think he'd like it too.

Any other fans here?
    Last edited by kwanatic; 09-28-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Lots of us! The season two thread made it to six pages. Here's the link:

The Walking Dead - Season Two
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Any other fans here?
    Me, me! I love it!

vCash
    I went back about 11 threads but I didn't see anything. I'm all late to the party but WOW! what an awesome show!

How do you change the title of thread? Hey mods, can we change this thread to "The Walking Dead - Season 3!!"

Thanks

bird is the word
    vCash
    Walking Dead!!!!!! Cant wait till the new season starts!
    "Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead." - Homer Simpson

vCash
    I'm going to give it about two episodes and if it's the same (let's all stand around and bicker), I'm done.

If it's more like the first few episodes of season one (and the first two of season two), I'm in.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    Cant wait till the new season starts!
    October 14th is the date. Here's a season three trailer on youtube

ETA: ohmigosh...just watched the trailer. Another season of stupid people doing stupid things!!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    I'm going to give it about two episodes and if it's the same (let's all stand around and bicker), I'm done.

If it's more like the first few episodes of season one (and the first two of season two), I'm in.
    Based on the comic books, lots of stuff happens in this chapter. They don't exactly follow the books, but there are some critical events.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I'm thoroughly hooked on this show. The cliffhangers keep me. . .well, hanging. . .and I'm fascinated by a lot of the survivors and their development, particularly Hershel and Glen.

Yes, the pissing contest between Shane and Rick went on too long. And the show has some obvious continuity glitches. Half of the night scene on the final episode was shot in daylight and there is no way any of the guns would have as much ammo as the gums on the episode seem to. And there are some obvious 'duh' moments too. Like why did they start focusing on developing a stash of non-gun weapons that didn't make noise a long time ago?

Still, as I said, I'm hooked. Hooked enough to be getting excited the way I used to as a kid waiting for Walt Disney to air. And I always have to wait to Monday night to watch because Mr. Japanfan works on Sunday. The wait is always tough.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Starts back up tomorrow! I can't wait!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    That trailer is just WOW!
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    I am looking forward to tonight. Hopefully the promo is accurate and this year is more fast-paced and intense. Last year was often a snooze but apparently part of that was because of budget reasons. Its why one of the producers quit. He was mad that Mad Men got a huge amount of money and WD's was cut. AMC has had a Walking Dead marathon going on for two days now to get viewers ready.

My only complaint is I have to wait to watch Revenge later since they both air at the same time.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    For those who've read the comics, there will be a significant difference in the Governor at least in the beginning. I'm not certain how I feel about this and will just have to wait and see what they do with the character.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I am also a fan of the show...

vCash
    I am really looking forward to the new season.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Humans: 114. Zombies: 0. (Well, maybe one...can Herschel survive that...umm....surgery???)

Alissa Fan Forever
    vCash
    Been a fan since the first episode and it's my #1 show.

But DishNetwork removed AMC. Now I have to find ways to catch up on episodes.

vCash
    Man, these idiots

1. You do not risk someone as valuable as Herschel in your "Clean out the Prison" scheme. Come on. Not only is he old and slow (and thus not exactly up to Rick- or Daryl-level zombie killing), but he's the doctor. Come on now.

2. What was rule #2 (IIRC) in the movie Zombieland? Double-tap. Do not pass a prone zombie and just assume he's permanently dead. He could wake up and bite you in the leg. I would have had someone on pointy stick patrol, to finalize any "possibly not permanently deceased" bodies.

3. Hope Rick cleaned that hatchet of zombie blood before using it to slice off Herschel's leg. Otherwise, it'll still get infected. Unless he cauterizes it quick.

vCash
    Pointy stick patrol!!!

vCash
    Excellent opening episode!

I love how at the beginning you can see how cohesive the group is. They move like a unit as they sweep the house...even Carl is clearing rooms by himself. Carl was on my nerves last season! Hopefully he'll make up for it a bit this season...

The tension with Rick and Lori is pretty bad, but what did you expect? I'm not a big fan of Lori so I think she deserves everything she gets. Remember in season two during a flashback where she was complaining to her friend that Rick was just too even tempered and never blew up at her or got angry? Well, it looks like she got her wish.

I love how Maggie is running with the boys now and is a part of the "strike team"...GIRL POWER!!

Speaking of girl power, Michonne is awesome! Nothing cooler than a chick with a katana blade! It looks like she and Andrea made it through the winter okay but Andrea's sick or something. I'm interested in seeing where their story goes...

Darryl is still Darryl which means he's awesome...anybody think something is going to happen b/w him and Carol this season? Hmmm...good to see she's contributing now. Except where she almost shot Rick!

I love how methodically they cleared the jail yard and then went in all Greek military style (according to Talking Dead) and cleared the courtyard. And the armored zombies were totally like something out of a video game! That's the first thing I thought when I saw them...

I was thinking the same thing about the double tap thing with the zombies in the hallway. Something told me the ankle biter wasn't all the way dead, but I was happy to see Rick take the hack-a-tibia routine. If you think about it like a snake bite, isolate the venom so it doesn't affect the whole body. Same thing with the bite; hack the leg, save the body...or I'm sure that was the thought. We have to see if Hershel survives...it would suck to lose the damn doctor!

I had the luxury of watching all of season 1 and 2 without having to wait...I'm going to go crazy waiting on this show every week!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast