vCash

Tablet Recommendations?

I'm looking for a tablet that has word processing and connects to a keyboard. I also want the backlighting (not sure if that is the correct term) so I can see the screen when there is sunlight shining on it. I don't really need anything too fancy so I don't need to spend too much money on it.

Otherwise, maybe I just need to get some sort of screen protector so I can use it in the car?? (I would be a passenger, obviously!) I've tried using my laptop in a car before but could not see the screen very well in sunlight.

vCash
    How about Asus Transformer book? I have on iPad myself and I'm very happy with it.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    If you're going to be doing a lot of keyboarding I too recommend a 2-in-1 like the Asus Transformer or the Windows Surface. An iPad with add-on keyboard is another option (the first two have better keyboards for longterm use, imo).

If you're doing work that will need to be swapped with other computers you'll want to consider compatibility -- not nearly the problem these days as it was back when the Mac-Windows wars first started, but still sometimes an issue.

Pretty much any tablet will connect to a keyboard via Bluetooth, but the after-market keyboards vary widely in quality and functionality. I got a cheap one for my Google Nexus tablet, and it works ... but I can only type at a fraction of the speed I can using a normal keyboard.

Definitely try them out in store first, whichever route you go.

vCash
    I've been mulling the idea myself, though I haven't come to any decision. It's been so long since I've purchased a computer.

I currently have a laptop Lenovo that must be about 100 in computer years. I've been going between laptop & tablet, and like you want something with a keyboard.

The other tablet I've seen is the Lenovo Yoga.

vCash
    The ASUS transformer trio book is a bit out of my price range. I see that there is an ASUS 2-in-1 that is only $399 on Amazon. Not sure how I feel about Windows 8... but that may be the best way to get Microsoft Office.